BOSTON MEDIA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

BOSTON MEDIA

Has anybody else notice besides me that the BRUINS are still getting pushed under the carpet by the Boston media.  After winning a CUP,  selling out every game and getting excellent TV ratings the BOSTON MEDIA still treats the BRUINS like 2nd class nobodys!!! I find it very frustrating!!! broken record talk for the sahx and PATS.  However, BRUINS fans are supposed to be thankful if they get five minutes on talk radio!!!

They talk more about the BRUINS on canadian radio than they do in BOSTON. AND THE MEDIA north of the border is not too fond of the BIG BAD BOSTON BRUINS!!! I just find it pathetic that in the greatest hockey market in the USA the BRUINS DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT!!! Most of the media is made up of people not from BOSTON and baseball/basketball people!!! just real sad!!! I AM SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT THE RED SAHX!!! WAIT I GATTAH MAKE MY ORDER AT KFC!!! SEEEEEEEE YA!!!

HERE WE GO BRUINS!!! HERE WE GO!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Re: BOSTON MEDIA

I think there's been a lot of Bruins talk on 98.5 since the Tuukka playoffs (blowing the 3-0 load).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I listen to 98.5 over the inet and it's about 10% Bruins, 40% Red Sox & 50% Pats. Kind of discouraging considering they brought the cup home!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

your use of capital letters does not help illustrate your point. in fact, it hurts it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

a week and a half straight of Sandusky didnt help either

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Who cares, most of the media, including the ones who claim to know something about hockey are clueless. The one exception is DA.

In Response to BOSTON MEDIA:
    Has anybody else notice besides me that the BRUINS are still getting pushed under the carpet by the Boston media.  After winning a CUP,  selling out every game and getting excellent TV ratings the BOSTON MEDIA still treats the BRUINS like 2nd class nobodys!!! I find it very frustrating!!! broken record talk for the sahx and PATS.  However, BRUINS fans are supposed to be thankful if they get five minutes on talk radio!!! They talk more about the BRUINS on canadian radio than they do in BOSTON. AND THE MEDIA north of the border is not too fond of the BIG BAD BOSTON BRUINS!!! I just find it pathetic that in the greatest hockey market in the USA the BRUINS DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT!!! Most of the media is made up of people not from BOSTON and baseball/basketball people!!! just real sad!!! I AM SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT THE RED SAHX!!! WAIT I GATTAH MAKE MY ORDER AT KFC!!! SEEEEEEEE YA!!! HERE WE GO BRUINS!!! HERE WE GO!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

In Response to BOSTON MEDIA:
    Has anybody else notice besides me that the BRUINS are still getting pushed under the carpet by the Boston media.  After winning a CUP,  selling out every game and getting excellent TV ratings the BOSTON MEDIA still treats the BRUINS like 2nd class nobodys!!! I find it very frustrating!!! broken record talk for the sahx and PATS.  However, BRUINS fans are supposed to be thankful if they get five minutes on talk radio!!! They talk more about the BRUINS on canadian radio than they do in BOSTON. AND THE MEDIA north of the border is not too fond of the BIG BAD BOSTON BRUINS!!! I just find it pathetic that in the greatest hockey market in the USA the BRUINS DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT!!! Most of the media is made up of people not from BOSTON and baseball/basketball people!!! just real sad!!! I AM SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT THE RED SAHX!!! WAIT I GATTAH MAKE MY ORDER AT KFC!!! SEEEEEEEE YA!!! HERE WE GO BRUINS!!! HERE WE GO!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER

This is par for the course in any major US market.  Why?  Because hockey isn't considered an American game.  How often do the talking heads on Canadian radio discuss the CFL compared to the NHL?  At least Boston is an original 6 team and has a passionate fan base.  I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to follow a team like the Panthers or Lightning and living in Florida. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

In May and June it will be 90% Bruins..........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Nash is right on this one (hopefully).
    I think Bruins are on the forefront these days.
    How else would you explain Jordan's furniture jumping on the bandwagon.
    It's never going to be predominant but it's 1000% more than it was.
    The fact is the Sox will always be #1
    As long as Brady and Belichick are here (and the NFL is forced down your throat) they will also garner a big piece of the pie.
    The NBA is nothing and shouldn't warrant a mention ever. I hope it goes the way of the Dodo.
    The NHL will always be viewed as a fringe sport by the national media (especially since it is a "winter region/canadian" sport). Not having the NBA is certainly helping Joe Average Guy realize what a great sport it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Granted I don't live in Boston anymore, but who cares??

The greatest thing about living in this digital age is that you're not reliant on anyone for the coverage you want.  You like Bruins coverage?  Go find it.

