Bobby Ryan's Goal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Bobby Ryan's Goal

When you get a chance check out his goal in tonights game....never seen anything like it before.

Koivu drops his stick while in his own zone and as Ryan skates by rips his stick out of his hands...no call...the play continues and Ryan skates over and picks up Koivu stick (wrong handed for him of course) the play progresses and the puck backs it way to him back door and SCORE.....Koivu attempts to argue that he scored with an illegal stick...pretty funny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal : Besides lucic and tuukka.... there isnt a bruin i wouldnt get rid of to get ryan on this team
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]
    So you are saying that you would get rid of arguably the Bruins best player in Lucic?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Lucic for Ryan in a heartbeat

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal : So you are saying that you would get rid of arguably the Bruins best player in Lucic?
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

No... Lucic and Tuukka are the ONly two i wouldnt trade. I think these two are the bruins future for the next 10+ years.

If it were straight up Lucic for bobby ryan, i would be fired from the GM role if i didnt make that trade. Its just a personal preference to keep lucic around. for his entire career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Am I the only one that thinks Bobby Ryan is overrated?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal:[QUOTE]Am I the only one that thinks Bobby Ryan is overrated? Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Yes and Anaheim would never give him up for Lucic never!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

"No... Lucic and Tuukka are the ONly two i wouldnt trade. I think these two are the bruins future for the next 10+ years. If it were straight up Lucic for bobby ryan, i would be fired from the GM role if i didnt make that trade. Its just a personal preference to keep lucic around. for his entire career."

haha sorry read ur earlier post wrong and I agree but take horton and krejci out of the players that you would trade for him IMO.  Although you could make a case for them too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal : Yes and Anaheim would never give him up for Lucic never!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I gotta disagree, I think bobby ryan is certainly a better goal scorer (though lucic is leading right now), but lucic looks like he will prove to be capable, and anahiems got scorers, lucic would add a physical presence that a lot of the "west" teams dont really have.. I am not saying they definitely make the trade, but I think they certainly look at it..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only one that thinks Bobby Ryan is overrated?
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    Yes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

On the current team, the only players I WOULDNT trade for Ryan would be Lucic (although I think Ryan is going to have a FAR better career, and Im not a Lucic fanboy, I think Lucic will be a tougher player all around), Seguin, Horton, Chara (although Im not his biggest fan he is one of the toughest D-Men in the league) and Timmy.  Everyone else, including the almighty Tuukka (trying not to laugh here) would go in a HEARTBEAT for Bobby Ryan.  That kid is AWESOME!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal : I gotta disagree, I think bobby ryan is certainly a better goal scorer (though lucic is leading right now), but lucic looks like he will prove to be capable, and anahiems got scorers, lucic would add a physical presence that a lot of the "west" teams dont really have.. I am not saying they definitely make the trade, but I think they certainly look at it..Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Anahiem certainly would look at Ryan's two 30 goal seasons on his way to another 30 goal year then look at Lucic's goal totals, never achieved 20 in a season, then turn it down without blinking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

ya i agree it would def get turned down if you didnt add a mid first rounder

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wait a second, there is a penalty for "holding the stick" - which is when you hold an opponants stick.  That should have been called first of all. 
    Then secondly, it's a penalty to push a stick on the ice toward your team mate who doesn't have his stick - Marchand was called for that earlier this year against either the Panthers or Toronto, one of those 2.
    2 penalties missed on that play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just saw the replay... ??????????

That may be the weirdest goal I've ever seen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Bobby Ryan does not play any defense. He is offensive minded only. Therefore I wouldn't give up anyone on this team for him. He is a selfish player. You take Getzlaf away his production drops.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There isn't one player on Boston that I wouldn't trade for Ryan straight up.  The guy has everything we're crying for after most games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Wait a second, there is a penalty for "holding the stick" - which is when you hold an opponants stick.  That should have been called first of all.  Then secondly, it's a penalty to push a stick on the ice toward your team mate who doesn't have his stick - Marchand was called for that earlier this year against either the Panthers or Toronto, one of those 2. 2 penalties missed on that play.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Penalty #3. You cannot play with another players stick unless it's from your own team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Im guessing that because Ryans stick was ripped from his hand and the opposing player pushed the stick to Ryan not Koivu they just decided to let them play.

IMO would've been way worse a F' up to miss those calls then callback the goal. Then it was just to let them play.

Oh and I would totally give up Krejci/Bergeron to get Ryan or another real 35 goal threat. It would do so much for the offense. I think if you had Ryan-Lucic as your top2 wingers and Horton on the 2nd line. Horton would score alot more as he wouldnt constantly have the opposing teams matching up against him. They'd have to worry about Ryan too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

Krejci?

n Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal:

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan's Goal : No... Lucic and Tuukka are the ONly two i wouldnt trade. I think these two are the bruins future for the next 10+ years. If it were straight up Lucic for bobby ryan, i would be fired from the GM role if i didnt make that trade. Its just a personal preference to keep lucic around. for his entire career.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think as far as "penalties" this is being over analyzed.. The D man was not pushing the stick to a player, he was pushing it to the side so it was not in front of the net, happens all the time..

Also, can't push a stick away from an opponent is a rule, never heard you can't push a stick to a team mate, d men give a stick to a goalie all the time, wings to a d man etc..

I would guess the ref's missed ryan scoring with an opponents stick, and thats really all there is to it..

Sandog, I still think your making to light of lucic's contributions, ryan is clearly a better scorer, but lucic is producing at a high rate, with a better physical game, and a lower cap hit, I think most teams would look at a trade involving him..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not making light of how good Lucic is as I appreciate his work and I'm a big fan however Bobby Ryan is a superior player at this point in his career than Milan is all Peace. It's got nothing to do with  Money mouth

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Not making light of how good Lucic is as I appreciate his work and I'm a big fan however Bobby Ryan is a superior player at this point in his career than Milan is all Peace. It's got nothing to do with 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I havent watched ryan much this year, but I am a big fan, I thought him, and Brown here two of the better players for the USA in the olympics..
    But looking at the numbers i think arguing one is superior would be hard, (careers sure, but you cant count last season on lucic, and his playoff numbers are great) I mean luc's got more goals, kessel's a better goals scorer then lucic right? Last I looked he's got 4 more then kessel...

Lucic's not an established scorer, but the shots good, the instincts are good, his game if he can consistantly score 30-40g's is extremely valuable..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

We aren't talking about Philaparazzi we're talking about Lucic and until he scores 30-40 goals with consistency his comparison to Ryan will not be considered by me. Ryan is coming up on his 3rd 30+ goal season Lucic is coming up on his first.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Sandog, thats fair, I agree, but i think the tools are there.. and in this particular instance i think anahiem looks at it (not that they do it) but they have goal scorers, and they play a game that lucic would fit, and would give them a player they dont have..

Detriot has no one like him, but I dont think he would fit into their style of play anyhow..

My thought is, they would look at a drop in production by one player, but adding an element they dont have is all. I think most teams would listen to anything the bruins had to say if lucic was involved..  I personally would love to add a player like ryan, but wouldn't want to do it at the cost of lucic, I think as he gets better at scoring those goals in the dirty area's his value will only go up.. big guys take longer to develop, so hes just getting there.. Ryans got size, but thats not his game..