Bogosian gets 7 years, 36 million.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Bogosian gets 7 years, 36 million.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Is Winnipeg ownership paying off an arena lone ?

The reason I ask is it seems like they just sign thier young players they've developed (which is what you want) but don't dip into free agency that freely. That usually points to money tied up in the loan to pay off for the purchase of the team or an arena.

As far as the cotract real good for the Jets. If Bogosian lives up to his potential and explodes he misses out on some more money. It gives both sides a real comfort level, he looks like he's going to be good for awhile in my eyes.

No the rink is paid for, and the only outstanding debt left is on the team purchase, which is being paid for through an agreement with the Province on slot machine money at the rink (in Canada slots are owned by the government and the revenue is negotiated with the property owner - Jets get 5.5 million a year from he slots that they have.) There may be additional debt I'm unaware of, but it is not arena related.

The reason for the lack of UFA's is Chevy has stated that he avoids them as much as possible, due to overpayment. Chipman and Thomson have said that they're fine with the Jets being a cap team. Chevy has said if they're going to be a cap team then it's because his players earned raises.He's very UFA market opposed. Hopefully the straegy will work, but we'll wait and see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

The reason for the lack of UFA's is Chevy has stated that he avoids them as much as possible, due to overpayment. Chipman and Thomson have said that they're fine with the Jets being a cap team. Chevy has said if they're going to be a cap team then it's because his players earned raises.He's very UFA market opposed. Hopefully the straegy will work, but we'll wait and see.

Another factor may be the extra dough that would be needed to get guys to move to Nowhereville.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They need the extra cash for parkas and mukluks.

Are you not entertained?!?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

NAS, do you think my 2nd last post was off the mark?   Do you think osgood is a HOF goalie, do you think that the goalies i mentioned are in perfect systems to enhance these stats?  Do you think Semin is worth 7m?   

Im always off the mark.   You new?  Do i need a 16000 post rule?  Haha.  

I think recently, the last decade for example illustrates that you dont need a top 3 goalie to win the cup.  in the last 10 yrs what goalie that has won the cup dominates?   And if you can find one please tell me where they are now.  

Funny stuff!

I don't think you need a top goalie to win the Cup, but it is helpful.  You don't need a top defenseman to win a Cup, but it's helpful.  Carolina won with Cam Ward and Glen Wesley.  Pittsburgh did it with Orpik/Gonchar and MA Fleury.  Tampa had Kubina/Boyle and Khabibulin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

The problem with paying for potential is when the cap hit is so hi and the production is not there yet, you have a problem simular to what the Bruins where facing with Seguin.

I wounder if Seguin had a lower cap hit if the Bruins would have been more patient and not traded him at such a young age?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"agreement with the Province on slot machine money at the rink (in Canada slots are owned by the government and the revenue is negotiated with the property owner - Jets get 5.5 million a year from he slots that they have."

That is very interesting

PS. Loan not Lone...good grief!