Blame this year on PC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Blame this year on PC

In Response to Blame this year on PC:
    [QUOTE]I blame PC for this year... He should have known Horton was not going to be less than 100%, then you lose Recchi and Ryder and he brings in Corvo, Pouliotte and Rolston?  Aweful moves especially since they had the money.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

I didn't read the rest of the comments, just the original post.

Blame PC for what?  Not winning the Cup again?  Or should we blame him for only finishing second in the conference?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Blame this year on PC:
    [QUOTE]I don't think PC could have known how bad Corvo would turn out to be.
    Posted by jerrynewyork[/QUOTE]

I did, and I haven't won a Stanley Cup.  Never liked that move, but if you think that's why they lost, you're grasping at straws.  They lost to a team that was only seeded as low as they were because they crapped the bed for half the year.  Like Carolina a few years ago, they were not playing like a low seed down the stretch.  More importantly, the Bruins only broke out of their funk because of the moves PC made at the deadline.  They only finished second because the Rolston, Kelly and Pouliot trio scored like they were the top line, and Zanon pushed Corvo down the depth chart.  Krejci, Lucic, Peverley, Bergeron, Marchand, and Seguin sputtered even though they'd have the occasional good game.  No rhythm.  No chemistry.  Maybe it was too much hockey, maybe it was too many injuries, maybe it was a sea change in the way the league policed games which made them play too safely.  

No Horton though they expected him back.  No Peverley for a long stretch.  No McQuaid for the playoffs.  You can only do so much to plan to ride out injuries, and any plan you have has to start with the guys who are still there picking up the slack.  Put simply, no one did.  I have a hard time laying that on their doorstep as a character issue.  But they didn't have it.  No way you can blame that loss - 7 straight one goal games, multiple overtimes, two decided in the last 2 minutes - on not having Ryder or not replacing Ryder, Recchi and Kaberle.

And saying your opinion doesn't mean others won't criticize if it they think your opinion is based on faulty thinking.  "It's my opinion" isn't blanket immunity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

you're a rightous jerk kelv. I have been here several times this year stating my belief that despite having won the Cup the B's shouldn't stand pat because I thought the talent level was overrated.
    Should I learn hockey? YEah, I could improve my knowledge and assessment skills. I thought Seguin was our worse player in one playoff game but Barry Melrose, who knows 8,000 times the hockey I do, said Seguin was the best player on the B's the entire series. So I defer to Barry.
    I still stand by my assertion that Krecji is not a top line center. And that Looch doesn't have the skill set to be a top line LW. He is better suited for 2nd line duty, as Marchaund is for third line duty and so on.
    Basically I felt all season long that the B's lacked a true top line that could create scoring chances as well as a quality second pair on defense. Sorry, I am loathe to say I told anyone so, but certainly the Caps series lends credence to my assessment. I think I am entitled to say that.
    I just don't get the Bruins board. I am on the Pats board allot arguing player personal and nobody is nasty or rightous. What is it with Bruins fans? There really is a cult mentality on this board

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]you're a rightous jerk kelv. I have been here several times this year stating my belief that despite having won the Cup the B's shouldn't stand pat because I thought the talent level was overrated. Should I learn hockey? YEah, I could improve my knowledge and assessment skills. I thought Seguin was our worse player in one playoff game but Barry Melrose, who knows 8,000 times the hockey I do, said Seguin was the best player on the B's the entire series. So I defer to Barry. I still stand by my assertion that Krecji is not a top line center. And that Looch doesn't have the skill set to be a top line LW. He is better suited for 2nd line duty, as Marchaund is for third line duty and so on. Basically I felt all season long that the B's lacked a true top line that could create scoring chances as well as a quality second pair on defense. Sorry, I am loathe to say I told anyone so, but certainly the Caps series lends credence to my assessment. I think I am entitled to say that. I just don't get the Bruins board. I am on the Pats board allot arguing player personal and nobody is nasty or rightous. What is it with Bruins fans? There really is a cult mentality on this board
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Rightous jerk? I'm not the one on here saying I told you so. I don't recall it, perhaps you could bring up the threads. You showed up when they lost. I'm not saying I know more than Barry Melrose, but to say Seguin was the Bruins best player in the series is just wrong. I think over the course of seven games Dennis Seidenberg was the Bruins best player.  Nobody here is nasty, but to come on here saying I told you so numerous times is rather immature.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Obviously despite PC putting together the first Cup B's winner in nearly 40 years, he is obviously to blame. I mean seven 1-goal games, two losses decided in OT, two wins decided in OT, but OBVIOUSLY IT WAS PC'S FAULT THAT THE B'S DIDN'T ADVANCE. OBVIOUSLY. Just as obvious as saying Holtby would outplay Thomas (not exactly sure he did, especially since the guy was shaky in games 6-7). Obviously PC knew that McQuaid and Horton would be hurt, and that Bergeron could not take faceoffs the last two games, and obviously he knew full well that this was going to be a very easy series (see other threads). Obviously, you second-guessing morons are proving that stupidity takes on all forms and and all kinds. PC should be congratulated for getting Mottau and Zanon to offset Corvo and eventually at least try to take McQuaid's spot. The ripping of Rolston is truly absurd. If he doesn't play as well as he did over the last 10 reg. season games, the B's do not finish as East second seed. TT stood on his head last Cup playoffs, and didn't stand on his head this playoff series, and yet hard to blame him for allowing 1 regulation goal in a game 7. But obviously this was all PC's fault. Obviously.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Rolston played his role better than anyone expected but in the end, like Turco, he was a hole filler. You could probably say the same about Mottau and Zanon unlike Corvo and Pouliot who were the kings of c*ck ups at the worse possible time. The point is PC never acquired a real impact player, or players, after the Cup who could make a significant and regular contribution to the Bs in the present and the future.

But you can't blame PC for the unprecedented ridiculous number of injuries this year or the many p*ss poor performances from his players in the first round. And as crazy as it sounds maybe the Bs were also still exhausted from last year's Cup run, physically and/or mentally. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blame this year on PC : They do not need someone to "anchor' the power play. They need a coach to have a new power play system. A puck moving defenseman is the last thing this power play needs. In fact, stop relying ont he point men so much ont he power play. Last year they had  Chara and Kaberle on the points and what did that do. Blame Kaberle all you want, but his record shows he knows how to play the power play, and records also show the power play stunk before he got here, while he was here and after he left. Shots from the point do not equal a good power play.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Not to be argumentative Kel but I do not believe I mentioned Kaberle or blamed him for anything. Nor would I considering that was last year's issue. Nor did I suggest trying to find a PMD which is, as we both know, a fictitious designation. By anchor I mean someone to take control and quarterback it. Most contending teams have had one. Have you watched Kovalchuk on the PP? He is the main guy. Remember Kovalev when he was with MTL? He was the captain of their league leading PP. That's what I mean. someone to step up and take control. Currently the Bruins do not have one.

And yes, new tactics and strategies are needed form Ward or whoever replaces him because whatever they are using now is obviously ineffective, to say the least.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

I stand by my assessment, of both the Bruins and you.

Sections
Shortcuts