Bobby Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bobby Ryan

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bobby Ryan : Are you out of your mind ???    Even Krejci one on one for Ryan ..not sure if PC would do it .... Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Hmmm let me see.  3 straight yrs of 30 goals.  24 yrs old 6'2 209 and has scored 112 goals.  Speed size and a pure goal scorer.  Potential 500 goal guy at his current pace.  For a prospect and DK.  Yeah, you are right.  I am crazy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks the Rangers are going to overpay cause Larry Brooks said they wouldn't have too...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Anaheim already behind to the Habs. Beauchemin with a turnover.
    They lose here I can't see Carlyle still behind the bench.   Then we'll see if Ryan will be shopped.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Anaheim already behind to the Habs. Beauchemin with a turnover. They lose here I can't see Carlyle still behind the bench.   Then we'll see if Ryan will be shopped.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I used to love watching the Ducks b/c of that line.  Getz seems to lost his edge.  Ryan is off to a slow start.  I agree that the coach is toast and will be followed by a Ryan trade that will likely be a large haul.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Shupe me also. Getzlaf looked un-stoppable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Me thinks the Rangers are going to overpay cause Larry Brooks said they wouldn't have too...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Girardi/Dubi 1st rounder?  I really dislike the rangers.  well i like Prust and Callahan. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : I used to love watching the Ducks b/c of that line.  Getz seems to lost his edge.  Ryan is off to a slow start.  I agree that the coach is toast and will be followed by a Ryan trade that will likely be a large haul.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

you really think he'll be traded ?  why him ? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

speak of the devil, Getzlaf scores with 18secs left in the 1st.
    He hadn't scored in his last 15 games !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : you really think he'll be traded ?  why him ? 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Just going on the mass speculation.  I wouldnt if I were the Ducks.  He is a keeper.  Unless they get an offer they cant refuse.  They currently have 4 million in cap space and lots coming off the books.  I wouldnt trade him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : Just going on the mass speculation.  I wouldnt if I were the Ducks.  He is a keeper.  Unless they get an offer they cant refuse.  They currently have 4 million in cap space and lots coming off the books.  I wouldnt trade him. 

-He' s a good team player
    -3years 100 goals
    -Nicest goal of the playoffs last season

Yes he's a keeper !  How do they patchup that hole ? 
    Teams want him but all they want to offer is draft picks and prospects.

Like Vancouver wants him ....  really ??  well what can they offer ?  not like their 1st rounder will be a high pick.

I think Nashville have a D too many they can offer but don't know where they stand on prospects .  Their pick won't be that good either but worth putting into a package.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : Hmmm let me see.  3 straight yrs of 30 goals.  24 yrs old 6'2 209 and has scored 112 goals.  Speed size and a pure goal scorer.  Potential 500 goal guy at his current pace.  For a prospect and DK.  Yeah, you are right.  I am crazy.

shupe. valuewise, it looks relatively even, but long term that does not make the bruins a better team. they would be trading from a position of weakness to bolster a position o strength. that doesn't improve an organization long term. Right now the bruins have the most goals per game in the league, we don't need to mortgage the future of our blue line for a forward. now if you wanted to trade a forward prospect or two for a D man, now thats a different story

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]TSN panel - Crawford said he wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for two young players who can play now plus a package of picks.  That's the bar.  Five teams suspected to be in it, and I wouldn't be the farm Nashville doesn't put Ryan Ellis's name on an offer. nite, with all due to David Poile, I think Ryan Ellis could be a top 3 but not on a team that wil contend.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    We'll see! The guy has dominated against the best the world in his last 2 yrs at the WJC's. I think you're under estimating the kid. Small, or not!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : shupe. valuewise, it looks relatively even, but long term that does not make the bruins a better team. they would be trading from a position of weakness to bolster a position o strength. that doesn't improve an organization long term. Right now the bruins have the most goals per game in the league, we don't need to mortgage the future of our blue line for a forward. now if you wanted to trade a forward prospect or two for a D man, now thats a different story
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    HUH? DK is a Center. That's the B's weakness? "IIIIINHALLLLEEEE, ERE!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : HUH? DK is a Center. That's the B's weakness? "IIIIINHALLLLEEEE, ERE!"
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

no no no, this is going back to me saying that i wouldn't do the trade if it involves hamilton. position of weakness is young D. position of strength is forward (we have tons of depth is that department) sorry for the confusion 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : Girardi/Dubi 1st rounder?  I really dislike the rangers.  well i like Prust and Callahan. 

When hasn't Slats over paid ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : We'll see! The guy has dominated against the best the world in his last 2 yrs at the WJC's. I think you're under estimating the kid. Small, or not!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Maybe.  There have been plenty of other players who've looked like world beaters at the WJHC only to have average careers as pros.  I got to a few of the WJHC games where Filatov was the centrepiece of the Russian attack, and you'd have thought they had dropped an NHL All-Star into a pee-wee game at times.  If his teammates had been able to get him the puck all the times he managed to jump into free space with no one between him and the goalie, he'd have blown the tournament scoring records away.  

