Bolts Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

Bolts Offense

Every where I look (espn, tsn, nhl.com) all i see is how offensively deep and talented Tamps Bay is.  But, didnt we just go thru all of that in the Flyers series, and Id say our D did a pretty damn good job of containing them.  Is the Bolts O really that much better than Phillies?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bolts Offense

In Response to Bolts Offense:
    Every where I look (espn, tsn, nhl.com) all i see is how offensively deep and talented Tamps Bay is.  But, didnt we just go thru all of that in the Flyers series, and Id say our D did a pretty damn good job of containing them.  Is the Bolts O really that much better than Phillies?
    Posted by Billy-Chapel

No Billy,they aren't. What you are experiencing is the regular pre-series press about why Boston can't win against a much mightier opponent.By no means am I saying Boston will win easily but they've got a great shot at it. I think Tampa is better than the Habs or Flyers but they aren't as good as Boston......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

similiar to some of our own posters, these pundits will not believe the b's can do it, until they do it. the scariest team in the playoffs are the boston bruins. but most are reserved, considering their 39 year history. understandable. not me though, let's have a parade this summer!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If you consider that the Bs won the series 3 to 1 you would think it favours the Bs but, wasnt TB without V Lecavier and suntil the trade deadline they didnt have roloson. NowTB has 2 solid lines meaning we really need Bergeron in there. TB does not have the D we have so imo lines 2 and 3 must contribute offensively as well as defensevly. Roloson has always been a steady goaltender, can he hold up ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wait till Shup sees this thread he'll be on here taking on all challengers for days and telling everyone they need to join the Lightning fan club LoL!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The Bruins rolled the Flyers because every one on that team needed surgery.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's a crock, bim.  Maybe it made a difference between a sweep and a series, but there was nothing wrong with Coburn, Timonen, Briere, Giroux, etc. etc., and surgery isn't going to fix their goaltending unless you mean their third string goaltender.  Yes, Philly was injured, and you can't overstate how much impact Pronger might have had, but give the Bruins some credit.  They took it to Philly.

Love the karma of Richards needing wrist surgery of all things.  Wonder if he'll go to the same surgeon Krejci saw?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Tampas offense is coming from the transition game, which is off the wall right now. These guys are moving the puck back up ice faster than defensemen can keep up. This scares me a bit, but I am sure Claude knows this and has planned ways to clog lanes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

The Bruins will contain Tampa and take it to them.

Tampa had a much easier series than Boston. Regardless of the regular season standings

AT playoff time Philly and the Habs were much stronger opponents than Wash and Pit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't even think about denigrating Tampa Bay. They have some very good players, plus an innovative and very involved coach. The Bruins should have the horses to beat them, as we did during the season, but Rolly has made a huge difference. We do need Bergeron as soon as he is able, but the weakest parts, of the existing team, are Thornton, who should be replaced by Caron, and Slyder/Ryder, since they never know which player will show up. A fired up and committed Ryder can make a difference offensively; a more skilled Player in Caron can make a difference in all aspects of the game. I've been tooting this horn for quite some time, but, Claude will be Claude

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bolts Offense:
    That's a crock, bim.  Maybe it made a difference between a sweep and a series, but there was nothing wrong with Coburn, Timonen, Briere, Giroux, etc. etc., and surgery isn't going to fix their goaltending unless you mean their third string goaltender.  Yes, Philly was injured, and you can't overstate how much impact Pronger might have had, but give the Bruins some credit.  They took it to Philly. Love the karma of Richards needing wrist surgery of all things.  Wonder if he'll go to the same surgeon Krejci saw?
    Posted by Bookboy007

Spot on BB! Chara and TT needed surgery last year but no one stated that as the reason Philly came back. Lots of players suck it up and play through pain in the playoffs. Forgive us for not feeling sorry for the Flyers in their time of need. Boo-effin-hoo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

well said dez

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Don't even think about denigrating Tampa Bay. They have some very good players, plus an innovative and very involved coach. The Bruins should have the horses to beat them, as we did during the season, but Rolly has made a huge difference. We do need Bergeron as soon as he is able, but the weakest parts, of the existing team, are Thornton, who should be replaced by Caron, and Slyder/Ryder, since they never know which player will show up. A fired up and committed Ryder can make a difference offensively; a more skilled Player in Caron can make a difference in all aspects of the game. I've been tooting this horn for quite some time, but, Claude will be Claude
    Posted by bogie6

Bogie, don't you think it's a little difficult to use the "Claude will be Claude" argument given the fact we are in the final four?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

10 guys with double in goals.  I think we can match that aspect with depth.  I think what sets them apart is having a few world class stars.
    In no way in my previous posts did I try to state we don't have a chance.  I am giving our opponent a lot of credit for being a very good squad. 

I also stated it will be an excellent series and we have taken very similar paths.  I believe both teams will find out that this will be the best matchup to date.

I have no issue debating hockey back and forth.  Some on here think TBay had an easy road.  I personally believe ours was much easier.  Injuires are an excuse...we had ours and at the end of this year we will have guys going the surgery route as well. 

