Bobby Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Re: Bobby Ryan

Great post Bookboy, and I agree with you, but with a few caveats.

1. If the Bruins truly believe Seguin is their number 1 center of the future, and there is no reason not to, then Krejci is surplus. And he will be a year from now.

2. If the Bobby Ryan rumors are true, then I would think there is a unique opportunity there which Chiarelli and the B's staff could not have ever foreseen even two weeks ago. Krejci should command the compensation the B's got for Kessel, or something comparable. Bobby Ryan is a really good comparable.

3. Ryan's cap hit is quite reasonable at 5.1 for his skill level. If Krejci will command 5.5 to 6 mill in free agency, as some have suggested, then this deal makes sense from a long-term perspective. The B's have Peverley and Kelly as third line centers, and Krejci is not a third line center.

I admit, trading for Ryan is for me intriguing in the sense that, I don't really want to let go of Krejci, but if the rumors are true, it is such a unique opportunity for the Bruins to actually get like value in a trade. 

There must be something more though, either Murray is a complete idiot to trade Ryan (which I think for them is kind of crazy), or there is something more about Ryan, maybe a character thing, that is troublesome. Intriguing is the only word I can put on this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Now ask yourself two things: are you willing to give up Krejci for him, and do you think that offer is better than teams that are in desperate need of a Bobby Ryan?"

Who else can finish a cross ice pass like Seguin can on the Bruins ? Peverley, Kelly, Marchand, Bergeron, Horton ? Slow start has nothing to do with it the return does and as we know Murray won't take just draft picks he needs treasure. Krejci setting up Getzlaf and/or Perry maybe even Selanne...

Immediate gratification for Murray for one thing in getting Krejci in return as Bobby can't set up teammates like David. How many teams have depth at center like the Bruins ? or prospects who might not ever get into the Bruins lineup ? Does Tambellini need a winger or a Krejci like center to give them more depth ? Do these teams you say would be lined up first have the (Savard LTIR) cap room ?

Maybe E-Harmony Book but certainly entertaining to Chiarelli thinking of bumping Seguin up with Ryan and Lucic or Horton. Think of the top 2 line combos with Bobby. I can't shake my head cause I'm smiling thinking of Seguin along the boards, Lucic in the corners frightening skaters with Ryan third man high...

You quipped yourself "can PC re-sign Lucic, Thomas, Rask, Seguin and Krejci ?". I know where I would spend that $5M...a hundred goals over the past 3 seasons is where. I woudn't care if Ryan were from Chile, the Falkens or New Zealand LoL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bobby Ryan will end up with the Leafs and be re-united with Burkie.

A multi-player deal will involve non other than PHIL KESSEL going the other way.

Book it Dano!

Krejci ain't goin' anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan:
    [QUOTE]Bobby Ryan will end up with the Leafs and be re-united with Burkie. A multi-player deal will involve non other than PHIL KESSEL going the other way. Book it Dano! Krejci ain't goin' anywhere.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    I'm willing to put money on this quote from you. I think DK could end up helping the B's future by moving him while he still is an RFA. If they re-up him & his numbers continue to spiral. They lose that leverage. I like DK & I'm not to going to kick & scream if they decide to keep him. However, in order for PC to get out of another Kaberle mess. (see article of PC saying he hated parting with Colbourne) He has a trump card to actually get what the B's are missing the most at this time.

A # 2, or a 1A d-man. DK fits Nashville's mold & need & Suter fits Boston's even more. I think PC is, has, or will be contacting David Poile about a deal for Suter. It's the most pressing need the B's have right now. When you're scoring goals as the way the B's have without you're...well #1, or 1a centerman only on pace to get 42 points this season. And you're 3rd line center is tied for 3rd on the team for points. Well, I think you can fill in the blanks as to where I'm going. DK is an even better bargining chip then Kessel was. Not saying that Suter is as rich as getting Seguin, but PC has a Stanley Cup winning center who led the league in play-off scoring. Has shown his play-off performances have always been great. With Suter a UFA & Weber only having a yr left. There's NO WAY Poile is going to be able to keep them both. And Poile would be crazy to not listen to PC if he's offering DK for Suter.

