Bob McKenzie: Bruins closing in on extensions with Kelly and Campbell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Bob McKenzie: Bruins closing in on extensions with Kelly and Campbell

Bob McKenzie tweeted a short while ago that the Bruins are VERY close to signing Kelly and Campbell to multi-year extensions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Bob McKenzie: Bruins closing in on extensions with Kelly and Campbell

I'm personally bothered by this, I highly doubt it's going to be a short deal . I can't believe we're honestly going to leave Seguin on the wing. It seems I'm in the minority, but I just find it to be an egregious mis-use of his talents.

I honestly think the Bruins are so bat-sh1t crazy about his defensive liabilities, that they're willing to settle with him as goal scorer with blazing speed rather than take a risk and further develop his playmaking abilities. 

The reason you put him at center is because it gives him more time and space--it gives him more options in the offensive zone. Seguin could be a serious point-producing force in the NHL, but I just don't see it happening while he's restricted to one side of the ice . 

I think what we're talking about here is the difference between a really good player and one of the best players. If you leave him on the wing, he's going to be a really good player.

I mean, Seguin's not even an ideal wing. It's not like you just leave him at wing and all of the sudden he fits in fine. He's under-sized and isn't particularly dangerous in the corners. When the game gets really scrappy, he doesn't seem like he'll ever be the kind of player thats going to be dishing anything out. 

...Maybe this is a situation where we give Krejci one more year and pray he can keep regain his mojo with Nathan Horton healthy. Krejci would then have some serious trade value with one more year left on his deal.

Damn it. someone talk me off the ledge.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

NAS - oh i know the GM suicide joke. I've been on these boards for a while, not always posting, and with another name that randomly got banned.

As for Whitney, I don't see why it's ridiculous to think that the bruins could sign him. UFA, good numbers, and in the past (most recently recchi and rolston) the bruins have shown a desire to have a veteran presence on the 2nd or 3rd line. If it's a short term deal, I don't see why he wouldn't pick the bruins as an ideal place to compete for a cup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Bob McKenzie: Bruins closing in on extensions with Kelly and Campbell:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob McKenzie: Bruins closing in on extensions with Kelly and Campbell : Considering they left Savard's $4M on the books for last year, I'd say this is bridge year #2.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Lol! You sound just like a true Red Sox fan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bob McKenzie: Bruins closing in on extensions with Kelly and Campbell:
    [QUOTE]Time for Seguin to try anchoring the 1st line.   If Horton is not up to speed, then money must be freed up for goal scorer.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Ground breaking idea.

Just riveting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob McKenzie: Bruins closing in on extensions with Kelly and Campbell : I haven't seen anything that says they'll let Pouilot walk, so as of right now, the same exact team that couldn't score in the playoffs is returning with weaker goaltending and more experienced forwards. And I don't like it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  The one move the Bruins should be considering is replacing Horton.

If Horton comes back and stays healthy, that will be a huge windfall and a plus addition for the team.  But the fact is a hit from a d bag Flyer that was dirty but not horrifyingly bad caused him to miss the rest of the season.  Why would the Bruins believe for one minute that just because he looks OK in training camp he will last a full schedule + playoffs?

If this team waits until he gets hurt again, there will be nothing out there plus everyone will try to hold the Bruins hostage at the negotiation table.  Then we will hear another round of "oh there was nothing available/the prices were too high" again from PC. Well, BS, this year don't put yourself in that position.

This team started a backslide with the loss of Horton that has not been corrected.  They need a 30-ish goal scoring winger, preferably with some size, They arent cheap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kel, depending upon the contracts for Kelly and Campbell, it will be a bridge year especially if Horton is not able to play.  I have not heard a word on his condition, but when Bergeron was recovering a few years back we heard plenty. It is not sounding to well for Horton is my guess.  So I am inclined to think without Thomas but with his contract numbers a top 6 forward is out of the question cap wise and thus a "bridge year".   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Do you have any incite as to what goes on in the Bruins lockeroom? Did Recchi do something backstage against the habs last year that Bergeron or Chara failed to do this year? I have no idea what was said or not said, and I doubt that a lack of inspirational speeches or veteran anecdotes had anything to do with Boston losing this year. I do know that on the ice I wouldn't have subbed in Recchi for the man who took his spot, Tyler Seguin. I would have definitely put in a healthy Horton if he was available. The Bruins were beaten by a team that surprisingly played great defence and turned the series into a coin flip. Much of this year's playoffs went that way, and I doubt many people think the New Jersey Devils are more talented than Boston. It's easy to put a negative slant on things in hindsight, but I don't know that it's deserved. In Response to Re: Bob McKenzie: Bruins closing in on extensions with Kelly and Campbell :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Nothing more than he has 2 more Stanley Cups & he was a factor in all them. Don't under estimate motivation. Which a lot of the younger Bruins said was an issue this yr. 

Sections
Shortcuts