Bob Mckenzie via Twitter: Bruins pending UFAs offered contract extensions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bob Mckenzie via Twitter: Bruins pending UFAs offered contract extensions

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

"After signing Boychuk to extension this week, BOS has made contract ext offers to Kelly, Thornton, Campbell and Paille, all UFAs July 1. Opposite organizational philosophy compared to pre-lockout 2004 when BOS decided not to have many contract commitments."

Well said Bob and wonder if any will say they want to test free agency ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Twitter via Bob Mckenzie: Bruins pending UFAs offered contract extensions

Think the offers should have been made a little sooner... if any WERE thinking of testing free agency then that would have been good knowledge to have before trade deadline!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Bob Mckenzie via Twitter: Bruins pending UFAs offered contract extensions

Wonder what the length of term and total dollars are for each offer. I'll take a guess for each of them:

Kelly: 4 Years $11.5 Million ($2.875 Million/Year)-Look at Peverley's contract and his production, same with Jussi Jokinen who I think makes $3 Million a year...Kelly should be below them both.

Campbell: 5 Years $9 Million ($1.8 Million/Year) OR 6 Years $10 Million ($1.666 Million/Year...lower the cap-hit). You have to look at something in the range of a Rupp or Talbot contract.

Thornton: 2 Years $1.8 Million ($900k/Year).

Paille: 2 Years $2.8 Million ($1.4 Million/Year).

What do ya think?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thia alone tells me there is at least something in the works. He's trying to get an idea of what his cap is going to look like before pulling the trigger on a deal. I say stay tuned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hockeyguy, I like the money per year but the length of the contract for Kelly 31 years old don't see it. Two at the most for Chris and Campbell I say no for the reason of being able to move him just in case there is a cap crunch. Other than that looks good to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bob Mckenzie via Twitter: Bruins pending UFAs offered contract extensions:
    [QUOTE]Thia alone tells me there is at least something in the works. He's trying to get an idea of what his cap is going to look like before pulling the trigger on a deal. I say stay tuned.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

This makes the most sense on why they were offered extensions before the trade deadline. Managing the cap and getting a feel where his UFA's demands will be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Bob Mckenzie via Twitter: Bruins pending UFAs offered contract extensions:
    [QUOTE]Thia alone tells me there is at least something in the works. He's trying to get an idea of what his cap is going to look like before pulling the trigger on a deal. I say stay tuned.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Absolutely right on!  This is the first thing that I thought of when I heard it on the radio this morning.  PC is telling these players, this is what I am offering, would you like to continue to be a Bruin at this price?  If they can't reach agreement, they will likely be part of a deal at the deadline.  This allows PC more options.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

What concerns me is that nothing has been adressed in regards to Rask. I know he an RFA but still would like to see his situation get taken care of.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I think this may open the door to Krecji being a piece in a trade.....bear with me

Assuming they resign all 4 guys that gives us our 3rd and 4th line centers for next year and Krecji, Bergeron, and Seguin as three guys capable of filling the top 2 line center positions.  Spooner and possible Knight (I believe) both have a shot at making the big club next year.  I think this leaves them some room to move DK for an impact winger, which is what we desperately need to compete for the cup this year.

I'm not saying I want to lose Krecji, but I think this could be management trying to figure out if they could deal him.  If Kelly wants to test the open market, then Krecji is that much more important to the team since we will potentially have another opening at  center.  If Kelly signs a reasonable offer then Krecji is theoretically on the table

What do you think?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Bob Mckenzie via Twitter: Bruins pending UFAs offered contract extensions:
    [QUOTE]https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie "After signing Boychuk to extension this week, BOS has made contract ext offers to Kelly, Thornton, Campbell and Paille , all UFAs July 1. Opposite organizational philosophy compared to pre-lockout 2004 when BOS decided not to have many contract commitments." Well said Bob and wonder if any will say they want to test free agency ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Despite the strategy that might be behind this - keeping tabs on cap space while trying to do a deal at the trade deadline, I find this a breath of fresh air when I think about the olden days when they were trying to nickel and dime Ray Bourque and all contract negotiations were put out like dirty laundry.

So refreshing to me NOT to hear about ugly salary negotiations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

trading krejci would be stupid. good teams are built up the middle, not on the wing. I'm really hoping Nash doesn't come to boston