Bobby Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bobby Ryan

I know its been bantered about in yrs past but speculation has the Ducks making a major move trading Ryan or Getz to the East.  Zero chance Getz gets dealt.  I can see Ryan getting dealt however.  I have always loved Ryans game and he is a pure goal scorer and young. 
    My proposal:
    DK/Hamilton for Ryan.

I know about not messing with a good thing but Ryan is a consistant scorer.   I know the Bergie/Seguin/Marchand line has been flying.  But imagine inserting DK into a slot with Seguin and and Marchand.  Then running a second line of Bergie with Lucic/Horton.

I really dont believe we will re-up on DK with the strength we have down the middle.  DK would fit perfect behnd Getz line. 

Anyway.  Just a thought to be thrown around. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Bobby Ryan

I like the idea shupe, just think DK and DH is a little steep of a price to pay. 

Like Krejci, Ryan is off to a pretty lousy start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That is a good fit for both but including Hamilton I would say no. Chiarelli now has choices from Sauve, Caron, Knight, Spooner and KoKo (can't keep all of them Chowdah sorry) to include but if PC included one of those prospects I would want a defensman prospect back from Anaheim, not a high end prospect but a Boychuk/McQuaid you can develop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls, I find it weird that we have been agreeing lately.  I think I like it better when you call me a troll.
    Dk for Ryan wouldnt match up.  The one fwd that is very tradeable(is that a word) would be DK.  Hamilton has lots of potential for sure but in order to land Ryan who is a solid lock  for 30 every year you must give more than DK in a contract year. 

Ryan would look saaaweeet in a Bruins Jersey and would give us a natural goal scorer.  He is also a PP monster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan:
    That is a good fit for both but including Hamilton I would say no. Chiarelli now has choices from Sauve, Caron, Knight, Spooner and KoKo (can't keep all of them Chowdah sorry) to include but if PC included one of those prospects I would want a defensman prospect back from Anaheim, not a high end prospect but a Boychuk/McQuaid you can develop.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Andy Welinski or Mat Clark would fit that bill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not in the trade Krejci camp at all, but if the return were to be Bobby Ryan I would have to take a hard look at it.  I don't think Hamilton needs to be a part of the deal.  I'd rather give up Knight and a 3rd round pick, or something like that.  The Bruins blueline is a desperate need of young talent in the coming years.  We need Hamilton too much.

Interesting deal though.  I love Ryan's game, slow start or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm not in the trade Krejci camp at all, but if the return were to be Bobby Ryan I would have to take a hard look at it.  I don't think Hamilton needs to be a part of the deal.  I'd rather give up Knight and a 3rd round pick, or something like that.  The Bruins blueline is a desperate need of young talent in the coming years.  We need Hamilton too much. Interesting deal though.  I love Ryan's game, slow start or not.
    Posted by Fletcher1

The problem here Fletch is so does the Ducks.  Their defense needs a boost in a large way.  I really think Hamilton is gonna be a good one.  But I really like Ryans game as well.  Our PP would get a huge upgrade

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm with Fletch on this one. No way Hamilton should be part of this. The B's have far too many other prospects to offer, but as with the B's, The Ducks are dead in the back end as far as prospects go. Hate to burst your bubble Shupe, but I think Ryan will end up in Nashville for maybe an Erat or a  Hornvist & a Ryan Ellis.

The ONLY way I would think about giving up Hamilton is if PC made it certain he got Suter on July 1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : The problem here Fletch is so does the Ducks.  Their defense needs a boost in a large way.  I really think Hamilton is gonna be a good one.  But I really like Ryans game as well.  Our PP would get a huge upgrade
    Posted by shuperman

I know, but I would just rather walk away than overpay.  I think Krejci and Hamilton is overpaying.  The Bruins should be perfectly happy to keep Krejci in town unless something really good comes along.  I know the Ducks are thin on the blueline, but that isn't our problem and Hamilton is just too promising to throw into the deal, IMO. 

If Krejci, Knight and a 3rd gets the deal done, than that is good enough for me.  Otherwise, we're stuck with keeping the leading scorer in last year's playoffs around a little longer.  I love bargaining from a position of strength.  We know our current roster is good enough to win a Cup, they know theirs probably isn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : I know, but I would just rather walk away than overpay.  I think Krejci and Hamilton is overpaying.  The Bruins should be perfectly happy to keep Krejci in town unless something really good comes along.  I know the Ducks are thin on the blueline, but that isn't our problem and Hamilton is just too promising to throw into the deal, IMO.  If Krejci, Knight and a 3rd gets the deal done, than that is good enough for me.  Otherwise, we're stuck with keeping the leading scorer in last year's playoffs around a little longer.  I love bargaining from a position of strength.  We know our current roster is good enough to win a Cup, they know theirs probably isn't.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Just spitballing, but Krejci and Kampfer? For Ryan and Clark?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I'd say no to trading either for Ryan, who I do like as a hockey player. 