And with Ryan Ellis waiting in the wings. Poile can afford to let Suter, or maybe even a Weber go. Can you imagine the strength of Boston's back end with Chara/Weber, Chara/Suter & a Dougie Hamilton not too far off in joining this club. PC I think has a great chance to keep this Bruins team very scary for quite a few years. He's got to play the DK card soon though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Aw, nite, really?  You think Ryan Ellis is going to push Suter or Weber out the door?  I'll be impressed if Ellis manages to play the same kind of role Kaberle played in Boston - third pairing 5 on 5, first PP.  Weber and Suter are top pairing guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]SanDog, can you teach me that *shakes head* move? Do the Bruins need Bobby Ryan?  That has to be your first question because yes, Ryan is a good player and yes, he's a goal scorer first, and yes he's young and yes he's American.  There are a lot of reasons to like Bobby Ryan, but liking him isn't the same as needing him on a team that is already second overall in goals per game.  If the only thing he is is an incremental improvement over the guys you have now, then you don't have much reason to deal for him because the risk is that he won't be the same player in this lineup as he is in Anaheim - we see that all the time. If for some reason you think Ryan is a must have player who makes the Bruins significantly better, fine.  Krejci's not a bad offer for Anaheim's needs.  They have one line.  Koivu would have Shawn Thornton numbers if Selanne wasn't picking up his slack.  The only place they have depth is on right wing with Perry, Ryan and Selanne all nominally RWs.  They would be a better team with Getzlaf, Krejci and Koivu down the middle, and maybe they give Kyle Palmieri or Dan Sexton a look. Now ask yourself two things: are you willing to give up Krejci for him, and do you think that offer is better than teams that are in desperate need of a Bobby Ryan?  Unless MO'C is running the Ducks, they'll probably shop him around for a deal they like.  I have to think there would be some kind of bidding on Ryan if he were truly available, and I have to think the Ducks would want a young top six player + in return. Say what you will about Krejci's start - let me start: he's been disappointing - all he's done in Boston is win.  When he's healthy, they win a whole lot more than when he's not.  In the playoffs two years ago, losing Krejci led to the swan dive vs. the Flyers.  Last year, he led the league in playoff scoring.  Three years ago, saddled with Ryder and Wheeler on the second/third line, he still managed eight points in 11 games even if the Bruins blew the Carolina series.  The Bruins haven't missed the playoffs since he became a regular.  Bobby Ryan's playoff success totals making it to the second round one year and getting swept last year. Let me sum all that up: Bobby Ryan's a great player, but this isn't collecting hockey cards.  Krejci for Ryan makes very little sense for the Bruins.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

umm.... i really disagree with a lot of what you posted. If the Bruins could get Ryan for Krecji, I would take it in a heartbeat.... Comparing Krejci/ryan to Thornton/Sturm+Primeau+Stuart is kinda laughable, especially after you say 3 sentences earlier that Krejci would be a good straight up trade for ryan.

Comparing his post-season success is also a joke. Anyone who watched the 1st line of anaheim play 25+ minutes for multiple series in the playoffs a few years ago realizes 1) they had NO depth 2) the 1st line was frikin amazing for making it that far with so little depth

additionally, Bobby ryan was the #2 overall pick.... CLEARLY he has the pedigree (even though wow that was a weak draft.)

Krejci is a slow it down fascilator that can almost never take over a play on his own. Bergeron and Seguin can take over a play on their own. So that right there makes Krejci the 3rd best center on this team, not to mention his mediocrity in the defensive end compared to Bergeron, and his mediocrity in the offensive end compared to Seguin.

Krejci is SLOW.  His feet seem to almost be slowly moving, and he regularly sits back and waits for his linemates to create space for him rather than bust his as$ himself. I dunnno, I think Krejci is nice, but he's over-rated. The thing is with Krejci is he occupies the #1 center position too; tell me what Krejci can do that Seguin can not do.

Lucic - Seguin - Ryan
    Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
    Peverly - Kelly - Scrub
    4th line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : umm.... i really disagree with a lot of what you posted. If the Bruins could get Ryan for Krecji, I would take it in a heartbeat.... Comparing Krejci/ryan to Thornton/Sturm+Primeau+Stuart is kinda laughable, especially after you say 3 sentences earlier that Krejci would be a good straight up trade for ryan. Comparing his post-season success is also a joke. Anyone who watched the 1st line of anaheim play 25+ minutes for multiple series in the playoffs a few years ago realizes 1) they had NO depth 2) the 1st line was frikin amazing for making it that far with so little depth additionally, Bobby ryan was the #2 overall pick.... CLEARLY he has the pedigree (even though wow that was a weak draft.) Krejci is a slow it down fascilator that can almost never take over a play on his own. Bergeron and Seguin can take over a play on their own. So that right there makes Krejci the 3rd best center on this team, not to mention his mediocrity in the defensive end compared to Bergeron, and his mediocrity in the offensive end compared to Seguin. Krejci is SLOW.  His feet seem to almost be slowly moving, and he regularly sits back and waits for his linemates to create space for him rather than bust his as$ himself. I dunnno, I think Krejci is nice, but he's over-rated. The thing is with Krejci is he occupies the #1 center position too; tell me what Krejci can do that Seguin can not do. Lucic - Seguin - Ryan Marchand - Bergeron - Horton Peverly - Kelly - Scrub 4th line.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

