Bored?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Bored?

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Is that what we're seeing?  A bored hockey club?  This is the second year in a row where the real urgency has been set aside well before the end of the year, and then the Bruins have had trouble finding the emotional switch to play meaningless regular season games.  Last year, the Caps just let 'em sleep and they never got out of that funk - like they were waiting for the run to get interesting.  The worst part is that they go from not finishing good chances - chances you know they have the skills to finish - to not getting those chances because they just start shooting from everywhere and you get 33-13 shot differentials when the Bruins lose.

Add that to the faint note of grousing over the line changes in practice - Bergeron saying "there's nothing you can do" about the coach's decision to move Marchand off his line (how about "It doesn't matter who I play with, the team needs a spark right now, so maybe moving things around will help"?), Krejci almost saying that he expects teh new combos to fail because "well, there's no chemistry, obviously", and Julien saying, almost in a Tortorella move, that he's doing it because he can, because he's the coach.  How about "In the past, when Lucic has hit a slump, we've moved him to the third line where he can simplify his game and remember what makes him such a force - take the body, control your wing, play with emotion."  How about the top line has lacked some quickness, and Marchand brings that or Paille has been one of team's hotter shooters over the last couple of weeks, and you want to reward a guy who has been getting results?

These two things can be the beginning of the end for a coach, especially if Chiarelli does pull the trigger on a big rental like Iginla.  If there's one thing that has defined this Bruin team under CJ, it has been the professionalism of  their approach to the system.  Boredom and grousing are cracks that bother me more than the current mediocrity and scoring woes.

Nice write up book. The frustrating thing w/ this team is we know what they can do but it's not happening. I believe no matter what happens during the upcoming playoffs Julien is going nowhere.

Agreed on this, as far as CJ saying he made changes "because he can", when said with a smile on your face it has a whole different meaning. A guy like Torts likely says this about 2 times a week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Outside of this recent slump, the team seemed motivated to play/win. I'm with SteveGM.....this (funk) happens to the majority of teams in any given year. And this is where CJ has to work some magic, and probably will.

With CJ now the 2nd most winning coach in Bruins history, his leash may be a bit longer then others.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I hear what Book is saying, but my concern isn't just CJ losing the team. I'm more concerned about the team losing each other. This team has taken pride in being a close knit bunch who actually care about each other & the team as a whole. We could be looking at the what happened to the Flyers with Richards, Carter & Pronger where the room becomes divided. Once that happens it hard for it to get back. Then that's where the coach is blamed for losing the team. And he loses his job. I think PC needs to provide CJ the parts needed to improve, before he gives him the axe. PC has plenty of room to make this team better. If he has a certain way of doing things, then maybe it's he who needs to change his direction of thinking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I hear what Book is saying, but my concern isn't just CJ losing the team. I'm more concerned about the team losing each other. This team has taken pride in being a close knit bunch who actually care about each other & the team as a whole. We could be looking at the what happened to the Flyers with Richards, Carter & Pronger where the room becomes divided. Once that happens it hard for it to get back. Then that's where the coach is blamed for losing the team. And he loses his job. I think PC needs to provide CJ the parts needed to improve, before he gives him the axe. PC has plenty of room to make this team better. If you has a certain way of doing things, then maybe it's he who needs to change his direction of thinking.

Who's dividing the B's room,Aaron Johnson? No one else has been added.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I'm not really going down that IF path, Legion. Just saying that there are little things I don't think I've seen before in the Julien era, but that are familiar elements of the story of how coaches get fired.  I'll leave actually predicting what happens to others.

LOL! Another one who doesn't read my threads then repeats something similar I said in a previous post. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I hear what Book is saying, but my concern isn't just CJ losing the team. I'm more concerned about the team losing each other. This team has taken pride in being a close knit bunch who actually care about each other & the team as a whole. We could be looking at the what happened to the Flyers with Richards, Carter & Pronger where the room becomes divided. Once that happens it hard for it to get back. Then that's where the coach is blamed for losing the team. And he loses his job. I think PC needs to provide CJ the parts needed to improve, before he gives him the axe. PC has plenty of room to make this team better. If you has a certain way of doing things, then maybe it's he who needs to change his direction of thinking.

I don't know who is & I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it's a possibility that it can be happening. When did this team actually start to become this team? It happened in Nov, 1/2008. That was the game that FINALLY the Bruin's came back. They've had that same "team" togetherness since then & it evolved into what a team should be. The only consistent togetherness that I've seen this season is the 4th line. That's all I'm getting at. Not saying the team is divided, but it could very well be a possibilty. I said something here last month & that was that I think the teams that play the Bruin's aren't poking the Bear. They've learned that this is what this team thrives on & they feed off that. Don't believe me? Look at the Capitals game when Hendricks was doing his thing. What happened? The KHL line had their best overall game of the season & it's the one game this season that the Bruin's played "THEIR GAME" not someone elses. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I don't know who is & I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it's a possibility that it can be happening. When did this team actually start to become this team? It happened in Nov, 1/2008. That was the game that FINALLY the Bruin's came back. They've had that same "team" togetherness since then & it evolved into what a team should be. The only consistent togetherness that I've seen this season is the 4th line. That's all I'm getting at. Not saying the team is divided, but it could very well be a possibilty. I said something here last month & that was that I think the teams that play the Bruin's aren't poking the Bear. They've learned that this is what this team thrives on & they feed off that. Don't believe me? Look at the Capitals game when Hendricks was doing his thing. What happened? The KHL line had their best overall game of the season & it's the one game this season that the Bruin's played "THEIR GAME" not someone elses. 

I agree with you on that one Nite, when the B's play "Their Game" start to finish they are very tough to beat and although i do not believe their is a dressing room issue, i do think they have to start bringing it on a regular basis. There are 20 games or less to play until the playoffs and maybe this line shake up will get the Bruins headed in the right direction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:.  Boredom and grousing are cracks that bother me more than the current mediocrity and scoring woes.

[/QUOTE]

Enough with the "grousing" already. We have a new litter of English Setter puppies in the house and you're getting them excited!

Maybe this week the BRUINS will find themselves. I do be believe in extraneous variables however, or at least some spice in a season. Remember... starting out over-seas, the trades, the "West-coast" tour, CHARA's hit in Montreal, the ensuing police investigation, a trip to Lake Placid, Ny, the jacket, key players concussed, Andrew's glove finger, players being bitten, RECCHI's wisdom, RYDER being RYDER and TIMMY in goal? Along with grit, determination and mojo, seasons like that don't grow on trees.