Boston on lock down - Would call 50/50 the game being cancelled tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Boston on lock down - Would call 50/50 the game being cancelled tonight

Boston is on lock down right now as there has been a shootout with the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing.

MBTA service is shut down and they're advising all people to stay where they are.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Boston on lock down - Would call 50/50 the game being cancelled tonight

I think it'll be cancelled unless this situation is resolved very quickly.  You can't go from full lockdown to having 20,000 people come to North Station.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wow....stay safe out there.

Two idiot brothers seemed to have created all this carnage....unbelievable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Morning skate is now cancelled.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Just saw that on the news. Whether they play or not tonight, just stay safe guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I hope they don't cancel the game.  It would be another victory for the cowards.  Authorities seemingly have the younger brother holed up in a house in Watertown, which is far enough away from downtown that fans could get in and out of the city easily enough.  My guess is the little snake won't be taken alive - his final cowardly act on earth will be by his own hand.  Next we learn about their connection to Al Quaida.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Apparently someone is on his back and cuffed in Watertown, but who knows...?

I agree they should try to go on with the game if they can, but if transportation is shut down, that won't happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to nrguy's comment:

Just saw that on the news. Whether they play or not tonight, just stay safe guys.

I wanted to go to the game on Monday and I want to go to the game tonight. I will not cower to these cowards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Thank you Thomas Vanek. That salute Wednesday night was the frosting on the cake.

You know what the "C" on the sweater means.

and in Boston we will always be grateful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Didn't see the 'salute'. What was it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Didn't see the 'salute'. What was it?

a pic

http://nhl.cdnllnwnl.neulion.net/u/bruins/thumbs/240100_eb.jpg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In an interview with "Brave Steve Ott", a player that is generally disliked (or worse) by B's fans, he said, "We were all playing for Boston tonight, it doesn''t matter what color your jersey was".

I know many or most here cannot stand him, but I am a fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Steve Ott was on his best behavior Wednesday night but make no mistake he will go back to his chippy-intent-to-injure-ways as soon as the coast is clear. There is always a quick review of Ott's scumbagery littered all over the internet on video, well documented.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Haha well apparently Kaleta didn't get the memo because he was his usual scuzzy self on Wednesday night.  Ott can stick it too, how he played the other night had nothing to do with the Marathon bombings and everything to do with the Bruins not engaging emotionally or physically in order to rile him up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Haha well apparently Kaleta didn't get the memo because he was his usual scuzzy self on Wednesday night.  Ott can stick it too, how he played the other night had nothing to do with the Marathon bombings and everything to do with the Bruins not engaging emotionally or physically in order to rile him up.

Two questions, Hang.

1.  What did Kaleta do that was scuzzy?  I recall some hard hits, but nothing dirty.

2.  How do you know Ott's motivations or intentions? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In an interview with "Brave Steve Ott", a player that is generally disliked (or worse) by B's fans, he said, "We were all playing for Boston tonight, it doesn''t matter what color your jersey was".

I am now.  Still not a fan of his hockey style of play, but that is increasingly irrelevant when you hear about decency and kindness off the ice during a time like this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

1)  Kaleta took some runs (clean or not) at some of better players including Jagr, Hamilton, and DK.   The evidence shows that the Bruins were annoyed with his behavior.  Kaleta clearly targeted some of his "aggressiveness" toward players that do not have a history of giving a personal response although Jagr did give him a shot.

2) I can't speak about the intentions of Brave Steve that night although he does bring around a scuzzy history to his game.

In response to hangnail's comment:

Two questions, Hang.

1.  What did Kaleta do that was scuzzy?  I recall some hard hits, but nothing dirty.

2.  How do you know Ott's motivations or intentions? 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Thanks luc the Jagr and DK hits stuck in mind as ones that should have elicited a response.  As far as #2 goes, Ott told the media what they want to hear - a wolf in sheep's clothing if you will.  I'm sure that if Campbell wanted to go with him again it would have been business as usual. But he didn't, and no one else did either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I was touched by that also.

and yes I think the game will be canceled.  From a hockey standpoint it's starting to get touch the Bruins schedule packed in like this.

Catching this guy is important and the authorities had to do this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

David Ortiz is saying that the Sox game is cancelled. Likely true for Bruins too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Heard that the Red Sox have been cancelled, but not officially anounced yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If the lockdown helps them catch the evil scum, so be it.

From a hockey standpoint, if they have to cancel the game, don't bother with a makeup game. The B's and Pens have both clinched, and while there's a chance not playing it at all could impact seeding, is it really that big a deal if the Bruins have to play the Leafs instead of the Isles? There's not an open date left that wouldn't require the Bruins to play three nights in a row or/and another extension of the season.

Why bother with it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to red75's comment:

If the lockdown helps them catch the evil scum, so be it.

From a hockey standpoint, if they have to cancel the game, don't bother with a makeup game. The B's and Pens have both clinched, and while there's a chance not playing it at all could impact seeding, is it really that big a deal if the Bruins have to play the Leafs instead of the Isles? There's not an open date left that wouldn't require the Bruins to play three nights in a row or/and another extension of the season.

Why bother with it?

The CBA doesn't allow teams to play on 3 consecutive days. There is already talk of having a makeup game with the Pens on Tues ( April 30th ) and pushing the start of the playoffs till Thurs. ( May 2 )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

1)  Kaleta took some runs (clean or not) at some of better players including Jagr, Hamilton, and DK.   The evidence shows that the Bruins were annoyed with his behavior.  Kaleta clearly targeted some of his "aggressiveness" toward players that do not have a history of giving a personal response although Jagr did give him a shot.

2) I can't speak about the intentions of Brave Steve that night although he does bring around a scuzzy history to his game.

So, you can't recall anything dirty the guy did, but checking Bruins is "taking a run" at them, and therefore, his play was scuzzy.  Is this correct?

Sections
Shortcuts