I'd rather deal Krejci at the draft to move up and get another high-end D-prospect to go along with Hamilton for the future. This team is no where without Chara and he won't last forever. Hamilton and one of the many highly-touted blueline prospects will ease the transition.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : I know, but I would just rather walk away than overpay.  I think Krejci and Hamilton is overpaying.  The Bruins should be perfectly happy to keep Krejci in town unless something really good comes along.  I know the Ducks are thin on the blueline, but that isn't our problem and Hamilton is just too promising to throw into the deal, IMO.  If Krejci, Knight and a 3rd gets the deal done, than that is good enough for me.  Otherwise, we're stuck with keeping the leading scorer in last year's playoffs around a little longer.  I love bargaining from a position of strength.  We know our current roster is good enough to win a Cup, they know theirs probably isn't.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Me too. That's the sort of deal PC might offer if the Bruins were desperate for help after losing 11 of 12. As it stands, the exact opposite is true so he'd be dealing from a posititon of strength. I definitely like your proposal better than Shupertroll's.......I crack myself up.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Hamilton's the best d-man not presently with the big club....  and may already be better than some on it....

i'd hang on to him....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I would trade Krejci as part of a deal to get Ryan but I would not include Hamilton.  That may mean it is a non starter for the Ducks but I would be willing to trade Krejci, Kampfer and Knight for Ryan and Matt Clark.  Would you make the deal is the Ducks wanted Boychuk instead of Kampfer?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'd say no to trading either for Ryan, who I do like as a hockey player.  I'd rather deal Krejci at the draft to move up and get another high-end D-prospect to go along with Hamilton for the future. This team is no where without Chara and he won't last forever. Hamilton and one of the many highly-touted blueline prospects will ease the transition.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I know what you're saying DC, but to give up a DK for a future is too risky. The B's need to keep doing what they're doing. If anything. If the B's are going to let DK go. I want them to get a Suter type on the backend. That way Hamilton has Chara to help him & then Suter can also help him. This will give the B's that added insurance of always having a go to d-man. Right now if Chara gets injured. The B's will be in big time trouble. And Chara plays through pain every season, so whats scarier is if he does go down with an injury it's going to be a very significate one. The more I think about this topic. The more I want PC to get some insurance NOW on the backend. I like Krejci & think he's very valueable to this team. But, right now I think they should maybe think about putting TS or Peverly at Center & not resign DK, Let Boychuk go & use the DK & Boychuk money to get a Suter type for the 4-5 mill range for 5 yrs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Hamilton might evolve into the next Bruin defensive kingpin so count me among those who'd prefer he not be included in any deals. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

First question to me is, why are the Ducks trading him? Contract reasons? Not scoring enough, or in need to backend help? Right now they need help in both areas. They are 48-71 Goals +-. Really bad. So they need help all over the place. Hillier is having a bad year, but the back up is pretty good, so I don't know if they are bad D-wise, or just bad goaltending. The list of Dmen doesn't look that good. Either too young or just middle of the road kind of guys. 
    It appears they need a stud D. Hamilton would fit the bill.

We know they need scoring too, (what team doesn't) but to give up a young, 35 goal man at 5.1mil is crazy. If you look at the list of their top paid players, he'd be the one that I'd get rid of too, if I had to. If they want to shed salary, and they are 13 mil over the floor, then he's the guy. He is having a bad year to date.

They are at 61mil, and the floor is 48mil, so Ownership might need to clear some room. They have a bunch of UFA next year. So it doesn't make sense that they need to clear now, since they have already done the budget for this year. 

I don't think the B's need him right now, and they will need a stud D in a couple of years, and Hamilton fits that bill, so unless they are planning on giving up some other D prospects, I would not make a trade. 

I'd take Selanne at the deadline for Kempfer. (if available)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would trade Krejci as part of a deal to get Ryan but I would not include Hamilton.  That may mean it is a non starter for the Ducks but I would be willing to trade Krejci, Kampfer and Knight for Ryan and Matt Clark.  Would you make the deal is the Ducks wanted Boychuk instead of Kampfer? Posted by huntbri

Yes and Spooner or KoKo instead of Knight as well...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think you're underestimating the league-wide opinion of Krejci. If a deal for Ryan isn't one for one, I wouldn't even look at it. No way I would include Hamilton in any trade with any team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think you're underestimating the league-wide opinion of Krejci. If a deal for Ryan isn't one for one, I wouldn't even look at it. No way I would include Hamilton in any trade with any team.
    Posted by OatesCam

Shupe is right in that DK is worth more when locked in long term like Ryan currently is. In a non-cap world, a 1 for 1 swap would make perfect sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hamilton might evolve into the next Bruin defensive kingpin so count me among those who'd prefer he not be included in any deals. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

I'm with you, RHO. Chara is 34. They can ill afford to trade their best D prospect.
    DK and any of the the forward prospects (and maybe a pick...or possibly Boychuck) and I'm interested. Seguin to Center has to happen sometime.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

This is way more realistic than Ovie getting moved, I could see Ryan getting moved for some help down the middle.

I dunno, that team has too much talent to be where they are right now, I just can't see them actually improving by trading Bobby Ryan, but with Selanne in his last season (maybe not?) something has to give.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Love Ryan and would deal Krejci and any defenseman or winger in the system for him but Hamilton has got to be off the table.I've only seen five of his games this year but that was enough for me,he is going to be outstanding and could well be an elite defenseman in the league for years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It depends on Krejci's new contract negotiation stance.  If the money is around 5K then I would rather let Seguin go on a slow development schedule as a number one center. The real question is Seguin ready to play center! I think so but one should be reminded he is 20.  Hamilton is a definite no.  Chowda can be best at determinate the prospect.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Shupe, you are not usually so far off base, but Hamilton will not be included in any deal. Right now, the Bruins are competitive with every line. I still don't like Pouliot over Caron, and there is less and less a need for a pugilist with so many Bruins being just as tough. Any trade, at this point should focus on defense to replace Kamfer or Boychuck who both have some strengths, but, also obvious weaknesses.

Sections
Shortcuts