Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?

I remember there was a thread on this last year, and I thought it'd be fun to get it going again.

I'll say he'll play 70 (regular season) games this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Board Contest: How many games will Andrew Ference play?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's see... 76 regular season(6 days of rest for late season back to backs) + about 24 playoff games on way to another cup. that would be 100 by my count! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?

My bad for not being more specific in the title of the thread, I meant Regular Season games. Although, I do love your post adk, as you have them winning another cup ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am gonna come on and eat crow about a guy I called out on numerous occasions.  I am saying 73.  His efforts last year were fantastic.  My issues were awarding a solid contract to a guy that didnt deserve it.  Obviously management are smarter than me. Especially with inflated contracts.  AF was everything and then some last year.  Hope he has another healthy productive season for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Board Contest: How many games will Andrew Ference play?:
    I am gonna come on and eat crow about a guy I called out on numerous occasions.  I am saying 73.  His efforts last year were fantastic.  My issues were awarding a solid contract to a guy that didnt deserve it.  Obviously management are smarter than me. Especially with inflated contracts.  AF was everything and then some last year.  Hope he has another healthy productive season for us.
    Posted by shuperman

I'm right there with you, Shupe. At the time, I didn't fully understand why PC was in a rush to extend him to a length of 3 years and to 2.25M/YR. He was awesome last year, particularly in the playoffs. He played a physical game, skated well and even provided a boost offensively at times. 

At the rally, Cam said "let me tell you something, you want to talk about a TEAM? This is a TEAM." Ference definitely got my respect throughout the year when he'd stick up for his teammates and pick a fight with anyone who delivered a cheap shot. I'm a sucker for this, but what he did, standing up for his teammates and displaying a fearless attitude, is remarkable. I really, truly hope that what we saw last year was a sign of things to come the next few years. He seems like a great teammate as well. 

I don't know how everyone else feels, but in my opinion, he is definitely a leading candidate to receive Rex's "A." There are other worthy candidates, no doubt (Horton, Seids, Thornton and Krejci...just to name a few), but he derserves atleast a look, to receive the "A."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Board Contest: How many games will Andrew Ference play? : I'm right there with you, Shupe. At the time, I didn't fully understand why PC was in a rush to extend him to a length of 3 years and to 2.25M/YR. He was awesome last year, particularly in the playoffs. He played a physical game, skated well and even provided a boost offensively at times.  At the rally, Cam said "let me tell you something, you want to talk about a TEAM? This is a TEAM." Ference definitely got my respect throughout the year when he'd stick up for his teammates and pick a fight with anyone who delivered a cheap shot. I'm a sucker for this, but what he did, standing up for his teammates and displaying a fearless attitude, is remarkable. I really, truly hope that what we saw last year was a sign of things to come the next few years. He seems like a great teammate as well.  I don't know how everyone else feels, but in my opinion, he is definitely a leading candidate to receive Rex's "A." There are other worthy candidates, no doubt (Horton, Seids, Thornton and Krejci...just to name a few), but he derserves atleast a look, to receive the "A."
    Posted by Hockguy0818

I don't think there is a question about who deserves it. AF gets my nod.  I personally dont think Lucic is mature enough yet.  DK and Horton nope.  Marchand a big nose I mean nope.  Kelly-Campy possible.  But AF has worn it and gets my vote as well

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

82 I hope!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Hamilton, Kampfer see a few pro games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ference finally showed what he could do when not injured. He was steady all year and strong in all aspects of the game, as noted above. He lso helped McQuaid develop into a solid, and still learing, D man. I too would have dumped him in prior years, but, would also second his nomination for the A based on this past season. I would also love his attitude as an asst coach, which the on ice A will reinforce.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am thinking 82, but it will be more than likely 65 with some type of injury.  

As a side note on this thread, imo he deserves the "A".  Intelligent, articulate, and plays the game well for a small defenseman. Leadership is not noted, but based upon how many interviews etc. he has during the year, I am inclined to think he has the ability to lead.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

My expectations are always that Defenseman will get nicked up especially the way they are coached to "Confront the Puck" so much now in the NHL. I think AFs body has finally held up from the groin surgeries, so 65-70 games seams about right given the hazardous of his job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Posted by shuperman

I agree,Ference had a great year last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Not 82.  At some point, he won't be able to help himself, and he'll launch an elbow into some unsuspecting guy's head, or cross-check someone across the chops, and get a suspension.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?:
    Not 82.  At some point, he won't be able to help himself, and he'll launch an elbow into some unsuspecting guy's head, or cross-check someone across the chops, and get a suspension.
    Posted by 49-North

Are you talking about Rome or Ference?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Jeff Halpern, anyone?

