Blaming Ryan Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Blaming Ryan Miller

In Response to Re: Blaming Ryan Miller:
    [QUOTE]Everyone else got an apology... does that mean I'm still a moron?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Haha, i meant to say you and said bruinsfaninpensterrotory...don't think he's been on here for a while....All kidding aside, sorry i called you a moron. i was a real jerk there for a couple of days.

brodeur gets run, I'm shutting off my laptop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Blaming Ryan Miller:[QUOTE]What I find incredulous  Yah, right. Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Be objective...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]What I find incredulous is that Shanny bought Looch's alibi hook, line and sinker.  "I  put my head down and skated, and when I looked up, he was right there, and I didn't have time to avoid him". Yah, right. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

This, more than anything you've posted on this site to date, shows me you've learned nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kel, just wanted to say it's true....

dez is a dick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

First comment to you Sir is leave your political beliefs at the door...you have NO idea what you are talking about. What you hear in the news from the talking heads and reality are two entirely different things. No WMD's? Officially no comment...Sudan
    As far as hockey is concerned...you would not have liked me one bit when I played. People seem to generally agree that Lucic could have tried to avoid Miller and Miller made himself vulnerable going after the puck the way he did...both at fault, but this is hockey? not the ice capades...people get hit. I have always felt if a goalie leaves the net, he is fair game (not within the rules, but that is how I feel). I realize this is not a popular belief, but it is how I feel.
    Doc

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blaming Ryan Miller : I'm the voice of objective reason.  You guys all pump your own tires and get into a total groupthink environment.  "Yeah, if we all agree, then we must be right!"  Sorry, guys;  it doesn't work that way.  A lot of people believed that there were WMDs in Iraq, but that didn't make it so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

That's it!  49North has traveled into RMiller land!  No more commentary from me on his remarks!  Objective?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudduck72. Show mudduck72's posts

Did anyone ever think what if miller hit lucic with his stick that he so wildly swung after he went down? He tried to hit him with the stick!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Blame Miller no but he is protected in the crease and the immediate area. What if Lucic pulls up and Miller makes a breakout pass leading to a breakaway and a goal.  Than you would be saying Looch is playing soft again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Blaming Ryan Miller:
    [QUOTE]When you blame Ryan Miller for the collision between him and Lucic you sound like the knucklehead Canuck fans who blamed Nathan Horton for the Rome hit last year. I understand you have blinders on, I also understand the lack of knowledge when it comes to goalies and contact. But the cat is out of the bag on that one now. Some of you disagree with the rule, thats fine, but it's a rule, and he got a two minute penalty.Ryan Miller did not come up with the rule. My point is you sound real stupid when you blame Miller.Even more as*anine when you question his intestinal fortitude.  Funny thing is, the majority of Buffalo fans don't blame Lucic. They are mad at their team for doing nothing. I know, here come the he shouldnt have swung his stick or called Lucic a expletive. And here comes the your a goalie Kelvana you guys are soft and weird, when you come out of the crease you should be fair game. Hey, have i blamed lucic? I don't know whats going through his head. Buffalo fans more mad at their team instead of Lucic. Boston fans blaming Miller. Who sound like the more educated fans there?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Without reading past your post I do agree its not millers fault, Miller is one of my favorite goalies in this league due to his competivness, but surely its debateable whether the hit was intentional or not in different views. I think imo if lucic lowered the shoulder then yes it was intentional but i see his arms go up at the last second in more of a defensove stance, altho miller got the brunt of it all, hence, Lucic moving faster on his skates than miller and being out weighed. Its been my opinion for years, goalies dont belong  beyond there crease or within a reasonable distant. I recall Rask making a play where he did the same thing to get to the puck and nearly had a collision that could of been serious. To me its a mistake for goalies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blaming Ryan Miller : I'm the voice of objective reason.  You guys all pump your own tires and get into a total groupthink environment.  "Yeah, if we all agree, then we must be right!"  Sorry, guys;  it doesn't work that way.  A lot of people believed that there were WMDs in Iraq, but that didn't make it so.
    If you really think this, you don't read much here.  Some of the bickering and "debates" between Bruins fans can get pretty ugly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blaming Ryan Miller : If you really think this, you don't read much here.  Some of the bickering and "debates" between Bruins fans can get pretty ugly.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    true dat... i didn't feel like i belonged until i had half the board telling me i was an idiot, while the other half threatened to ignore me. one large beautiful dysfunctional family.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Miller, Ruff and that entire Buffalo crew are a bunch of whiny pansies.
    Had they responsed with the same passion in the game as they did in the post game media scrum, I might have a bit of respect for these hens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think 49 has brought some interesting discussion and analysis here at times.  However, the trouble is that with any discussion of the Bruins or the Canucks, he ultimately comes to the same conclusion as the rest of Vancouver...Chara should've been suspended, Rome's hit wasn't bad, Burrows biting is okay, Horton should have had his head up, Lucic should be suspended, etc. etc. etc.

