Boston Not a Hockey Town (Per Jagr)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Boston Not a Hockey Town (Per Jagr)

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Anyone catch his comment last night? Awfully strange.  An original six team, the first American NHL franchise, all the great players, the tradition, the fact he used to come into the hold Garden early in his career in particular the '91 and '92 playoffs, and he just came from Dallas?

Very odd.

One of the oddest comments I've seen from a newly acquired player.

When Kessel was with the Bruins and acquired Recchi I read into Recchi's comment '99% of the guys are only interested in winning the cup'.

I thought there was something there and I believe Recchi was using "99%" figuratively and was referring to Kessel.

I read into comments.

The comment

I didn’t know the fans loved the hockey so much here in Boston

doesn't mean anything to me at all.  IMO this is the biggest hockey town he's ever played in., if for whatever reason he didn't know before he's putting the pieces together now.  English isn't his first language and something might have gotten lost in translation.

Exactly BH. He's not dissing Boston.  I don't doubt he knew the city was a hockey town but apparently had no idea of the extent of that hockey culture.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I don't really care how the transaction occurred (waiver wire, buy out, thrown out on his face, etc).  I was simply communicating what Brickley's opinion was about him going down to the minors to keep his 7 million per year salary.

I actually didn't realize he played that many games down there.

You didn't even know that he had played in the minors until you dug up that stupid article that you posted in the other thread.  Almost everybody here, including Sandog and Kelv, knew that he was bought out by the Rangers and signed by the Blues.  The fact that you were making fun of them for not knowing this made you look even more clueless.

Another thing, nobody cares that you have ticket stubs from a few Bruins games in the '90s.  And a guy drafted in the fourth round who sat six rows behind you at a hockey game doesn't sound as impressive as you think it does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why?

You don't think that's an odd statement?

It is an odd statement, but he didn't say that Boston is not a hockey town.

Go back to the Pats.  We don't need or want you here.  You add nothing.

That's essentially what he said.  Yes.

And, don't tell me where to go, old man.  You fanboys here are so lame. It's like this little competition of fanboys trying to one up the other.  Or, should I say fangirls?

Overly sensitive sallies.

Ive been coming here a long time and are worst then any troll, you dont know the ruled for starters.  Im dreading tomorrows game bc you will litter this place with pure garbage.  I dont care if you post and if it were one person....but everyone?   You enjoy looking like a moron in the nicest possible way i can put it.  All most ask is to think for a second before you type.  Its not hard.  And you will get more respect in here.  That is if you wanna talk hockey.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Over senstivie Nellies???, well Nancy then stay off the forum if you don't like the commentary.  The problem with Boston sports is there are four teams that compete every year, even the now Red Sox.  The Celtics are scary to most teams in the playoffs excluding Miami.  So, the Jagr statement is what it is, he is pleased to be in sports town.  Most Bs fans know that hockey is the number 4 in sports, yet again it is a sports town.  I really should stay off these boards as Stanley and now RidingwithBurgerKing are just media hound dogs!

In response to red75's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

maybe he didn't know that the b's have only been around for nearly 90 yrs.... 

name me an original 6 city where hockey isn't popular?.... 

That's what I mean. He's been in the NFL for 20 years and doesn't recall even this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe7NyqY2Uyg

First your Pats are showing. Secondly maybe he remembers the 13 years of his career when the Bruins weren't even close to selling out every night.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=4919

Obviously, NHL.

Ever watch that NESN documentary on the history of the Bruins?  There are 3 clips in a row of Neely scoring goals when they get to that segment on those early/mid 90s clubs.

I was at the 50 goals in 42 games. Jon Morris  (you know that name? Look it up) was 5 rows behind us with a neighbor of mine. 

I was at the game where he spun 360 degrees on Darren Madeley and scored that gorgeous goal. 2nd row, opposite side of ice for that one.

The last one was vs Quebec where he split the D down the middle weaving in and out and then undressed Fiset with a backhander.  Loge, opposite end of the ice.

I was also at Bourque's career 1000th point game in 1992. I have been lucky enough to see a ton of great games in there, on the road as well, and I am a loyal fan. Don't question it.  You just focus on yourself and keeping in line with the discussion topic.

Enough with this garbage that I am somehow not a huge B's fan where you run around trying to discredit my opinion. SanBrewie and Kevlie got caught doing that yesterday where I had mentioned Redden was in the minors before the lockout and they both mocked me. LOL

Guess who was right? lol

They didn't know  that info, so they mock the person giving it, only to be wrong.

I practically grew up in the building.  Used to go to a game a week at one point from '90-'94.

Been to easily over 100 games at the old place. The new place sucks.  So, enough with this little game you like to play attempting to minimize my opinion. It's old and it's annoying for the board.

Get over yourself, Super Fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

No problem.  I didn't read it as such. Hey, at least you are a lot more normal than some of these other tools in here.

Morris once stole the puck off my stick when I was in high school.  Our neighbor apparently was friends with him and they were playing a game next to us.  This was Feb '93, if memory serves.

