Boston Bruins, road warriors!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Boston Bruins, road warriors!

6-0 on the road trip, top road record in the NHL!

the team is gelling, great to be rolling into March, hopefully they can keep it up at home.

maybe they should ask for road ice advantage in the playoffs instead of playing at the TD Garden.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Boston Bruins, road warriors!

I'd take the home ice advantage any day. You have to win at home in the playoffs anyways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Boston Bruins, road warriors!:
    [QUOTE]6-0 on the road trip, top road record in the NHL! the team is gelling, great to be rolling into March, hopefully they can keep it up at home. maybe they should ask for road ice advantage in the playoffs instead of playing at the TD Garden.
    Posted by ocram[/QUOTE]

Luckily they have another 4 game road trip coming up soon so they do not have to wreck their momentum by playing in the fake Garden too much in the coming couple of weeks...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

maybe just wearing their road whites at home would do the trick? i tnink the whites make them look faster, while their blacks make then seem to hit harder. there's got to be something psychological about this perception. maybe they just skate faster on the road and hit harder at home-? where's a shrink when you need one?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Crazy theory time!

Could it be the last change?  Maybe the Bruins are better when they aren't focussing so much on getting match-ups.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Bruins, road warriors!:
    [QUOTE]Crazy theory time! Could it be the last change?  Maybe the Bruins are better when they aren't focussing so much on getting match-ups.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if line-change matchups are Julien's "thing." After all, he does seem to play his fourth line at the most peculiar times in a game. Maybe that is the issue. Perhaps Claude gets overwhelmed with the matchups....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

drcc... you might be onto something here, i've always approached athletics with the attitude that THEY should adjust to you, don't change your game for them. hmmmmmm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]drcc... you might be onto something here, i've always approached athletics with the attitude that THEY should adjust to you, don't change your game for them. hmmmmmm
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I think that is the idea that was floating around in the back of my head that I couldn't quite get a grip on.  Thanks.  Much clearer idea in my head now.

The way I was thinking about this comes from the whole "getting first line minutes" statement.  If you're third line is your checking line, and it is always out against the other teams best line, doesn't that mean it is probably getting first line minutes?  And by extension, the other lines are getting less?  It seems like it could be a problem when you go against a team that really loves its top line, and has it out for 20+ minutes a game.

Then watching the game against Vancouver, there was an instance where the Sedins weren't generating scoring chances ... because the KHL line had them penned in the entire shift.

It's something I plan on trying to pay more attention to, to see if Julien really does play matchups heavily, or if he only makes use of them in 'key' situations (defensive faceoffs, hoping to take advantage of rare bottom D-pair sighting).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Crazy theory time! Could it be the last change?  Maybe the Bruins are better when they aren't focussing so much on getting match-ups.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I thought about this last night.  Thanks for reminding me.  I kept thinking, "What's the difference?"  Maybe Claude puts the wrong players out there often?  Maybe he plays guys too often/quickly or not enough? 

To look at it from the other side:  Maybe other teams try to match lines too much with the B's and that doesn't work.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

One thing we all know is that Claude is "old school", he is not very flexible, and he does not react very quickly to changes in momentum. His utilization of Campbell's line, particularly with Thornton, is all the evidence one needs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

It will be nice to see the new B's playing at home.  Hopefully their presence will turn things around at home.  Im thinking they can keep their perfect since joining record alive against TB, but will sure have to play better than they did in Ottawa!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

The B's have been a better road team for what seems like years now.  They know how to grind out wins on the road and are have proven to be as good as any team at it.

Personally I think a lot of the B’s lulls at home are because Bruins fans in general are not overly confident in their team, and really are far from being great supporters.  There isn’t a lot of blind faith, consistent energy that some of the other top teams (or even bad teams  ... see leafs), have on a nightly basis.  Yeah that’s probably from years of let down and disappointment, but I believe the players can feel that nervousness and it tends to creep into their game.

Top home teams need a great home atmosphere, and though its good in Boston.. it’s not great.  That can go a long way in how a team performs. 

Just look at Montreals overall stats.  I say without the Bell Centre support, the crazy atmosphere in that building which they get for EVERY home game, I highly doubt the habs would make the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts