1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Boston Not a Hockey Town (Per Jagr)

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

GNB....the best thing you can do is just stop responding to him. Otherwise you are giving him what he wants.

Cheers

Wait for the game day thread tomorrow.  

Why is that?  All because the refs gave MOntreal 3 gift PPs and missed a too many men on the ice call to boot?

Boo hoo

Sure they did.  Why dont you do a bit of research on pp chances between the two clubs over the last couple years.  See who has had more pp chances.  

What about this year? I don't really care abou the last 2 years. Our PP has sucked anyway.  I want to know why the officiating gets really shoddy when Montreal is down 2 goals, and they actually look the other way on a too many men.

Why are you defending crappy officiating that basically was the reason for that loss?

Montreal is notorious for getting calls. Notorious. 

You cant just throw false info.  notorious is your opinion.  its not a fact.  Again, if you brought something useful here you would blend in better.  We all come to chat hockey, bust each others humps once in a while, debate hockey and cheer for our bruins.  I have no idea what you offer at this point.  its your call what you do.  We dont own these boards.  But we dont wanna read the junk youve been putting on here either.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

GNB....the best thing you can do is just stop responding to him. Otherwise you are giving him what he wants.

Cheers

Wait for the game day thread tomorrow.  

Why is that?  All because the refs gave MOntreal 3 gift PPs and missed a too many men on the ice call to boot?

Boo hoo

Sure they did.  Why dont you do a bit of research on pp chances between the two clubs over the last couple years.  See who has had more pp chances.  

What about this year? I don't really care abou the last 2 years. Our PP has sucked anyway.  I want to know why the officiating gets really shoddy when Montreal is down 2 goals, and they actually look the other way on a too many men.

Why are you defending crappy officiating that basically was the reason for that loss?

Montreal is notorious for getting calls. Notorious. 

You cant just throw false info.  notorious is your opinion.  its not a fact.  Again, if you brought something useful here you would blend in better.  We all come to chat hockey, bust each others humps once in a while, debate hockey and cheer for our bruins.  I have no idea what you offer at this point.  its your call what you do.  We dont own these boards.  But we dont wanna read the junk youve been putting on here either.  

So, basically it's "junk" that I feel Montreal has tried to do things for decades in this league is famous for whining to the league office, plays by a different set of rules or hockey code with gutless weasels, tried to block a draft for YEARS before finally losing in 1961, etc.

Because I've done nothing here to provoke such attacks.  Point to the junk or stop the silly behavior.

I clearly cheer for this team in those game threads. 

Face it, you think you're some kind of a fanboy superfan which is what a lot of you do here and are overly sensitive if some says something you don't agree with, trying to put that person down, in this case, me.

You and the others come off like you have some superior knowledge, and quite frankly, I don't care. I am very confident in what I know about this game, its history and also like to learn from others.

But, if I do disagree and make a case for why, then that's what I am going to do.

Too bad if you don't like my negative opinion of Jacobs or if I felt Chia was dumb for announcing Subban isn't available or asking it peopel felt that was a bluff as a discussion for a thread.

I barely even post here!

Thats my point.  You are stating it as fact.  I argue with more then anyone in here but most of the time they are quality debates with good pts going back and forth and its normally with guys who are very smart in terms of their knowledge If you go back and read the last game day vs the habs it will tell you all you need to know.  

negative opinions are not new here.  But if its all you do are you truly a fan.  

I really dont care what you do.  I, like everyone(not just one guy or two) is tired of the act.  But what is the point of posting if all you get back is a firing squad. 

Cheers

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Dude, calm down. You seem like a good guy, but why is this such an issue? I was seriously very surprised at the first sentence in that quote.

That is correct that I was never a big fan of a one way offensive minded winger who doesn't backcheck, but that has nothing to do with my reaction.

I laughed thinking he came from Dallas, which is not a hockey town, and played in a good one like Philly (or even with decent ones like in Pitt or NYC), but it's not like he never would have had a taste for playing in Boston as a visiting player.   It's just odd that he wouldn't have remebered playing in Boston enough to know since he played 2 series in the postseason in the Garden early in his career, amongst other games. He also was temmates with guys like Oates in Washington who would have been familiar with playing here.

Everyone and their mother involved in the NHL or knowledgable fans know Boston is a HUGE hockeytown. Except for Jagr, apparently. lol

It just came off really flakey and I was curious if anyone else saw the quote or reacted similarly to me.

I have no issue with you not liking Jagr.  I quoted you to illustrate this but also to suggest this predetermined dislike for him has you peering into his words as if trying to find something that supports your belief about him.  Nothing more.  All calm on this end.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

RWTK,

did you not say that the habs are given extra pp and that the refs are told to do so?   You stated this as fact information.  Thats no opinion.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That's fine. At least you're articulating a point like an adult, which is fine. I introduced it because I was seriously laughing how a 20 year vet who played in the East Conf all this time would be surprised that Boston came off as a hockeytown.

IMO, I feel it's incredibly odd.

I think it's nothing more than him, now being in Boston and despite being aware of its rich hockey history has been surprised at the high level of hockey culture and its position in the public consciousness of that city.  Certainly not derogatory.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I didn't say "told" as in they get a call on their cellphones during the game.    Sports is a business. I'll leave it at that. If you don't think ratings, ad revenue, etc, are tied into how games are called, then you are beyond help.