Can't wait.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Wait till Shup sees this thread he'll be on here taking on all challengers for days and telling everyone they need to join the Lightning fan club LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San, if we all wear rose colored Bruins glasses what fun would it be? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe, if our glasses are rose-colored, yours must be brown-if you know what i mean. LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

It will be a good series. Both teams are playing great....Who will come out of the gate sharp for game one, after such a long lay off? I sure hope the B's do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

shupe, if our glasses are rose-colored, yours must be brown-if you know what i mean. LOL
    Posted by adkbeesfan

adk,

now you know we have had our back and forth.  we normally put good arguments on each side.  i like to play devils advocate. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bolts Offense : San, if we all wear rose colored Bruins glasses what fun would it be? Posted by shuperman

No and you stand your ground that's why you had to come back for more. Roloson hasn't played at this high level this late in the season since 2006 this will hurt him near the end of this series. Look at that through your Vinny 3D glasses...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

On the season

Bos 244G    189GA    TT       35-11-9   112GA 2.00GAA .938S% 9SO
    TB   241      234        Rolo    18-12-4     85GA  2.56GAA .912S% 4SO

Playoffs
    Bos  37G    24GA        TT       8-3           24GA    2.03    .937
    TB    38G    24GA       Rolo     8-3           24GA   2.01     .941

The Bolts O has relied on PP with 12 G for 45  Pit8/27 - Was 4/18
    The B's gave up 8PP including 2 5-3s in 41-Mon 6/27-Phi 2/14

The bolts PK was exc giving up just 3G for 54 Pit1/35 - Was 2/19
    Bos PP scored just 2 for 37    Mon 0/20 Phi2/17

Bolts have had great success but both PP and PK have been coming back to earth as has the B's starting to turn for the good. Both have scored, both have stopped.

What it comes down to is goalie and D against goalie and D, both teams score about the same.

Rolo is a good goalie but I will take TT and our D and the series over TB.

Lineups

Chara      +11  Seidenberg +8                         Brewer +1     Hedman  -3
    Boychuck  +4   Ference       +6                        Ohlund +6    Clark       +2
    Kaberle     +5  McQuaid      +4                         Kubina   +2    Lundin     +3
    Hnidy        +0                                                   Bergeron -1    Jones       +0
    +38                                                                  +10
    TT                                                                     Rolo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Bolts Offense : adk, now you know we have had our back and forth.  we normally put good arguments on each side.  i like to play devils advocate. 
    Posted by shuperman

that you do shupe, that you do. can saturday get here soon enough? this wait is killing me. this bergeron issue is the only thing keeping me going right now. the thought of bergy with any head problem is concerning to say the least. just wish we knew. then we'd know how many games the bolts will last!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't think this series will be settled by the offense - TB has the higher end talent, and Boston has the balanced attack. I think it's a wash. I personally think the series comes down to two players - Rolie the Goalie and Thomas the Tank.

The better keeper wins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Bolts Offense : No and you stand your ground that's why you had to come back for more. Roloson hasn't played at this high level this late in the season since 2006 this will hurt him near the end of this series. Look at that through your Vinny 3D glasses...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San,

Love your posts, this is likely one of your worst.  How the H E double hockey sticks can you say rolie will falter.  Rest?  He has had 10 days off.  Injury? Can you predict the future?  What are you basing this on.  Does the equipment manager pack two left skates?  This could be and likely is his last chance at the cup. 
    I say both goalies play great.  I say it goes 6-7.  I say this is the best series of the playoffs.  Although we may be falling asleep from time to time with the 1-3-1 system in place. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

On the season Bos 244G    189GA    TT       35-11-9   112GA 2.00GAA .938S% 9SO TB   241      234        Rolo    18-12-4     85GA  2.56GAA .912S% 4SO Playoffs Bos  37G    24GA        TT       8-3           24GA    2.03    .937 TB    38G    24GA       Rolo     8-3           24GA   2.01     .941 The Bolts O has relied on PP with 12 G for 45  Pit8/27 - Was 4/18 The B's gave up 8PP including 2 5-3s in 41-Mon 6/27-Phi 2/14 The bolts PK was exc giving up just 3G for 54 Pit1/35 - Was 2/19 Bos PP scored just 2 for 37    Mon 0/20 Phi2/17 Bolts have had great success but both PP and PK have been coming back to earth as has the B's starting to turn for the good. Both have scored, both have stopped. What it comes down to is goalie and D against goalie and D, both teams score about the same. Rolo is a good goalie but I will take TT and our D and the series over TB. Lineups Chara      +11  Seidenberg +8                         Brewer +1     Hedman  -3 Boychuck  +4   Ference       +6                        Ohlund +6    Clark       +2 Kaberle     +5  McQuaid      +4                         Kubina   +2    Lundin     +3 Hnidy        +0                                                   Bergeron -1    Jones       +0 +38                                                                  +10 TT                                                                     Rolo
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I can agree to this even though it hurts my brain looking at it.  I think both TBay and B's had some main guys take the 1st round off. I think this will be a dandy series.  Can't wait.

Sections
Shortcuts