You know what that is?  Groupthink.  Vancouver groupthink.  I have seen way more objectivity in the vigerous debates on these boards from fellow Bruins fans over just about everything. 

The same old song and dance from Vancouver or Montreal fans who object to the Bruins style of play (NHL rules be damned!) is no more enlightened than my dog's opinion that he should get more food every night.  Totally predictable.  Totally self-serving.

And it's all done under to not-very-convincing guise of being the "objective" one here.  It's gotten silly 49.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

49-North just jumped the shark.

Very, very few Buffalo fans give a rat's patootie about the Lucic/Miller collision. Yet Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal fans are crying foul.

Weak sauce....and utterly transparent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

BOSTON BRUINS 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

49 North - What you do is play the contrarian, not the objective role on this board. You disagree with anything supporting the Bruins and almost always take the anti-Bruins stance on anything (unless you know it's idiocy to do so).

Shannahan has a hard job of judging intent. If Lucic intended to hit Miller, he would have flown into the boards, not just spun around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Kel, just wanted to say it's true.... dez is a dick.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, what he said!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Blaming Ryan Miller:

I was having a difficult time trying to post how I felt about the play.  Goaltender Jonas HEDBERG's interview in today's NESN (11-16-11 )"Bruins Run Winning Streak...", expresses it best for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]49 North - What you do is play the contrarian, not the objective role on this board. You disagree with anything supporting the Bruins and almost always take the anti-Bruins stance on anything (unless you know it's idiocy to do so). Shannahan has a hard job of judging intent. If Lucic intended to hit Miller, he would have flown into the boards, not just spun around.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Actually, you may recall when the B's were 3-7 (last in the East), and everyone was sure that the sky was falling and DK was involved in at least a half dozen trades, I said in my posts that 10 games is far too early to panic, and that I'd be surprised if the Bruins weren't at least in the middle of the pack of the East by the end of November (I may be a week early on that one).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

that's one ugly mug....looks like a boston bruin to me. paille has really grown on me... but how can a guys feet be so great, and his hands so bad? oh well, i eagerly await his return. he's a key piece to the puzzle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Well, I might as well chime in here on this 'Miller's fault' thing...

I can see that Miller came charging out of his net to beat Lucic to the puck and hopefully turn it the other way for a scoring chance. I can also see that Lucic was also chasing the puck in hopes of chipping it past Miler for a goal.

From Miller's view, he takes off for the puck trusting that Lucic will not make contact (=penalty) and is not ready for impact until the last split second.

Kelvana - being a goalie yourself - isn't it reasonable to assume that (based on where Lucic and the puck were) Miller wanted to position himself between Lucic and the goal in case there's a mishandling or block of his clearout?

Likewise, isn't it reasonable to assume that Lucic took a line to the puck that would also be in line with the goal?

When Miller got to the puck, he sees Lucic in his path, instinctively maintains his positioning between #17 and the goal...and (literally) it was a bang-bang play.

No one really at fault, but really a result of two top notch players trying to maintain good positioning?

However, there is a penalty for colliding with a goaltender and Lucic paid the price. Should be the end of story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I might as well chime in here on this 'Miller's fault' thing... I can see that Miller came charging out of his net to beat Lucic to the puck and hopefully turn it the other way for a scoring chance. I can also see that Lucic was also chasing the puck in hopes of chipping it past Miler for a goal. From Miller's view, he takes off for the puck trusting that Lucic will not make contact (=penalty) and is not ready for impact until the last split second. Kelvana - being a goalie yourself - isn't it reasonable to assume that (based on where Lucic and the puck were) Miller wanted to position himself between Lucic and the goal in case there's a mishandling or block of his clearout? Likewise, isn't it reasonable to assume that Lucic took a line to the puck that would also be in line with the goal? When Miller got to the puck, he sees Lucic in his path, instinctively maintains his positioning between #17 and the goal...and (literally) it was a bang-bang play. No one really at fault, but really a result of two top notch players trying to maintain good positioning? However, there is a penalty for colliding with a goaltender and Lucic paid the price. Should be the end of story.
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

Every goalie coach I ever had told me never come out in a race if thats exactly what it is...a race. Come out only when you know you can play the puck cleanly.Your there to stop pucks. Miller gambled, and thats why a collision ensued.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blaming Ryan Miller : Every goalie coach I ever had told me never come out in a race if thats exactly what it is...a race. Come out only when you know you can play the puck cleanly.Your there to stop pucks. Miller gambled, and thats why a collision ensued.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    sounds exactly like what brodeur said- it's a hockey play

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blaming Ryan Miller : sounds exactly like what brodeur said- it's a hockey play
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Yep, its a hockey play and Miller got the short end of the stick. Literally, he couldn't quite reach Lucic with that paddle.

Sections
Shortcuts