It is the inclusion of comments like these that put people off.  This get's read as "If you don't agree with me, you are stupid.  I cannot be wrong."  That tends to rub people the wrong way.
      It makes you come across as arrogant and condescending.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

RWTK,

did you not say that the habs are given extra pp and that the refs are told to do so?   You stated this as fact information.  Thats no opinion.  

I didn't say "told" as in they get a call on their cellphones during the game.    Sports is a business. I'll leave it at that. If you don't think ratings, ad revenue, etc, are tied into how games are called, then you are beyond help.

That was a national game, too.

We just had a college ref investigation THIS WEEK and I know for a fact a replacement ref in the NFL this year publicly admitted that they were instructed to make calls or no call on certain kinds of plays.

So, yeah. I feel that is an influence.

Yes.

Montreal games are usually black outs bc of RDS in Canada.  Both these teams are massive markets.  Revenue is flowing.  Why would "the nhl" need to favor a team that hasnt won the cup in 20 yrs? 

have you ever been to montreal or anywhere in quebec.  The habs dont need to sell the game.  Also this game was in boston.  College ref was investigated for what?  Cheating?  So what, was he paid?  Found guilty of what?   Sure there are cheats in life, but if they are cheating for montreal they are doing a terrible job.  If memory serves me correct i believe the bruins led the league in pp last year.  

anyway, during that game its all you posted, im telling you that you are wrong if you believe the nhl, the refs and league favor montreal.  Do the habs dive?  100 percent(made up stat NAS). 

i just dont wanna read about it during the game thread.  Sure we all get poed when there is a stinky call. But news flash...we get them as well.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Learn to use the quote function correctly. 

Says a participant in this absuridty:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Says a participant in this absuridty:

Forget it NAS.

I am quite sure irony is not part of his lexicon....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I know, I know.  I just got done suggesting that someone else ignore him and then there I go responding to the dope.

Seriously, what a dope. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Dude, it's because it was a NATIONAL GAME.    The game wasn't just on in Montreal and Boston and for those who pay for the Center Ice package.

Get it?

Fair enough that calls can go both ways, but I cannot stand when the game changes in terms of how it is officiated, which in that case was very well to incredibly questionable and favorable for the team that was trailing.

Why is so offensive to you and the 3 other board regulars anyway?   They were crappy, at best borderline calls!

The last thing I want to see is a team's hard work be stripped from them due to the refs.

You called the delay of game penalty "questionable".  That's the rule.  Also, the Bruins had a PP in OT.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The formatting was just fine until these morons decided to get cute and ruin it for the fans as Tony Mazz is employed here, amongst others.

Do you live in Pakistan?

Mazz left the Globe.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

RWTK,

That was a national game, too.

We just had a college ref investigation THIS WEEK and I know for a fact a replacement ref in the NFL this year publicly admitted that they were instructed to make calls or no call on certain kinds of plays.

So, yeah. I feel that is an influence.

Yes.

Montreal games are usually black outs bc of RDS in Canada.  Both these teams are massive markets.  Revenue is flowing.  Why would "the nhl" need to favor a team that hasnt won the cup in 20 yrs? 

have you ever been to montreal or anywhere in quebec.  The habs dont need to sell the game.  Also this game was in boston.  College ref was investigated for what?  Cheating?  So what, was he paid?  Found guilty of what?   Sure there are cheats in life, but if they are cheating for montreal they are doing a terrible job.  If memory serves me correct i believe the bruins led the league in pp last year.  

anyway, during that game its all you posted, im telling you that you are wrong if you believe the nhl, the refs and league favor montreal.  Do the habs dive?  100 percent(made up stat NAS). 

i just dont wanna read about it during the game thread.  Sure we all get poed when there is a stinky call. But news flash...we get them as well.  

Dude, it's because it was a NATIONAL GAME.    The game wasn't just on in Montreal and Boston and for those who pay for the Center Ice package.

Get it?

Fair enough that calls can go both ways, but I cannot stand when the game changes in terms of how it is officiated, which in that case was very well to incredibly questionable and favorable for the team that was trailing.

Why is so offensive to you and the 3 other board regulars anyway?   They were crappy, at best borderline calls!

The last thing I want to see is a team's hard work be stripped from them due to the refs.

That makes no sense.  How does a few botched(so called) favor montreal in terms of revenue.  Every game here any penalty against the bruins is brutal.  its as sure as the sun coming up.  You made it out that the league cheats for the habs.  And now you are trying to sell it using revenue.  

A. The habs havent won in 20 yrs.  the cheater refs need to be fired

B.  The habs are one of the weathiest teams in sports with a massive cult following.  They dont need to sell the game for " revenue".  They are rolling in it.  

If as a fan you think its a bad call. Say so.  But to spew it throughout the game is a tad annoying. We all scream at the tv and spill our pretzels.  If you think a guy sucks so be it.  But if everything is negative and you challenge everyone you are getting exactly what you asked for.  

anyway.  Do as you want.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

It's not really the rule. The rule was interpreted incorrectly. The puck DEFLECTED off the shaft of his stick.

They should have seen that as a deflection, not a delay of game based on the defender shooting the puck in the stands.

He didn't initiate the puck movement.

Holy fa ck, you're an idiot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I know, I know.  I just got done suggesting that someone else ignore him and then there I go responding to the dope.

Seriously, what a dope. 

hypocrite....Tongue Out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Holy fa ck, you're an idiot.

Time for that cig.....

Sections
Shortcuts