Giving the finger to the Montreal crowd, anyone?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?:
    Jeff Halpern, anyone? Giving the finger to the Montreal crowd, anyone?
    Posted by 49-North

And was he suspended for either of those actions???

Thank you! Next!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jeff Halpern, anyone? Giving the finger to the Montreal crowd, anyone?
    Posted by 49-North

49N,

How can you come on here after your team was handed a massive beat down.  Seriously.  They were beat up on all aspects.  AF didnt launch and elbow at Halpren. Go watch the video.  He did give the finger to the crowd but he didnt bite one. 
    Your team is littered with classless punks that I can't stand.  Lapierre is second only to Ratt Cooke. 
    I wouldnt be throwing stones.  Take your second place finish like a man and wait until the year starts before yapping.  Please.  You look terrible trying to play ours as bad when you had guys that took dirty to a new level and then when pushed back they folded.  Again.  And again.  And again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?:
    I remember there was a thread on this last year, and I thought it'd be fun to get it going again. I'll say he'll play 70 (regular season) games this year.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play? : 49N, How can you come on here after your team was handed a massive beat down.  Seriously.  They were beat up on all aspects.  AF didnt launch and elbow at Halpren. Go watch the video.  He did give the finger to the crowd but he didnt bite one.  Your team is littered with classless punks that I can't stand.  Lapierre is second only to Ratt Cooke.  I wouldnt be throwing stones.  Take your second place finish like a man and wait until the year starts before yapping.  Please.  You look terrible trying to play ours as bad when you had guys that took dirty to a new level and then when pushed back they folded.  Again.  And again.  And again. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, this is the guy who then says he come on here to talk hockey and never attempts to trash the B's! Besides, trolling is one thing but when your team loses in the finals to the team who's board you're trolling, and you STILL stick around, at least have something intelligent to say. 

Now, one of 2 things will happen. He will either not answer this at all or come out saying how he's persecuted here! Watch....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think team health is the #1 factor for a Boston Cup repeat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Hey, don't worry, I can take it.

I'm still here, right?

And as you know, if you've read all of my posts, I definitely have intelligent things to say.  I don't have a lot of respect for Ference -- I think his actions have spoken for him over the past several years, and I think that one more incident will likely see him being suspended by Shanahan et al. 

That's why I don't think he'll play 82 games. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hey, don't worry, I can take it. I'm still here, right? And as you know, if you've read all of my posts, I definitely have intelligent things to say.  I don't have a lot of respect for Ference -- I think his actions have spoken for him over the past several years, and I think that one more incident will likely see him being suspended by Shanahan et al.  That's why I don't think he'll play 82 games. 
    Posted by 49-North

Why not start with that rather than start with he is a piece of junk and dirty. Heck if you read my posts about him all yr you would know I didnt like his antics either.  Bottom line is his play made some of his actions disappear.  Its when the antics outshine the play is when I have a real issue.  Ala Lapierre.  I mean man up.  Do you really like having that sack of po op on your team.  I would cringe if he ever threw a B's jersey on.  Marchand is no angel either.  I find his play over that so called line on most nights.  I call him out all the time and honestly would have no problem if they dealt him.  BUT he was probably the best player outside TT in the finals and no one on Van did anything about his other stuff.

You do offer very good posts.  But don't be a wolf in sheeps cloths.  A flaming troll is one thing.  But a smart hockey person who cheers for another team and claims a open mind and then only to find out is a troll is worse than a flaming troll.  I am so off mark sometimes people call be a troll.  I have been called a troll by some of the best posters on here.  But I think they know I am honest with my opinions and dont let the mass of homers sway my judgement. 

I think Van has a very fun team to watch.  But they have proven they are a heartless club.  Starting with Loungo.  I feel sorry for him.  He can't do anything right and the fans are on him. 

Anyway, I watched the Van-Cal game last night.  Nolan was skating really well.  I hope he sticks with your team.  He would be your Recchi.  And will throw down as well.  Never in a million yrs would Nolan have watched Sedin get punched numerous times in the face by Marchand.  Nolan likely beats the snot outta Brad, then turns and slaps Sedin for being a chicken po op.

Sections
Shortcuts