Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?

I would hope that simply disagreeing with some of the contributors to the conversations here (who think all who wear the spoked B are perfect in every way) does not qualify me as a "troll". 

Yes, I'm a Canucks fan.  And believe it or not, I actually enjoy the often witty (though sometimes infantile) back and forth on this forum (which is why I enjoy returning).  I can take criticisms of Canucks levelled at me (after all, I'm not the GM), as long as they're rational, and not of the elementary school yard variety.

Of course, there are some antics by Canucks players that I'm not proud of.  I wish that Burrows hadn't bit down when Bergy shoved his glove in his mouth;  I wish Rome would have timed his hit a half-second better.  I wish Lappy hadn't stuck his finger at Bergy (though I think he can't help it -- he's genetically programmed to taunt the Bruins). 

I respect your comments about Bruins players, as well.  It's nice to read that there are some who don't give blind approval to everything done by their home team's players.

As for Nolan, when the Canucks brought him in for a PTO, the Recchi analogy ws the first thing I thought of. I think the description of the Canucks as "heartless" is a bit harsh.  To say that they have less "heart" than the Bruins is apt, but I don't think you can get through three rounds of the SC playoffs with "no heart".   Kesler, for example, has plenty of heart, as does Manny, Sami, Juice, Hammy, and others.  I know you guys hate Burrows, but he scores some huge goals and his "never quit" attitude is one of the good stories in hockey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?:
    [QUOTE]I would hope that simply disagreeing with some of the contributors to the conversations here (who think all who wear the spoked B are perfect in every way) does not qualify me as a "troll".  Yes, I'm a Canucks fan.  And believe it or not, I actually enjoy the often witty (though sometimes infantile) back and forth on this forum (which is why I enjoy returning).  I can take criticisms of Canucks levelled at me (after all, I'm not the GM), as long as they're rational, and not of the elementary school yard variety. Of course, there are some antics by Canucks players that I'm not proud of.  I wish that Burrows hadn't bit down when Bergy shoved his glove in his mouth;  I wish Rome would have timed his hit a half-second better.  I wish Lappy hadn't stuck his finger at Bergy (though I think he can't help it -- he's genetically programmed to taunt the Bruins).  I respect your comments about Bruins players, as well.  It's nice to read that there are some who don't give blind approval to everything done by their home team's players. As for Nolan, when the Canucks brought him in for a PTO, the Recchi analogy ws the first thing I thought of. I think the description of the Canucks as "heartless" is a bit harsh.  To say that they have less "heart" than the Bruins is apt, but I don't think you can get through three rounds of the SC playoffs with "no heart".   Kesler, for example, has plenty of heart, as does Manny, Sami, Juice, Hammy, and others.  I know you guys hate Burrows, but he scores some huge goals and his "never quit" attitude is one of the good stories in hockey.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

its way more then just what u think 49. i mean talk about 2 polar opposite teams. your not going to get the what your looking for from this fanbase.
    its everything too. from the whiney mike gillis to the idiotic comments from betty lou and everything in between. does kesler have heart=yup does bieksa=yup edler=yup malholtra=yup after that its a few maybes and alot of no's. all u have to do is go back and watch the Stanley cup finals again.
     why did boston win 49?
    1.tim thomas 2.depth 3. mental toughness. u talk about the canucks arent top heavy but once the bruins shutdown the first line the goals for Vancouver were few and far between. how come the difference in home and away? how come the bruins power play was better in the finals?
    better yet 49 flip teams does Vancouver come back in that series if they were down 0-2 going home for games 3 and 4? and finally the icing on the cake game 7 at home for the Stanley cup and Vancouver is completely outplayed and shutout 4-0.
    the other stuff your talking about like biting of fingers, sticking fingers in peoples face, romes late hit, standing there as someone punches u in the face 6 times, gm and head coach crying about how games are being refed differently in finals then rest of the playoffs and all the rest of the outside crap is stuff the media and homer fans talk about. are the bruins angels or perfect in every way hell no but 1 thing bruins fans know is the effort and balls will always be there its just how this franchise is made up and for good and bad believe me.
    as far as your posts on here. i think u bring something to the table. i think your objective some what. what i mean by some what is in your post there is alittle rose color approach to your hometown team but its to be expected and its also coming from a true hardcore bruins fan(me) so take it for what its worth 49.

sorry had to laugh i just read the title of this thread and realized i didnt even answer the question cause of tangent we have gone off too.
    ference plays in 75 games this year. 5 because of small injury puck off skate or something and another 2 cause bruins have playoff spot wrapped up with last week not meaning anything in regular season!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Board Contest: How many Regular Season games will Andrew Ference play? : its way more then just what u think 49. i mean talk about 2 polar opposite teams. your not going to get the what your looking for from this fanbase. its everything too. from the whiney mike gillis to the idiotic comments from betty lou and everything in between. does kesler have heart=yup does bieksa=yup edler=yup malholtra=yup after that its a few maybes and alot of no's. all u have to do is go back and watch the Stanley cup finals again.  why did boston win 49? 1.tim thomas 2.depth 3. mental toughness. u talk about the canucks arent top heavy but once the bruins shutdown the first line the goals for Vancouver were few and far between. how come the difference in home and away? how come the bruins power play was better in the finals? better yet 49 flip teams does Vancouver come back in that series if they were down 0-2 going home for games 3 and 4? and finally the icing on the cake game 7 at home for the Stanley cup and Vancouver is completely outplayed and shutout 4-0. the other stuff your talking about like biting of fingers, sticking fingers in peoples face, romes late hit, standing there as someone punches u in the face 6 times, gm and head coach crying about how games are being refed differently in finals then rest of the playoffs and all the rest of the outside crap is stuff the media and homer fans talk about. are the bruins angels or perfect in every way hell no but 1 thing bruins fans know is the effort and balls will always be there its just how this franchise is made up and for good and bad believe me. as far as your posts on here. i think u bring something to the table. i think your objective some what. what i mean by some what is in your post there is alittle rose color approach to your hometown team but its to be expected and its also coming from a true hardcore bruins fan(me) so take it for what its worth 49. sorry had to laugh i just read the title of this thread and realized i didnt even answer the question cause of tangent we have gone off too. ference plays in 75 games this year. 5 because of small injury puck off skate or something and another 2 cause bruins have playoff spot wrapped up with last week not meaning anything in regular season!
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said.. The thing that gets me is the Canucks fans attitudes. 49 is a good poster who seems logical but sneaks in snippets like

"Bit bergy's hand... after he stuck it in his mouth" In every game there are facewashes and in every game someone probably gets a glove in the mouth. Its the nature of the facewash.. So I ask you, how many times does that result in a bite?

Regardless its our differences as fans that make this sport so awesome. In boston we value the toughness, beating your opponent down and winning with big hits, great defense and team scoring. Certainly our emphasis on toughness bothers other fanbases. But its those differences that make the rivalries in this sport 10x better than any other.

Keep posting 49. Your better than 19/20 fans of other teams that post here.