Boston Bruins property Malcom Subban rooted for the Canadiens against the Bruins in the playoffs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Boston Bruins property Malcom Subban rooted for the Canadiens against the Bruins in the playoffs...

Via Rotoworld/Twitter:

Malcolm Subban - G - Bruins
    Malcolm Subban was cheering for his older brother, P.K. Subban in Montreal's 2014 second round series against the Boston Bruins.
    That's getting some attention because, obviously, Malcolm Subban is a member of the Boston Bruins. The two franchises are heated rivals, but for now the younger Subban is honing his skills in the minors while he waits for his shot in Boston. If he ever becomes the Bruins' starting goaltender, which won't happen anytime soon given Tuukka Rask's presence, and P.K. Subban signs a long-term deal with the Canadiens, then that will be another fun element to the contests between these two squads. You can rest assured that Malcolm Subban wouldn't have been rooting for his brother if Malcolm was the one playing between the pipes.

I hate having this guy in the Bruins' sytem. Can't they trade him for, I dunno, a right wing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Boston Bruins property Malcom Subban rooted for the Canadiens against the Bruins in the playoffs...

Malcom will never ever play a single game for the BRUINS in regukar season...he will be traded before

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Boston Bruins property Malcom Subban rooted for the Canadiens against the Bruins in the playoffs...

This is an old story, kind of a dumb one, and the title you've given it here is totally misleading.

Malcomb Subban said he "rooted for PK" during the playoffs.  He did not say that he "rooted for the Canadiens against the Bruins".

In the age of player's fake media personalities and a constant loop of perfectly neutral press quotes, I'm glad he was honest about something any intelligent person already knew.  He roots for his brother.  Big deal. 

He isn't on the Boston Bruins and he wasn't in that series.  His brother was.  I really couldn't care less.   I bet PK is rooting for Malcolm to be a stud goalie too, even though that would be bad for the Habs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree Fletch, this story screams of "nothing to see here"...He rooted for his brother, and isn't on the team that his brother was playing. In fact, even if Malcolm was in net for the Bruins I'd have no problem with him saying or admitting that he hoped his brother plays well.

A lot of us have played competitive sports against our brothers. You want to beat them but you want them to do well also. Teammates come and go, brothers are for life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Malcolm exposes himself as a bigger turncoat than SoxfaninIL and IPOTNYC (Sobshack) and you guys look the other way?

No, he didn't say he was cheering for the Habs.  He said he was cheering for his brother, who plays for the Habs.  And when his brother scored...ON THE BRUINS...he cheered.

And every shot his Canadien brother took on Rask, he hoped for a goal.

And every time PK did anything, he hoped for success and Bruin failure.

Yeah, I have a problem with that.  I'm sorry.  It's not going to work.  Package this fruitloop dingus with the new media pump kit (Warsofsky) and bring in a third line winger!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Via Rotoworld/Twitter:

Malcolm Subban - G - Bruins
    Malcolm Subban was cheering for his older brother, P.K. Subban in Montreal's 2014 second round series against the Boston Bruins.
    That's getting some attention because, obviously, Malcolm Subban is a member of the Boston Bruins. The two franchises are heated rivals, but for now the younger Subban is honing his skills in the minors while he waits for his shot in Boston. If he ever becomes the Bruins' starting goaltender, which won't happen anytime soon given Tuukka Rask's presence, and P.K. Subban signs a long-term deal with the Canadiens, then that will be another fun element to the contests between these two squads. You can rest assured that Malcolm Subban wouldn't have been rooting for his brother if Malcolm was the one playing between the pipes.

I hate having this guy in the Bruins' sytem. Can't they trade him for, I dunno, a right wing?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, one of those right wings that have no cap hit. 

Wow. I agree with Stanley. He won't play for the bruins but they'll develop him for another year or two and then move him at peak value

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'd be disappointed in him if he didn't root for his brother. I'd root for my brother over my employer too. I hope Malcolm was hoping his brother had a great series but lost to the B's. I think his mindset would be a bit different if he was on the big club, especially if he was actually in net.

I've played against my younger brother and while I hoped he had a great game I was in no way hoping my team would lose and I did everything I could to kick his a s s during the game. However, on the occasions when his team won, it was easier to accept because I could be happy for my brother. Plus the winner bought the beers. That helped too :P

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I just think he might as well be honest about it, if he's gonna say anything.  I would have said nothing.  I wouldn't have commented.  

But I also know that I would probably straddle that middle ground of rooting for my brother while not necessarily rooting against the team that I belong to.

It would be interesting to ask the Staal brothers or others about this.  My guess is that there is a middle ground between wishing well for your brother and rooting against your team.   I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

I can think of plenty of times as a fan that I have wanted a team to lose but still wished for individual players on that team to do well.  

Heck, shupe manages to root for the Bruins while watching the games from his basement shrine to Subban and Price...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment: [QUOTE] I'd be disappointed in him if he didn't root for his brother. I'd root for my brother over my employer too. I hope Malcolm was hoping his brother had a great series but lost to the B's. I think his mindset would be a bit different if he was on the big club, especially if he was actually in net. [/QUOTE]

Nailed it!

