Board of Governors Approve Radical Re-alignment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Board of Governors Approve Radical Re-alignment

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604852

Not sure how I feel about this....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Board of Governors Approve Radical Re-alignment

I'm not sold on this.  Need to know more how the schedule will look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thought at least one of the two Columbus or Detroit would come East...

PS. If you are ever on the peninsula in No Cal the Inn at Spanish Bay is a great place to stay. Pebble Beach, Olympic and Spy Glass right near by...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I never thougt in a million years the B's would be in the same "division" as Florida and TB. That just seems crazy to me.

Who knows, maybe this is a brilliant reorganization and we just don't know it yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Shouldn't Pitt and Philly or Ny and NYI or NJ and someone else be with the B's and not Fla and TB?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Board of Governors Approve Radical Re-alignment:[QUOTE]I never thougt in a million years the B's would be in the same "division" as Florida and TB. Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Bruins players won't be complaining in January or Febuary every year...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

agreed call who reorganizes and puts tampa and florida with boston and montreal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

It seems they went completely vertical in order to preserve the time zones. North-south. Very radical indeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I actually like it.  Come playoff time, it will create more rivalries because in order to advance, teams have to go through the same 6 or 7 teams (depending on your conference) every year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The uneven conference sizes damages my calm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

That's what I was thinking too DrCC. Some conferences have 7 instead of 8 teams. Seems like a bit of an unfair advantage if 4  teams from each conference makes the playoffs. Not sure I like this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

It seems like the two Florida teams got hosed as far as travel goes, unless they plan on flying commercial just to cut costs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Board of Governors Approve Radical Re-alignment:
    [QUOTE]It seems like the two Florida teams got hosed as far as travel goes, unless they plan on flying commercial just to cut costs.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

How is that high-speed rail project doing down south?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]The uneven conference sizes damages my calm.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Expansion probably won't be too far off to even things up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wow. Stunned by some of this.

#1: Why would Western teams approve a situation where they need to be in the top 4 of 8, while the Eastern teams only need to be top 4 out of 7?

#2: Soooo...do we just assume the top 4 in the new Pacific will be Philly, Pitt, NYR and WSH every year?

#3: Montreal every year in the playoffs. Nice.

#4: LOVE the idea of playing every team in the league twice, one home and one away. That's more like it.

As far as the Bruins are concerned, this should be a nice situation. Fans get to see every team, rivalries will continue, and it should be a smooth path to the playoffs each year. Not sure about the league on the whole, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sold on this.  Need to know more how the schedule will look.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

The way it is explained, for example the Bruins would play their own conference 6 times which makes 36 games then they would play the other 23 teams 2 times one home & one away. That would make 46 games for a total of an 82 game season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I like some elements, I don't like others. It will keep things fresh I guess. My one gripe is that the first two rounds will be "conference" playoffs. That means the same teams each year. I like fresh match ups. I do like that teams from any of the four conferences can meet in the cup final. Imagine a Bos-Pilly final. Only thing better would be a Habs-Bruins final, which still can't happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]I do like that teams from any of the four conferences can meet in the cup final. Imagine a Bos-Pilly final. Only thing better would be a Habs-Bruins final, which still can't happen.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention this, but great point. If the idea is to shuffle things up and let traditionally same-conference teams play in the Finals, it would have been epic to allow same divisional teams play in the finals. Why not realign after every round?

Oh well...guess we could still get BOS-PIT or BOS-NYR or BOS-PHI in the Finals and that would be fantastic as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Outside of the Florida team placements and Pheonix placement, the new alignment is fine.  The Washington, Pittsburgh conference with Carolina seems a bit odd considering Nashville is a bit closer.  Me thinks expansion will be a topic in a few years. I hope not!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

My biggest issue is the playoff format.  Sure you say there will be rivalries but after a while it'll get boring always playing the same teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Board of Governors Approve Radical Re-alignment : The way it is explained, for example the Bruins would play their own conference 6 times which makes 36 games then they would play the other 23 teams 2 times one home & one away. That would make 46 games for a total of an 82 game season.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Looked it over and the schedule seems okay.  We'll still have 6games with most of the same teams we play 6x now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]My biggest issue is the playoff format.  Sure you say there will be rivalries but after a while it'll get boring always playing the same teams.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I agree, not looking forward to playing the same teams all the time in the playoffs. Reminds me of the old Adams Division days. Do we really need more Boston- Montreal first round matchups ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Board of Governors Approve Radical Re-alignment : I agree, not looking forward to playing the same teams all the time in the playoffs. Reminds me of the old Adams Division days. Do we really need more Boston- Montreal first round matchups ?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

You read my mind. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Also it'll become a little like MLB in the sense that some better teams because they're in a strong division won't make the playoffs.
    It happens with 2 conferences now , with 4 conferences it'll happen more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

We seem to have an extremely weak division. Look at all these soft teams the bruins will be up against? I mean, does anyone in our proposed division scare you? While this should ensure the Bruins are contenders for the next few years, it just seems unsportsman-like to be beating up on these baddies when Conference D is an absolute meat grinder.

I would have loved to see Philly in our division, but I get why the NHL wanted to keep the New York Philly Rivalry thing going.

I dunno how I feel about it. I suppose the two seven team conferences give the NHL some flexibility here if there is relocation/expansion.

we'll see, kinda cool to have three original 6 teams in our division.

Sections
Shortcuts