Bobby Ryan: Not Available? I think otherwise...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Bobby Ryan: Not Available? I think otherwise...

Bob McKenzie, Jimmy Murphy, Joe Haggerty, have all tweeted out that ANA along with several other teams (Mostly Western Conference) have had scouts at Bruins games over the last 2-3 weeks. Other teams included Edmonton, Calgary, Ottowa, Florida, Phoenix.

If you think about it, ANA has been starving for centers. The Bruins are filled with centermem, not only on the current roster but also in the system. You got guys like Ryan Spooner, Alexander Kokhlachev,and Carl Soderberg that may become attractive to them.

The only roster player I see the Bruins having possible interest in return would be Bobby Ryan. I am aware of last year's rumors concerning a David Krejci for Bobby Ryan swap. Which is something I would entertain.

I know there are a lot of people that would not do the deal. However, I feel Bobby is the better player.

Bobby Ryan- 365 games 283pts =0.775pts/gm *16:27 ATOI / 9g 15a-24pts (2012-2013)

Would be 7th among Bruins forwards in ice-time

David Krejci- 408 games 302pts=0.740pts/gm  18:56 ATOI

Ryan has more points per game avg in his career along w/ 35g and 39a (74 Power-Play points).

David has played in 43 more games and has less point per game avg and just 15g and 57a (72 Power-Play points)

IMO Bobby is a more dynamic player with game-breaking ability. If a trade of this magnitude is there to be made i would be on aboard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Bobby Ryan: Not Available? I think otherwise...

ya, anaheim is scouting in case they want to make a deal in the off season. bobby ryan is not available for this season. get over it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anaheim is more likely to be buyers at this point, not sellers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

ya, anaheim is scouting in case they want to make a deal in the off season. bobby ryan is not available for this season. get over it

And Neither is Krejci

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Bob McKenzie, Jimmy Murphy, Joe Haggerty, have all tweeted out that ANA along with several other teams (Mostly Western Conference) have had scouts at Bruins games over the last 2-3 weeks. Other teams included Edmonton, Calgary, Ottowa, Florida, Phoenix.

If you think about it, ANA has been starving for centers. The Bruins are filled with centermem, not only on the current roster but also in the system. You got guys like Ryan Spooner, Alexander Kokhlachev,and Carl Soderberg that may become attractive to them.

The only roster player I see the Bruins having possible interest in return would be Bobby Ryan. I am aware of last year's rumors concerning a David Krejci for Bobby Ryan swap. Which is something I would entertain.

I know there are a lot of people that would not do the deal. However, I feel Bobby is the better player.

Bobby Ryan- 365 games 283pts =0.775pts/gm *16:27 ATOI / 9g 15a-24pts (2012-2013)

Would be 7th among Bruins forwards in ice-time

David Krejci- 408 games 302pts=0.740pts/gm  18:56 ATOI

Ryan has more points per game avg in his career along w/ 35g and 39a (74 Power-Play points).

David has played in 43 more games and has less point per game avg and just 15g and 57a (72 Power-Play points)

IMO Bobby is a more dynamic player with game-breaking ability. If a trade of this magnitude is there to be made i would be on aboard.

More dynamic than Krejci? drug use is a terrible way to go through life son.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

there are scouts from various teams at every game right now so i wouldn't read too much into that, even though the press thinks it's important to point it out constantly. Much of it is due diligence (and may be related to off-season stuff rather than trade deadline) and sometimes the scout isn't even there just to see your team, he's there scouting the opponent as well, and may be there primarily for the opponent on that particular night.  

hard to see ANA trading Ryan right now. If they did I would think they would be looking for D more than another F or C.

I would love to see Ryan in Boston but I would want Krejci dishing him the puck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

FIrst of all Bobby Ryan and Krejci are so different that I am not going to take a hard stance regarding which one is more dynamic/valuable...

However, I will say that assuming the OP is correct (and Im not conceding this) and Ryan is indeed the more valuable asset, the degree to which the impact of adding Ryan exceeds the impact of losing Krejci is so minimal, that this a 0 sum / neutral trade (at best).

If Boyes is available and can be had without touching your core, but you elect to swap Krejci for Ryan instead....You are basically saying:

Ryan's value minus (-) Krejci's value > Boyes' value...Which is rediculous

So, in order to make this trade to be worthwile, the delta between Ryan's value and Krejci's value would have to exceed the full value of any other player that can be had without touching our core (which is rediculous).  Especially when you consider Krejci's contract, the strides he has made from core strength and defensive responsibility standpoints, and his point total despite the up/down play of his wingers

We need to add talent, not exchange talent

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

FIrst of all Bobby Ryan and Krejci are so different that I am not going to take a hard stance regarding which one is more dynamic/valuable...

However, I will say that assuming the OP is correct (and Im not conceding this) and Ryan is indeed the more valuable asset, the degree to which the impact of adding Ryan exceeds the impact of losing Krejci is so minimal, that this a 0 sum / neutral trade (at best).

If Boyes is available and can be had without touching your core, but you elect to swap Krejci for Ryan instead....You are basically saying:

So, in order to make this trade to be worthwile, the delta between Ryan's value and Krejci's value would have to exceed the full value of any other player that can be had without touching our core (which is rediculous).  Especially when you consider Krejci's contract, the strides he has made from core strength and defensive responsibility standpoints, and his point total despite the up/down play of his wingers

True, but sometimes you trade talent from your surplus to gain talent where you are weaker. That doesn't make the Ryan for Krejci trade make any more sense but just a general point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Perhaps Brad boyes would welcome a homecoming to Boston as many of us hated to see him traded after he and Bergie had played so well together. He could replace Horton or fill out an improved 3rd line. PC seems to have prior dealings with the Islanders, and both Boyes and Streit would fill in well in Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from connbruins. Show connbruins's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment: Agreed. What's the benefit of significant cap space if you're only trading comparable talent?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Perhaps Brad boyes would welcome a homecoming to Boston as many of us hated to see him traded after he and Bergie had played so well together. He could replace Horton or fill out an improved 3rd line. PC seems to have prior dealings with the Islanders, and both Boyes and Streit would fill in well in Boston.

I think a deal for Boyes is the sort of thing that can happen unless the Islanders ask for somehting stupid in return. Ryan Whitney is another more realistic deal. 2 ankles under the knife in the past 2 years has hindered his game a bit but he's still good. Clowe shouldn't cost too much but I hope that doesn't happen.