+1!

or a triple-Bingo!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd prefer a Primeau vs. Primeau approach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Matters not cause he'll never be the #1 here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Whatever happened when there was no social media, but in all honesty i could care less if he cheered for his brother, You will see him in a Bs uniform otherwise how else are they going to expose that he can be if not is an nhl goalie, if hes to be dumped sometime down the road, well they will have to showcase him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

This is only a story if Malcolm's response was "I was totally rooting against the B's. I was psyched the Habs won, and I hope the B's never win another playoff series. This organization sucks and I can't wait to get out of here."

Short of that, it's a non-starter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

maybe Malcolm should've lied or just kept it to himself....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Brothers come first.  Brothers should come first.  That said, with Rask around Malcolm could be part of a solid package for a forward. I don't expect it to happen until mid-season though. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brothers come first.  Brothers should come first.  That said, with Rask around Malcolm could be part of a solid package for a forward. I don't expect it to happen until mid-season though. 

[/QUOTE]

I get the brother thing, OC but whatever happened to the feeling of once he puts on the other jersey, he's the enemy? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I get the brother thing, OC but whatever happened to the feeling of once he puts on the other jersey, he's the enemy? 

[/QUOTE]

You can't expect a guy to hate his family because of where they work.

If it were me, I would have laughed and said something like, "Oh come on you guys.  This is such a step up of a question.  Of course I want my brother to succeed.  But, you know, I was drafted by the Bruins.  What am I supposed to do? ha ha ha ha."

That that would have been that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If it were me, I would have laughed and said something like, "Oh come on you guys.  This is such a step up of a question.  Of course I want my brother to succeed.  But, you know, I was drafted by the Bruins.  What am I supposed to do? ha ha ha ha."

[/QUOTE]

Way better answer.  Malcolm's not nearly as quick-witted as PK though.  Way more shy and he probably stumbled a bit on the question.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yeah, I have a problem with that.  I'm sorry.  It's not going to work.  Package this fruitloop dingus with the new media pump kit (Warsofsky) and bring in a third line winger!

[/QUOTE]

Of course you have a problem with this. The Cain-Abel brother interaction would be so much better.

And yes.............. let's hope the Bruins trade away goaltending depth for a 3rd line winger when there's a plethora of choices down on the farm to fill that void.

With a Rask injury and Subban trade............that would leave Svedberg and a fill in the blank scrapheap pickup as those left minding the net for the Bruins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course you have a problem with this. The Cain-Abel brother interaction would be so much better.

And yes.............. let's hope the Bruins trade away goaltending depth for a 3rd line winger when there's a plethora of choices down on the farm to fill that void.

With a Rask injury and Subban trade............that would leave Svedberg and a fill in the blank scrapheap pickup as those left minding the net for the Bruins.

[/QUOTE]

There is no point in having an awesome #2 goalie unless he'll play for close to league minimum.

I'd rather see them try to win the Cup than play insurance games.  I don't have two cars and a motorcycle, sitting around thinking it's money well spent because if the engine goes in the brand new first car and the second car runs out of gas, I can still get to the store in on my bike.

To win it all, you have to take chances.  I don't think it's "taking a chance" by not having a supposed-to-be-really-good-probably young goalie to back up the star.  You roll the dice that the star isn't going to get hurt.  And most likely, you're correct.  If you're not, well, them's the breaks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You know, maybe my family is a little weird or something, but we're competitive.  I'm not sure I would be rooting for my brother to beat my team, or my brother's company to outperform mine, or for my brother to make more money than I do....  I wouldn't begrudge him success if he did, but I wouldn't root for him until the issue was decided.  And if his team did beat mine, I'd root for him to keep going.  

As for Subban - anyone willing to trade this year's first round pick for a 3rd line RW?  Jannik Hansen or maybe Cal Clutterbuck?  Steve Downie?  Tuomo Ruutu?

If the answer's no, why settle for that return on a former first rounder who has, by all reports, played like a first rounder developing the in AHL?  Makes way more sense to wait until you know there's a player out there who can really help the Bs win a Cup - an upgrade at first line RW that sends Eriksson back to Soderberg's wing or something.  Subban is a heavier price than the Scabs paid for Vanek last year.  Don't overpay to fill a gap that might not make any difference.

Are you not entertained?!?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd take Downie!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd take Downie!

[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  That guy just gets shuttled from team to team and lasts about as long as Pierre McGuire with a PK Subban poster in front of him.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'd take Downie!

[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  That guy just gets shuttled from team to team and lasts about as long as Pierre McGuire with a PK Subban poster in front of him.  

[/QUOTE]

Haha. Poor Pierre, if only he knew.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's no way I'd expect one Subban to hate another. I was going on hearing players, let alone brothers say comments like "Yeah, we're buddies but once the game starts he's just another player." This was my thinking. And yes, perhaps next time young Subban will manage it with a "You're not gonna get me with that one. Nice try though" kind of comeback.

Sections
Shortcuts