Bleacher report: Boston Bruins shopping Marchand and Kellly.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

Bleacher report: Boston Bruins shopping Marchand and Kellly.

I hope its not true. I like Kelly and Marchand.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Bleacher report: Boston Bruins shopping Marchand and Kellly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Aaron Hernandez killed a guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I watched a thing on tsn today.  Said the bruins depth is what sets them apart from other teams.  The bruins essentially lost all 4rw along with AF.   They said that kelly and marchand could be guys next to go.   this was based on a thing they did after talking about rasks deal.  They didnt say it was a bad deal for those jumping ahead.   

Unfortunately when you pay guys huge deals its gonna hurt with depth.  Im not singling out rask. But when you look around the nhl.  Teams with big tickets often sell off players and hope a bickell can come along to replace a ladd And buff.  You then deal off a campbell and wait until you find an  oduya.  

our depth is hurting at moment and we are replacing with youth on the blueline, ? On 3rd line which really happered us most of the year and a backup no one knows.  

For those who think our team is better i love your spirit.  I think there are gonna be many speed bumps next year.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I watched a thing on tsn today.  Said the bruins depth is what sets them apart from other teams.  The bruins essentially lost all 4rw along with AF.   They said that kelly and marchand could be guys next to go.   this was based on a thing they did after talking about rasks deal.  They didnt say it was a bad deal for those jumping ahead.   

Unfortunately when you pay guys huge deals its gonna hurt with depth.  Im not singling out rask. But when you look around the nhl.  Teams with big tickets often sell off players and hope a bickell can come along to replace a ladd And buff.  You then deal off a campbell and wait until you find an  oduya.  

our depth is hurting at moment and we are replacing with youth on the blueline, ? On 3rd line which really happered us most of the year and a backup no one knows.  

For those who think our team is better i love your spirit.  I think there are gonna be many speed bumps next year.  

PC said he staying pat no more trades.  Source: at the Tuukka confernce call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stink,

i think thats in regards to adding players.  If an offer came in for kelly he would be gone.  I think freeing the 3 million would be wise.  Trading ST for me has been a no brainer for a long time.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

quoting bleacher report is not the best way to get ahead around here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

quoting bleacher report is not the best way to get ahead around here

I've seen it send verbal artillery at the user.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PCs problem lies in his drafting when building up replacements for the 3rd line COMPLETE FAILURE. Chiarelli is hoping Big Carl can learn the NA hockey game quickly but doesn't have anyone in Providence ready to ride on the other side of Kelly. Either one of the Bruins prospects pulls a Bergeron or Lucic in camp or Chiarelli is praying for the cap to go back up quickly.

No one knew Khudobin last year and he did just fine. Not concerned with Johnson nor Svedberg at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Marchand is a good player with a great contract.  I see no reason for the B's to trade him, unless it's a package deal with Kelly to upgrade second line left wing.  Even so, I don't like the idea.  The team is blowing up after falling a few goals short of another Cup victory.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

PCs problem lies in his drafting when building up replacements for the 3rd line COMPLETE FAILURE.

2007-2008

12 picks

Draft positions:  8, 16, 35, 47, 77, 97, 130, 159, 169, 173, 189, 197

Results:  38 games played, one goal, nine assists, 10 PIM

WHAT A JOKE.

Since 2007, he has drafted 29 guys outside of the Top 10.

Caron has 11 goals.  The others?  Colbourne has one and MacDermid has two.

Miserable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The Bruins have no interest in moving Marchand.  KDP starts a rumor with no source and the rumor mill keeps grinding it.  Nothing to see folks, move along now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep, there's absolutely no good reason to trade Marchand.  I should have stopped reading after "Bleacher report:"

Just for comparison's sake, here's the list of LW's who scored more points than Marchand last year:  

Kunitz (product of Crosby)

Hall (Not available)

Zetterberg (will retire a Wing...unless Alfredsson convinces him to go to Ottawa)

Ladd (not available)

Moulson (probably not available, and likely not as good a fit in Boston)

Nash (can't afford him)

Vanek (see Nash)

Sedin (see Nash)

Pacioretty (...)

