Bobby Orr Book Signing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Bobby Orr Book Signing

In Oshawa,On just east of Toronto.

It was amazing I lined up for five hours and he signed my book and gave me a high five!!

I left at 10:30pm and there was still hundreds waiting. He was probably ther until 2:00am

The legend wouldn't leave until he signed every book. Not many superstars would do that.

He looked great could pass for 50. Well worth the five hours!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Bobby Orr Book Signing

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was amazing I lined up for five hours and he signed my book and gave me a high five!!

I left at 10:30pm and there was still hundreds waiting. He was probably ther until 2:00am

The legend wouldn't leave until he signed every book. Not many superstars would do that.

[/QUOTE]

Back in '97 he was speaking at a funtion in association friend's workplace here in Toronto. Knowing I was a Bruin fan, my buddy invited me along.  Bobby Orr signed a jersey I brought.  Personalized it.  What I remember most was how he was with people; looking directly at you - like you mattered to him.  It was awesome.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=688508&navid=nhl:topheads

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[QUOTE]

Back in '97 he was speaking at a funtion in association friend's workplace here in Toronto. Knowing I was a Bruin fan, my buddy invited me along.  Bobby Orr signed a jersey I brought.  Personalized it.  What I remember most was how he was with people; looking directly at you - like you mattered to him.  It was awesome.

[/QUOTE]

One of the best articles I ever read about Orr! Thank You so much Rich...Neely is my favourite Bruin of all time, but Bobby is the reason I became a Bruins fan. The only reason Cam's my favourite is because everything he did I remember so vividly. My longest vivid memory of Bobby is his play in 74' & the 76' Canada Cup. I honestly faintly remember the cup win in 72'. If I ever was to ever meet Cam, or Bobby & this may sound feminine, but I honestly don't give a fawk..I probably would pass out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll be interested to eventually see the sales demographics in the states. Enjoying the book so far!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

One of the best articles I ever read about Orr! Thank You so much Rich...Neely is my favourite Bruin of all time, but Bobby is the reason I became a Bruins fan. The only reason Cam's my favourite is because everything he did I remember so vividly. My longest vivid memory of Bobby is his play in 74' & the 76' Canada Cup.I honestly faintly remember the cup win in 72'. If I ever was to ever meet Cam, or Bobby & this may sound feminine, but I honestly don't give a fawk..I probably would pass out. 

[/QUOTE]

Like you, nite, the '70 and '72 Cups are a bit before my time but yeah, it's the Canada Cup of '76 where I have clearer memories of him.  Since then anything I've read about that tourney states he was the best player there - and this is a stacked Canadian roster of Gilles Perreault, Richard Martin, Potvin, Larry Robinson, Marcel Dionne, Phil Esposito, Sittler, Clarke, Lanny McDonald, Gainey, Barber, Savard and Bobby Hull among others. The best player and all the while his left knee was killing him?!   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

One of the best articles I ever read about Orr! Thank You so much Rich...Neely is my favourite Bruin of all time, but Bobby is the reason I became a Bruins fan. The only reason Cam's my favourite is because everything he did I remember so vividly. My longest vivid memory of Bobby is his play in 74' & the 76' Canada Cup.I honestly faintly remember the cup win in 72'. If I ever was to ever meet Cam, or Bobby & this may sound feminine, but I honestly don't give a fawk..I probably would pass out. 

[/QUOTE]

Like you, nite, the '70 and '72 Cups are a bit before my time but yeah, it's the Canada Cup of '76 where I have clearer memories of him.  Since then anything I've read about that tourney states he was the best player there - and this is a stacked Canadian roster of Gilles Perreault, Richard Martin, Potvin, Larry Robinson, Marcel Dionne, Phil Esposito, Sittler, Clarke, Lanny McDonald, Gainey, Barber, Savard and Bobby Hull among others. The best player and all the while his left knee was killing him?!   

[/QUOTE]

Rich if you don't mind I'd like to share a story that Cheevers & Hull told me about him. When Cherry was coach of the Bruins. He wondered why Bobby was always showing up so early for games. So he showed up earlier than Bobby one day & didn't tell him he was there. Bobby showed up & went into the visiting teams dressing room. He was in there for about 30 min & came out & went into the Bruins room. Cherry went to go into the visiting teams dressing room & a security guard stopped him. Of course Cherry went ballistic & threatened the the guard with his life, because he wanted to know what the hell his star player was doing in the visiting teams dressing room. The guard made Cherry promise not to say anything and took him in. They proceeded into the visiting room showers & there were a bunch of sticks in there. Cherry then picked up a bunch of them & saw that Orr had signed everyone of them. When Cherry asked the guard what this was all about. The guard told him all the visiting teams ask Bobby to sign sticks so that the players of that team can give them to their respected charities. There isn't enough kind words for this man! He wasn't just by himself in talent. You always hear how by himself he is as a person too!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[/QUOTE]

Rich if you don't mind I'd like to share a story that Cheevers & Hull told me about him. When Cherry was coach of the Bruins. He wondered why Bobby was always showing up so early for games. So he showed up earlier than Bobby one day & didn't tell him he was there. Bobby showed up & went into the visiting teams dressing room. He was in there for about 30 min & came out & went into the Bruins room. Cherry went to go into the visiting teams dressing room & a security guard stopped him. Of course Cherry went ballistic & threatened the the guard with his life, because he wanted to know what the hell his star player was doing in the visiting teams dressing room. The guard made Cherry promise not to say anything and took him in. They proceeded into the visiting room showers & there were a bunch of sticks in there. Cherry then picked up a bunch of them & saw that Orr had signed everyone of them. When Cherry asked the guard what this was all about. The guard told him all the visiting teams ask Bobby to sign sticks so that the players of that team can give them to their respected charities. There isn't enough kind words for this man! He wasn't just by himself in talent. You always hear how by himself he is as a person too!

[/QUOTE]

That's a brilliant story, nite.  It sounds completely within the context of the character we've seen of Orr.  There doesn't seem to be a drop of "Look At Me!" in him. Gestures like the one you mention above sound typical of those we've heard about him for years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks for the read. Nothing can be said that has not already been said of Bobby Orr.  

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:Your very lucky to have a sighned jersey!!!
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Orr has always been a class act, and noone knows how much he did to help Derek Sanderson recover from drugs, booze and some poor decisions. He is also approachable when we play golf near his home on Cape Cod, and he might be in the clubhouse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Orr has always been a class act, and noone knows how much he did to help Derek Sanderson recover from drugs, booze and some poor decisions. He is also approachable when we play golf near his home on Cape Cod, and he might be in the clubhouse.

[/QUOTE]

3 different times that were life threatening. 

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts