Boston Not a Hockey Town (Per Jagr)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Boston Not a Hockey Town (Per Jagr)

That's not what he said.
    “I didn’t know the fans loved the hockey so much here in Boston. It’s a little bit different than playing in Dallas. I don’t want to say anything about Dallas; they were great. But this is a little bit different level.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

King, seriously, wtf.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

maybe he didn't know that the b's have only been around for nearly 90 yrs.... 

name me an original 6 city where hockey isn't popular?.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

King. Dude, You're turing into a troll. Seriously.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Popularity of hockey in the original 6 towns, other than TO and Monteal but they're nuts, has ebbed and waned over the years. It's always had some but it's not always over the top like it is in Boston and Chicago now. Most of the last two decades in Chicago until recently and the DeadWing era being two examples. When Jagr played the lion share of his games here, late 90's early 2000's the Bruins were at a low point in their fan fervour. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

That's what I mean. He's been in the NFL for 20 years and doesn't recall even this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe7NyqY2Uyg

First your Pats are showing. Secondly maybe he remembers the 13 years of his career when the Bruins weren't even close to selling out every night.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=4919

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

That's what I mean. He's been in the NFL for 20 years and doesn't recall even this?

First your Pats are showing. Secondly maybe he remembers the 13 years of his career when the Bruins weren't even close to selling out every night.

Correct Red. It's not a stretch to say that the Bruins were rated 4th in a 4 sport town for many years. It might still be for all I know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why?

You don't think that's an odd statement?

It is an odd statement, but he didn't say that Boston is not a hockey town.

Go back to the Pats.  We don't need or want you here.  You add nothing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

King - I don't interpret what he said to the extreme that you are taking it.

Red - 4th place in a sports nutty town isn't always bad. It has a much to do with how insanely popular the Sox, Celts and Pats are at times. The B's have had their share of being #1, 2 and 3 as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

Obviously, NHL.

Ever watch that NESN documentary on the history of the Bruins?  There are 3 clips in a row of Neely scoring goals when they get to that segment on those early/mid 90s clubs.

I was at the 50 goals in 42 games. Jon Morris  (you know that name? Look it up) was 5 rows behind us with a neighbor of mine. 

I was at the game where he spun 360 degrees on Darren Madeley and scored that gorgeous goal. 2nd row, opposite side of ice for that one.

The last one was vs Quebec where he split the D down the middle weaving in and out and then undressed Fiset with a backhander.  Loge, opposite end of the ice.

I was also at Bourque's career 1000th point game in 1992. I have been lucky enough to see a ton of great games in there, on the road as well, and I am a loyal fan. Don't question it.  You just focus on yourself and keeping in line with the discussion topic.

Enough with this garbage that I am somehow not a huge B's fan where you run around trying to discredit my opinion. SanBrewie and Kevlie got caught doing that yesterday where I had mentioned Redden was in the minors before the lockout and they both mocked me. LOL

Guess who was right? lol

They didn't know  that info, so they mock the person giving it, only to be wrong.

I practically grew up in the building.  Used to go to a game a week at one point from '90-'94.

Been to easily over 100 games at the old place. The new place sucks.  So, enough with this little game you like to play attempting to minimize my opinion. It's old and it's annoying for the board.

Get over yourself, Super Fan.

Not to nitpik but Neely was 50 in 44 games I believe

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Red - 4th place in a sports nutty town isn't always bad. It has a much to do with how insanely popular the Sox, Celts and Pats are at times. The B's have had their share of being #1, 2 and 3 as well.

It was dez that made the point about 4th, though I think you both have a point. My point, which King ignored, is for 13 years while Jagr was playing, beginning after those early 90's runs and not starting to really shift back until after the Chara and Savard era began, Boston's attendance was not great. The regain of attendance coincided wit when he left for the KHL, and he's played, what? 2games in Boston since his return? Given all of that I don't think it's an odd statement at all and given his life experience perhaps from his perspective he is genuinely surprised by how the fans are these days.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

King, you took what he said and pulled a Communist Contrarian on it.

"I didn’t know the fans loved the hockey so much here in Boston" does not equal "Boston not a hockey town".

You've been trolling quite a bit here since the Montreal game, don't act like you're not trying to rile everyone up and feign like you're all offended.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

It was dez that made the point about 4th, though I think you both have a point. My point, which King ignored, is for 13 years while Jagr was playing, beginning after those early 90's runs and not starting to really shift back until after the Chara and Savard era began, Boston's attendance was not great. The regain of attendance coincided wit when he left for the KHL, and he's played, what? 2games in Boston since his return? Given all of that I don't think it's an odd statement at all and given his life experience perhaps from his perspective he is genuinely surprised by how the fans are these days.

I agree to a point, the attendance wasn't as bad as you might think here during the lean years. I did like being able to get tickets to almost any game I wanted though without paying through the nose. Weekend games were still tough to get and vs. the shabs and a few other teams that might be a draw. But a Tuesday night in February against Tampa? I could walk up and buy tickets off the street for less than face and they would be decent seats. Crappy, good or great, this team always has had a pretty sizeable base of hard-core fans who still show up, still buy the sweater and watch the games on the tube. This is ALWAYS a hockey town, it just gets a bandwagon attached once in a while.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Boston has been a hockey town since 1924 and showed it best last night when Jagr came on the ice and everyone gave him a standing O. The Bruins fans are the best in the NHL and love their team. The other sports in Boston are great but the Bruins are the love of Boston at the worst of times, thank you Bruins fans. The Bruins fans showed respect for a future hall of famour and true knowlege of hockey, god love the fans of the Bruins everywhere.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Calling conspiracy theories on the refs and misquoting players to get a reaction is trolling.

He's never played in the division so I'm not really surprised of his view of Boston as his teams were never really rivals (early in his career, ok but I barely remember the early 90s).

You rile up everyone on the Pats forums and you do the same thing here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

This is hilarious.  Reading far too much into a nothing statement.

Sections
Shortcuts