Parise (owns an island)

Neal (tied Marchand in points, played with Malkin, not as good defensively or on the PK) 

All but Kunitz make as much or more than Marchand, I believe, and most enough so that Kelly's cap space less a replacement for Kelly won't exactly cut it.

It's a dumb idea that, as far as I can tell, originated with KPD sptiballing on Twitter.

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

And thats that Bookboy. Well done.

KPD was just speculating in my opinion. But the moment I heard it, I thought Evander Kane. Then I said no way they deal him. Then I thought Tyler Seguin. Then I slapped myself like Harry did in Dumb & Dumber for being sucked into a tweet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Just for comparison's sake, here's the list of LW's who scored more points than Marchand last year:

Here's another list:

Sharp

Krejci

Kane

Bickell

Bergeron

Lucic

Horton

Hossa

Crosby

Dupuis

Voynov

J. Carter

Neal

Williams

Couture

Kunitz

Shaw

Brunner

Marleau

Those 21 guys all had more goals than Marchand in the playoffs.

More?
    Okay.

Malkin

Zetterberg

Iginla

Pavelski

Cleary

Alfredsson

Paille

Franzen

Krug

Kessel

Pageau

Stepan

Those are the guys that tied Marchand's pitiful four goals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

If Marchand and Kelly were to go, this whole "chemistry"... "team tightness" thing has been hogwash.  Although, I'm not in great disagreement with anything that's been done, this team has already incurred big change.  Enough change.  2 of the past 3 in the cup finals is pretty good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not going to do the work to fact check every name there, but I'm willing to be that list gets really, really short if you reduce it to guys who have more points than Marchand over the last 3 playoff years.  At a glance, I think it would read: Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Crosby.  Sorry, not Crosby.  He missed 2011's playoffs and while that series vs. the Flyers seemed to be 11-9 games every night, he still only hit 8 points in '12.

Going back to the Sinden era if they start shipping guys out because they didn't score more goals in a particular playoffs.  Especially the guy who made the play on more than one of Bergeron's clutch goals including the pass to win game 3 vs. Pitt.  He didn't have the totals of 2011, but he was in on some key goals.

But the main point of my list was production vs. cap hit, and there are maybe 4 guys on that first list of yours with smaller cap hits than Marchand - Kunitz, Voynov, Shaw, Bickell.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Take a breath, Bookerooni.  Just a different look, that's all.

I was surprised when I noticed it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope that's just a knee-jerk "i have data to support A point too" NAS. That was one playoff year. One. And as you said, good young player, low-salary. Trading away Marchand for his own replacement is just going to reduce team depth even more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Stink,

i think thats in regards to adding players.  If an offer came in for kelly he would be gone.  I think freeing the 3 million would be wise.  Trading ST for me has been a no brainer for a long time.  

Agree wholeheartedly,  but an interesting fact

ST 2008-13  416GP  29G 39A 68Pts  -10  674Pims ?fights   Salary $4,274,998

these numbers put to a single season would not look too bad for the money, 29G $4.2M

but 6 seasons watching him when someone with talent could have been playing, just downright painful.

His salary total is similar to Loui for this year 4.25M cap but Loui better have higher totals and a +30 to35.

GOAT!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Nas-make that list to LW's

Sharp

Bickell

Lucic

Neal

Kunitz

Marleau

Those  6 guys all had more goals than Marchand in the playoffs.

More?
    Okay.

Zetterberg

Paille

2 tied with him

Different perspective in all of NHL only 8 LW's as good or better and 2 are from the Bruin's.Smile

GOAT!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

KMCI what are you talking about with ST's last 6 seasons? I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Edit

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let's try this one more time, and then give up on the joke.