krejci is WAY better in the corners, and below the goal line

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : I'm willing to put money on this quote from you. I think DK could end up helping the B's future by moving him while he still is an RFA. If they re-up him & his numbers continue to spiral. They lose that leverage. I like DK & I'm not to going to kick & scream if they decide to keep him. However, in order for PC to get out of another Kaberle mess. (see article of PC saying he hated parting with Colbourne) He has a trump card to actually get what the B's are missing the most at this time. A # 2, or a 1A d-man. DK fits Nashville's mold & need & Suter fits Boston's even more. 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Although I agree that moving Krejci is a viable option, it won't be for a 1A defensemen, in my opinion. Dougie Hamilton is your 1a defensemen, period. He is one or two years away, the B's are defending Stanley Cup champions and they can afford his development in the interim. He will be a stud, one that they've developed, which is big. Also, he will be cheaper than a Suter or Weber. Dougie Hamilton is the D-man that makes most sense on this team, that is why I don't see the B's trading Krejci for one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Olsonic, slow down - you're making some odd leaps in what I wrote.  I didn't compare this deal to the Thornton deal in terms of the players going one way or the other, I said that Ryan will be shopped widely (unlike Thornton) and the Ducks will have some enticing offers.  The post was already a novel, so I didn't get into it, but I imagine that a team with no depth will be looking at fixes in more than one position.  Krejci is a great fit as their #2C, but there may be other teams willing to part with a #2C plus other assets, and most of the posts above were trying to hold the line at Krejci (or McQuaid and Hamill). 

My point about Ryan's playoff experience wasn't about his production.  It's a common point that players need to experience the rigours of the playoffs to learn what it takes to win.  He's never done that.  And I think he's the third best player on their one good line.

You can criticize the how of Krejci's game all you want, but two years in a row he has been much more dynamic in the playoffs than in the regular season.  All I'm saying is that you're dealing a guy who had been critical to your playoff success for two straight years - it was clear once when he was lost and once when he was healthy through the Cup run - for a guy who is a very talented player but whose playoff resume is too thin to know if you're getting equal value in terms of playoff performance.  And he's a guy the team doesn't really need. 

That would be the last distinction I need to make - it's clear the Bruins have three players who are no less than top 2 Cs, so they have a surplus from which they could deal to improve the team.  I don't think the potential bump of few goals Ryan might provide is worth the risk of finding out that Krejci was vital to the four line chemistry of the team - particularly if it take Ryan time to find chemistry with his new linemates.  And I don't think you'd get him for just Krejci.  I could see them wanting McQuaid or Boychuk too, and as much as people are down on JB, the prospect of the Bruins have Kampfer as a regular and being one injury away from relying on Bartkowski or Cohen or Warsofsky?  Bye stanley, it's been a good year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"It's a common point that players need to experience the rigours of the playoffs to learn what it takes to win.  He's never done that. "

Good point but Horton did not have any problems.

"I don't think the potential bump of few goals Ryan might provide is worth the risk of finding out that Krejci was vital to the four line chemistry of the team - particularly if it take Ryan time to find chemistry with his new linemates."

Another good point but the 3rd line has been producing along with line 1A that would give time for Julien to find where Ryan and Horton would fit. With Bergeron-Marchand or with Seguin-Lucic.

I still go back to the instant gratification Murray gets when he has Krejci in return. I agree the tough part would be whom Chiarelli would part with. If it's another center ok but if it's a defenseman very tough call as Providence's defense is pitiful.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Olsonic, Krejci is SLOW???

He may not be the fastest skater out there, but he can motor when the occasion calls for it.

He game is not speed, anyway. His game is to command the puck, observe and invent. There are few Centres that do that as well as him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

What about Horton, Hamilton and a 2nd rounder as being discused on NAS favorite site?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Olsonic, slow down - you're making some odd leaps in what I wrote.  I didn't compare this deal to the Thornton deal in terms of the players going one way or the other, I said that Ryan will be shopped widely (unlike Thornton) and the Ducks will have some enticing offers.  The post was already a novel, so I didn't get into it, but I imagine that a team with no depth will be looking at fixes in more than one position.  Krejci is a great fit as their #2C, but there may be other teams willing to part with a #2C plus other assets, and most of the posts above were trying to hold the line at Krejci (or McQuaid and Hamill).  My point about Ryan's playoff experience wasn't about his production.  It's a common point that players need to experience the rigours of the playoffs to learn what it takes to win.  He's never done that.  And I think he's the third best player on their one good line. You can criticize the how of Krejci's game all you want, but two years in a row he has been much more dynamic in the playoffs than in the regular season.  All I'm saying is that you're dealing a guy who had been critical to your playoff success for two straight years - it was clear once when he was lost and once when he was healthy through the Cup run - for a guy who is a very talented player but whose playoff resume is too thin to know if you're getting equal value in terms of playoff performance.  And he's a guy the team doesn't really need.  That would be the last distinction I need to make - it's clear the Bruins have three players who are no less than top 2 Cs, so they have a surplus from which they could deal to improve the team.  I don't think the potential bump of few goals Ryan might provide is worth the risk of finding out that Krejci was vital to the four line chemistry of the team - particularly if it take Ryan time to find chemistry with his new linemates.  And I don't think you'd get him for just Krejci.  I could see them wanting McQuaid or Boychuk too, and as much as people are down on JB, the prospect of the Bruins have Kampfer as a regular and being one injury away from relying on Bartkowski or Cohen or Warsofsky?  Bye stanley, it's been a good year.

ahhh

very fair points.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Olsonic, Krejci is SLOW??? He may not be the fastest skater out there, but he can motor when the occasion calls for it. He game is not speed, anyway. His game is to command the puck, observe and invent. There are few Centres that do that as well as him.

I mean, he may actually have massive twin engine jets, but he doesn't bring them on the ice very often. I understand that it isn't is game, but I do think it's a weakness relative to other #1 centers who either have 1) more size 22) more speed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : ahhh very fair points.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  There are others who I would have called names, but I figured we were just missing the connection.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Olsonic, Krejci is SLOW??? He may not be the fastest skater out there, but he can motor when the occasion calls for it. He game is not speed, anyway. His game is to command the puck, observe and invent. There are few Centres that do that as well as him.
    IMO Krejci creates more when he is going full speed. He has the hands but he needs to go fullspeed more. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]What about Horton, Hamilton and a 2nd rounder as being discused on NAS favorite site?
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

no. absolutely not. although value wise it would be a fantastic trade, it makes no sense to do ryan for hamilton straight up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Aw, nite, really?  You think Ryan Ellis is going to push Suter or Weber out the door?  I'll be impressed if Ellis manages to play the same kind of role Kaberle played in Boston - third pairing 5 on 5, first PP.  Weber and Suter are top pairing guys.
    The Preds need more goals without hurting the Preds style of play. DK fits that mold. I think Ryan Ellis will be a top 3. I never said Ellis would push anyone out. I said that Poile has Ellis in the wings. I said if PC is going to move DK & I'd much rather have PC go after a Suter than a Ryan! And since centermen is what the B's still have an abundance of; DK is the most valuable to get a Suter type to help Chara & Hamilton. Nashville has two #1 d-men on their roster where they could possibly lose one of them for NOTHING on July 1. Then there's that possibilty they could lose the other a year later. Poile has said that he thinks that Ellis will be a top 3. I respect you Book & your one of the most knowledgable posters on here, but I'll take Poile's word over yours at this time, unless you can prove to me you're Scotty Bowman.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : no. absolutely not. although value wise it would be a fantastic trade, it makes no sense to do ryan for hamilton straight up.
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

Dougie is a prospect.  Ryan a 30 goal guy.  Who excels on the PP.  I don't want to toss quality prospects especially dmen but Ryan is a keeper. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : Dougie is a prospect.  Ryan a 30 goal guy.  Who excels on the PP.  I don't want to toss quality prospects especially dmen but Ryan is a keeper. 
    Shupe I'm with you & I agree. Ryan could be a nice added piece, but he's not a pressing piece. Another top minutes d-man is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

shupe, i already stated that ryan has more value than hamilton but it makes no sense for the bruins. they have great forward depth but lack depth in the organization at D

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Bobby Ryan:
    [QUOTE]I know its been bantered about in yrs past but speculation has the Ducks making a major move trading Ryan or Getz to the East.  Zero chance Getz gets dealt.  I can see Ryan getting dealt however.  I have always loved Ryans game and he is a pure goal scorer and young.  My proposal: DK/Hamilton for Ryan. I know about not messing with a good thing but Ryan is a consistant scorer.   I know the Bergie/Seguin/Marchand line has been flying.  But imagine inserting DK into a slot with Seguin and and Marchand.  Then running a second line of Bergie with Lucic/Horton. I really dont believe we will re-up on DK with the strength we have down the middle.  DK would fit perfect behnd Getz line.  Anyway.  Just a thought to be thrown around. 

Are you out of your mind ???    Even Krejci one on one for Ryan ..not sure if PC would do it ....

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TSN panel - Crawford said he wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for two young players who can play now plus a package of picks.  That's the bar.  Five teams suspected to be in it, and I wouldn't be the farm Nashville doesn't put Ryan Ellis's name on an offer.

nite, with all due to David Poile, I think Ryan Ellis could be a top 3 but not on a team that wil contend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Becuase Marc Crawford says that's the Bar ? K ready :shakehead:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

honestly, I think the coach goes 1st before a trade even though he just got an extension.
    I just hope Murray doesn't get fleeced by Burke again,  that Beauchemin trade for Gardener and Lupol was highway robbery.

Sections
Shortcuts