Anyway, was coming down the right wing and someone came up out of my field of vision and just clipped the puck away from me.  He skated away with it, stopped and grinned, flipping it back.

I didn't know who it was, but a buddy of mine whose family knows the Rileys (Riley coached UMass Lowell and his father coached the 1960 Olympic team and cut Herb Brooks), recognized him.

I knew the name only because as a kid I closely followed any locals who got drafted or went on to play locally the NCAA level, as I am sure many do.

You're even more delusional than I thought you were.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

GNB....the best thing you can do is just stop responding to him. Otherwise you are giving him what he wants.

Cheers

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Ive been coming here a long time and are worst then any troll, you dont know the ruled for starters.  Im dreading tomorrows game bc you will litter this place with pure garbage.  I dont care if you post and if it were one person....but everyone?   You enjoy looking like a moron in the nicest possible way i can put it.  All most ask is to think for a second before you type.  Its not hard.  And you will get more respect in here.  That is if you wanna talk hockey.  

[/QUOTE]

King, seriously, it appears you have some wires loose between what you think vs what you actually write. People can only interpret what is written. Write less, write carefully, proofread, and then you'll spend less time trying to show how smart you are by writing reams of chatter that no one wants to read. I know I just wasted 2 min so,,,,, thankfully there's the ignore button.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

GNB....the best thing you can do is just stop responding to him. Otherwise you are giving him what he wants.

Cheers

Wait for the game day thread tomorrow.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Should be fun. I will put on my game face:

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

RWTK,

in my earlier post I said it seemed like you were filtering Jagr's words through your own deep disdain for him.  As is your right you made no secret of not favouring his acquisition. 

In fact your words on 4/2/2013 were "I've never been a Jagr fan. There's a reason why he's bounced around so much and hasn't won jack squat since he played on those loaded Pitt teams 20 years ago."  

It's no surprise you perceive his comments as negative when they're really not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Cheers

Why is that?  All because the refs gave MOntreal 3 gift PPs and missed a too many men on the ice call to boot?

Boo hoo

Sure they did.  Why dont you do a bit of research on pp chances between the two clubs over the last couple years.  See who has had more pp chances.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

For the love of Pete, delete the unnecessary parts of quotes people!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hahahaha.  I have a pretty good idea what I am like.  I can deal.  If you keep responding as if you know who you are, then many will begin to wonder if you are not "ego tripping at the gates of helll"! 

In response to islamorada's comment:

Over senstivie Nellies???, well Nancy then stay off the forum if you don't like the commentary.  The problem with Boston sports is there are four teams that compete every year, even the now Red Sox.  The Celtics are scary to most teams in the playoffs excluding Miami.  So, the Jagr statement is what it is, he is pleased to be in sports town.  Most Bs fans know that hockey is the number 4 in sports, yet again it is a sports town.  I really should stay off these boards as Stanley and now RidingwithBurgerKing are just media hound dogs!

In response to red75's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

maybe he didn't know that the b's have only been around for nearly 90 yrs.... 

name me an original 6 city where hockey isn't popular?.... 

That's what I mean. He's been in the NFL for 20 years and doesn't recall even this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe7NyqY2Uyg

First your Pats are showing. Secondly maybe he remembers the 13 years of his career when the Bruins weren't even close to selling out every night.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=4919

Obviously, NHL.

Ever watch that NESN documentary on the history of the Bruins?  There are 3 clips in a row of Neely scoring goals when they get to that segment on those early/mid 90s clubs.

I was at the 50 goals in 42 games. Jon Morris  (you know that name? Look it up) was 5 rows behind us with a neighbor of mine. 

I was at the game where he spun 360 degrees on Darren Madeley and scored that gorgeous goal. 2nd row, opposite side of ice for that one.

The last one was vs Quebec where he split the D down the middle weaving in and out and then undressed Fiset with a backhander.  Loge, opposite end of the ice.

I was also at Bourque's career 1000th point game in 1992. I have been lucky enough to see a ton of great games in there, on the road as well, and I am a loyal fan. Don't question it.  You just focus on yourself and keeping in line with the discussion topic.

Enough with this garbage that I am somehow not a huge B's fan where you run around trying to discredit my opinion. SanBrewie and Kevlie got caught doing that yesterday where I had mentioned Redden was in the minors before the lockout and they both mocked me. LOL

Guess who was right? lol

They didn't know  that info, so they mock the person giving it, only to be wrong.

I practically grew up in the building.  Used to go to a game a week at one point from '90-'94.

Been to easily over 100 games at the old place. The new place sucks.  So, enough with this little game you like to play attempting to minimize my opinion. It's old and it's annoying for the board.

Get over yourself, Super Fan.

Learn to use the quote function correctly.  I am well over myself. YOU get over yourself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Cheers

I agree and for the most part, that's what I do.  I just can't help myself once in a while.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I agree and for the most part, that's what I do.  I just can't help myself once in a while.

Yep, he's like a bad scab that won't go away. The compulsion can be overwhleming at times.

Next time just go for a cig or chill and take a sip of el vino....then all is well.

You too Islamorada....Cool

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.