I have bookmarks for Bruins newspaper coverage, Kalman, Haggs, Luedke, Murphy, the P-Bruins, and a half dozen other blogs.  Frankly, this site has better coverage than anywhere else!  Any Bruins story breaks, and it is posted here within 5 minutes.  Every topic is discussed here until you could vomit.  With NHL Center Ice, I watch every single Bruins game.  I can watch NESN covering the Bruins with the Sports Pack.  I listen to CBC radio stations via Sirius because they talk hockey constantly.

I feel like I am inundated with Bruins information and I live in Denver.  Don't like WEEI or whatever, turn elsewhere.  It's all at your fingertips.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The problem is that it hurts hockey in general.

By treating the Bruins/hockey here in MA like a circus sideshow it hurts hockey credibility and people are less likely to play, let their kids play, watch at any level.  And all that hurts the business of the NHL.  If only those idiots would realize it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: BOSTON MEDIA:
    The problem is that it hurts hockey in general. By treating the Bruins/hockey here in MA like a circus sideshow it hurts hockey credibility and people are less likely to play, let their kids play, watch at any level.  And all that hurts the business of the NHL.  If only those idiots would realize it.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I don't think I care about that either.  Since I don't really care how much the owners or players make (...I know it's a lot), mainstream popularity seems very over-rated to me.

It was one thing when you had to hope that ESPN showed more games or whatever, but that's all gone.  I get to watch all the games now.  If I want to go to a game, I would prefer it not be sold out, or be so popular that the tickets are too expensive.  Avs tickets have been getting steadily cheaper in recent years because popularity is low.  Works for me.

If you can see all the games you want, and get all the coverage you want -- who cares about the level of nationwide popularity? 

The Bruins are popular enough to spend to the cap and fill the seats.  Good enough for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Since this topic falls into my line of expertise/work... I will weigh in.

Fletcher is spot on here and here's what else. Hockey has traditionally been undercovered in most U.S. markets. A few notable exceptions (including some great southern-based hockey writers such as Luke DeCock over at the Raleigh News Observer) in the print business. But today, it doesn't matter.

If you're sick of local radio, find some national shows, which abound for free on the Internet. If you're sick of the Globe, hit the Herald or the underrated New England Hockey Journal. If you're sick of Sports Illustrated (as I am) then just don't read magazines.

Heck, with the NBA lockout, even ESPN has been covering the puck these days.

For me ... Twitter is my news source for hockey. Even some of you guys will occasionally offer valuable news about Bruins prospects. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: BOSTON MEDIA:
    your use of capital letters does not help illustrate your point. in fact, it hurts it
    Posted by bostonfan191646

Thanks by the way. Caps drive me crazy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

98.5 does more than 10% Bruins, at least on Felger & Mazz. Ever notice once they touch on the Bruins, no mater what else is going on, all the callers for the next 45 mins or so want to talk Bruins. Ordway great underestimated the amount of people here who like to listen and talk hockey. he has paid dearly for that mistake to the tune of a $500,000 loss. 98.5 Came in at exactly the right time to talk hockey. You can argue how much Felger knows, but he is the most knowledgeable amongst his peers, I'll give him that. When the Bruins were making the Cup run and people like Dennis & Callahan were forced to talk hockey is was almost painful to listen to.

There are tons of fairweather bruins here, right or wrong, but should they make another deep playoff run it will equal staying power for them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Is it safe to say the club's profile was raised since winning the Cup?  I hope so.  I'd like to think the Bruins have always been in the public consciousness despite the 39 year drought.  One thing I've heard for years up here was that the Celts, Pats and Sox are goliaths in the minds of Boston sports fans and until the Bruins could join their championship accomplishments they would be hard pressed to elevate their status. 

I think this situation speaks to the long-standing bizarre state of things up here in T. O.  The Leafs have not won the Cup in 44 years yet they're a year round industry.  Mid-summer you'll find front-of-sports-section Leaf news.  In fact just this past week the hottest story surrounding the team wasn't their play but that Toronto Star sports writer Dave Feschuk interviewed Reimer's mum to find out the real deal on his injury. 

This totally p!ssed off Burke and Wilson who publically expressed their displeasure with Feschuk for what they saw as underhanded tactics running contrary to the club's lockdown policy on injuries.  Cherry and Milbury weighed in on HNIC and backed the Leaf view.  Toronto is and IMO will always be a Leaf town not a hockey town.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I listen to 98.5 and they do a lot of Bruins talk.  Thornton and Chiarelli are on almost every week on T&R and D.A. is a Bruins nut.

The afternoon guys are baseball and football mainly, but they still talk Bruins a lot.  Wednesday nights have a big hockey show also.

You know what Bruins populatity has gotten us?  $80 balcony seats.  It liked it a lot better when Loge seats were that price.

Sections
Shortcuts