Boston Bruins signed (F) Spencer Asuchak to a PTO #NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Boston Bruins signed (F) Spencer Asuchak to a PTO #NHL

@NHLFREEAGENTS

"Boston Bruins signed (F) Spencer Asuchak to a PTO #NHL"

What's an Asuchak ? Like excuse me in Czech ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Boston Bruins signed (F) Spencer Asuchak to a PTO #NHL

Umm....why?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

His stats:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116106

I repeat...why?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Robins need a punching bag at camp ?

At least he's from the CHL LoL

PS. Oh I want my post to be red flagged and at the top Dottie!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ha! First you must take her for a walk....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PTO basically means that Asuchak will start the season in Providence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Actually, SanDog, does it even mean he'll start the season?  It's not a contract, it's a professional tryout offer.  They've invited him to camp.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I'm baffled.  Mount Royal College sounds like a college.  How come many of his team mates have 5 seasons listed?  Or is college a 5 year thing in Canada?  And I haven't found a team mate yet that has been drafted.  And his numbers aren't all that hot nor does he have enough PIM to impress me as a cement head.  It doesn't seem as if he could play the in the ECHL never mind the AHL and the NHL seems out of the question.

I'm trying to find a stronger word for the word "why"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Actually, SanDog, does it even mean he'll start the season?  It's not a contract, it's a professional tryout offer.  They've invited him to camp.

It's a tryout but in most cases, not all, the player knows they are going down to the farm after camp. I would go as far as saying PC consulted Cassidy on this signing.

Robins is getting the tinfoil ready.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They've PTOed a lot of guys over the years, and most play 5 games and disappear.  This is a meaningless move that cost nothing and could only be a good news story if the guy first plays his way on the Providence roster, then gets called up to bang bodies, and then he goes all Bickell in the playoffs as the Bruins win the Cup!

Most likely, though, you won't remember his name after Oleg is done with him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Oleg smash Horshack!

Maybe this guy can actually play a little bit. He was good last season in the CHL (Central Hockey League) as a rookie from what I found online.  Maybe he's a late bloomer? We'll see. Just making the AHL level is probably a huge leap for him.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Exactly.  Here's what I can tell you: he was a third liner in the WHL who couldn't hack the ECHL at the end of his WHL career.  So he did what many former major junior players do: he went to school on the junior team's dime.  That's one of the things that's not as well known about major junior.  Teams will pay for one year of tuition and books at a Canadian university or college for every year the player plays.  Play four years of junior like Horschack, get four years with Mr. Kotter.

Now, when I lived in Calgary, Mount Royal was a clown college.  It has grown up.  It's now a small university, but a university nonetheless.  Good for them, but I can all but guarantee than one year at Mt Royal's hockey program did not make Arnold a better Sweathog.  The only thing it might have done is convinced him that his academic prospects are not bright, and maybe he should give that pro hockey thing another whirl.  Could be he flunked out?

He and Oleg will be the new Legion of Doom, man.  I can see it now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Here's a snippet from one of the articles I read on Horschack.

“Spencer is a hulking forward,” Hermiston(his agent) said, “and, as sometimes happens in junior hockey with players that size, he was pigeon-holed into a specific role -- a north-south winger who needs to hit and fight and not do much else. This role was not ideal for Spencer's skill set, but no junior coach saw that.”

So hermie doesn't want to make toys....he wants to be a dentist. His coach last year gave him a different role and put him at center with pretty good success. And jeeebus knows the B's need more of those. At least he's big and maybe it will turn out that he can beat the snot out of Oleg, Robins and anyone else who hazards to step on to his ice and dares to give him the stink eye. Or not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A left-hand shot??  Noooooo...

A left-hand puncher...?  Okay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

“Spencer is a hulking forward,” Hermiston(his agent) said, “and, as sometimes happens in junior hockey with players that size, he was pigeon-holed into a specific role -- a north-south winger who needs to hit and fight and not do much else. This role was not ideal for Spencer's skill set, but no junior coach saw that.”

So hermie doesn't want to make toys....he wants to be a dentist. His coach last year gave him a different role and put him at center with pretty good success. And jeeebus knows the B's need more of those. At least he's big and maybe it will turn out that he can beat the snot out of Oleg, Robins and anyone else who hazards to step on to his ice and dares to give him the stink eye. Or not.

Good one!

Have to admit, I wasn't interested enough in the guy to search out articles.  First thing that jumped out when I did - he's now 232 lbs.  I now want him to play in one exhibition game, and I want Oleg to get a PTO, then I want the Bruins to start the game with a line of Lucic (235) - Soderberg (216) - and Horschack (232) with Oleg (250) and Chara (255).

The 1.2 ton line.

What made me go look was the agent saying oh woe is me the coaches, they just didn't recognize!

Maybe.  Or maybe the kid is just a big kid who can skate well enough that he could get a shot as a Brian Boyle type.  Loooong way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll, though.

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Probably the son of a friend of someone high up on the food chain of the Bruins brass, and they are doing him a favour, by letting his kid attend a real NHL tryout camp.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Here he is vs...Brendan Gallagher back in 2011.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/106132

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Here he is vs...Brendan Gallagher back in 2011.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/106132" rel="nofollow">http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/106132

Hmmm...can barely handle lil Brendan Gallagher eh? The heir to ST he is not.

OLEG SMASH!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Hmmm...can barely handle lil Brendan Gallagher eh? The heir to ST he is not.

OLEG SMASH!!

When I saw the name I thought "Is there another Brendan Gallagher?" 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hahaha....nope. That is pretty pathetic, really.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Bruins are so cheap!  The only reason he's invited to camp is that he actually costs less than a traffic cone for practice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Orange practice jersey...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Maybe he looks good in orange?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from americanssuperfan. Show americanssuperfan's posts

http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/asuchak-finds-form-in-lone-star-state/" rel="nofollow">http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/asuchak-finds-form-in-lone-star-state/

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.ca/2014/07/asuchak-gets-phone-call-pto-with-bruins.html" rel="nofollow">http://gdrinnan.blogspot.ca/2014/07/asuchak-gets-phone-call-pto-with-bruins.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3JCxY54_rI" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3JCxY54_rI

cheers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Let's be independent together, how about pourquoi

Sections
Shortcuts