Ellis's success will hinge on whether he can produce points or not.  If he can, his regular role will depend on whether he can handle the Lucic's and Bertuzzis and Chris Stewart's of the world down near the net.  That's where I have my doubts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TSN was just gushing about Ryan being available.  They had five teams or so that would likely be in the mix including the Leafs and the Predators.  I could see the Predators beginning a deal with a choice of Blum or Ellis, plus Erat or Wilson, plus picks.  And I could see the Leafs putting Kadri and Colborne on the table along with maybe even Schenn - only so many years in a row the guy can start slow before the bloom is off, even when the GM quite publicly said he would trade Schenn for the right to get Tavares.

OT: How happy do you think Burke is that that little powerplay for Tavares - a gutting to rival the Ricky Williams draft trade - didn't happen?  Tavares hasn't made the Islanders much better, and the Laffs (always the Laffs) are looking like they might have turned the corner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

At the moment the Bruins have Lucic and Horton are two power forwards. Looch and Horton are basically doing that job. Personally I will say no thanx to Ryan. November was a great month for the team and all players are geling togehter month of december will be another interesting month.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan:[QUOTE]TSN was just gushing about Ryan being available.  They had five teams or so that would likely be in the mix including the Leafs and the Predators.  I could see the Predators beginning a deal with a choice of Blum or Ellis, plus Erat or Wilson, plus picks.  And I could see the Leafs putting Kadri and Colborne on the table along with maybe even Schenn - only so many years in a row the guy can start slow before the bloom is off, even when the GM quite publicly said he would trade Schenn for the right to get Tavares.

If Murray pushes that to GMs like Poile or someone like PC me thinks the convo gets real short I feel that's allot. Now Burke or Slats yah they would over pay, I just don't think Brian has enough he has no "Krejci" type.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : If Murray pushes that to GMs like Poile or someone like PC me thinks the convo gets real short I feel that's allot. Now Burke or Slats yah they would over pay, I just don't think Brian has enough he has no "Krejci" type.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Correct,  the only real team that could make an offer and give something in return is Nashville (I think Bruins are not in the running and PC maybe only inquired). 
    Why would the Ducks want Kadri ?  He'll never be as good as someone like Krejci.  Colbourne ? wow pretty non-existent last night !  Really was not impressed with his skating and overall skill.
    I'm happy Boudreau got a new gig right away. Anaheim's stars are willing to play a Boudreau type game. I'm not too sure Boudreau will want Ryan gone now .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I hear the Habs are willing to trade a 3rd rounder, a bag of pucks, Gomez, and Darche. I think they can get it done.

I actually saw on TSN that some leafs fans think Komisarek and Kumelin can get it done as well.

A lot of Vancouver fans think Luongo and a pick.

I didn't know Nitrous Oxide was legal in Canada.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : no no no, this is going back to me saying that i wouldn't do the trade if it involves hamilton. position of weakness is young D. position of strength is forward (we have tons of depth is that department) sorry for the confusion 
    LOL! Ok good you did a Bill Clinton & didn't inhale. All good now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

One thing i know is that altho deep at center, the Bs cannot afford to trade DK. That would mean seguin steps up to center who imo isnt ready for a 1..2 center role and theres no one else on 3 or 4 that can play the 1 or 2 role and there really isnt anyone in the monors. The only exception would be peverly but not much of a play maker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : Maybe.  There have been plenty of other players who've looked like world beaters at the WJHC only to have average careers as pros.  I got to a few of the WJHC games where Filatov was the centrepiece of the Russian attack, and you'd have thought they had dropped an NHL All-Star into a pee-wee game at times.  If his teammates had been able to get him the puck all the times he managed to jump into free space with no one between him and the goalie, he'd have blown the tournament scoring records away.   Ellis's success will hinge on whether he can produce points or not.  If he can, his regular role will depend on whether he can handle the Lucic's and Bertuzzis and Chris Stewart's of the world down near the net.  That's where I have my doubts.
    Oh I think Ellis will have a heck of a time when his team is hemmed in. I'm not worried about him getting cranked anymore than anyone else. They all hurt nowadays. Ellis' asset is on the PP & his transition game. Where I think he could end up being a Brian Campbell type, but an even better skater & shot! For a small kid his shot is incredible! And unlike Wideman. He has a real knack of getting it through.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : shupe. valuewise, it looks relatively even, but long term that does not make the bruins a better team. they would be trading from a position of weakness to bolster a position o strength. that doesn't improve an organization long term. Right now the bruins have the most goals per game in the league, we don't need to mortgage the future of our blue line for a forward. now if you wanted to trade a forward prospect or two for a D man, now thats a different story

I agree to an extent.  But a prospect is simply that.  Ryan is a proven goal scorer.  Has everything a power fwd needs.  His hands are magic and I am a big fan.  Im with you though in terms of the way this team is constructed,  and i love it.

Sections
Shortcuts