Boston on lock down - Would call 50/50 the game being cancelled tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Boston on lock down - Would call 50/50 the game being cancelled tonight

In response to hangnail's comment:

Thanks luc the Jagr and DK hits stuck in mind as ones that should have elicited a response.  As far as #2 goes, Ott told the media what they want to hear - a wolf in sheep's clothing if you will.  I'm sure that if Campbell wanted to go with him again it would have been business as usual. But he didn't, and no one else did either.

How do you know Ott was saying what the media wanted to hear?  He seemed genuine in the interview.  Why assume he's a liar and a terrible person overall?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Just cancel the game, not really fair to have the Bruins play a bunch of meaningless games right before playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My wife is going to West Roxbury today then to Logan for a departure.  The games are different story altogether.  With polilce preoccupied it seems silly to put any strain on their departments.  Postpone but don't cancel.  The standings could change for a home team advantage....for what that is worth.  Meanwhile the B's can rest and threads on the B's needing rest can end.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Why not play at the Whale?  It's close enough.  

I'm all for safety first for the record.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Boston is on lock down right now as there has been a shootout with the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing.

MBTA service is shut down and they're advising all people to stay where they are.

Wish they would hurry up and call it one way or the other, I have a 2 hour drive to get there

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

1)  Kaleta took some runs (clean or not) at some of better players including Jagr, Hamilton, and DK.   The evidence shows that the Bruins were annoyed with his behavior.  Kaleta clearly targeted some of his "aggressiveness" toward players that do not have a history of giving a personal response although Jagr did give him a shot.

Apparently what Kaleta has done during NHL and Bruins games this season have been forgiven becuase of a stick salute.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I once did a certifiable clinical analysis on Ott's brain.  He's a deranged lunatic and a liar.  He's a bad, bad man and will blow your house down, NAS.  

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Thanks luc the Jagr and DK hits stuck in mind as ones that should have elicited a response.  As far as #2 goes, Ott told the media what they want to hear - a wolf in sheep's clothing if you will.  I'm sure that if Campbell wanted to go with him again it would have been business as usual. But he didn't, and no one else did either.

How do you know Ott was saying what the media wanted to hear?  He seemed genuine in the interview.  Why assume he's a liar and a terrible person overall?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In the midst of a manhunt I doubt the cops would be keen on a caravan of cars leaving the area carrying fans out of state to Conneticut. Sounds like a logistical nightmare for the cops.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I can hear the Brass Bonanza calling for the B's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

1)  Kaleta took some runs (clean or not) at some of better players including Jagr, Hamilton, and DK.   The evidence shows that the Bruins were annoyed with his behavior.  Kaleta clearly targeted some of his "aggressiveness" toward players that do not have a history of giving a personal response although Jagr did give him a shot.

Apparently what Kaleta has done during NHL and Bruins games this seasonhave been forgiven becuase of a stick salute.

The topic isn't other games this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

True dat, Red.  However, I'm sure the Whale would still fill up without the lovely residents from Watertown assuming that Depeche Mode or some other band is not playing there.   If the suspect is not in the corded off area, then he is long gone anyway. You won't have to worry about planes or trains since the only real way to get to Hartford is by car.  

In response to red75's comment:

In the midst of a manhunt I doubt the cops would be keen on a caravan of cars leaving the area carrying fans out of state to Conneticut. Sounds like a logistical nightmare for the cops.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I will clarify...all his hits were legal in my opinion.  However, he was on the border of finishing his checks a little late.  I used to do this to players that were very skilled myself to try to throw them off their game.  After they get rid of the puck, 1001-1002-1003 and try to hit them within that time frame---you push the envelope on the last two seconds and Kaleta did that to the skilled players I mentioned, thus the Bruins were pissed at him.  

2) I can't speak about the intentions of Brave Steve that night although he does bring around a scuzzy history to his game.

So, you can't recall anything dirty the guy did, but checking Bruins is "taking a run" at them, and therefore, his play was scuzzy.  Is this correct?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So, you're mad at Kaleta for playing Bruins Hockey (from yester-year)?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Unconfirmed, but here it is:

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 6m

Per a Boston police source, Bruins game has been cancelled for tonight. #BruinsTalk

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Per a Boston police source, Bruins game has been cancelled for tonight. #BruinsTalk

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

So, you're mad at Kaleta for playing Bruins Hockey (from yester-year)?

The Bruins of yesteryear do not discriminate--big, small, skilled, unskilled, it doesn't matter--I do think they show more coded respect for the "skilled" players of the game maybe with the exception of the Sedin sisters.    

I've always disliked Kaleta.  He discriminates in my estimation and carefully picks his battles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yes, the games aren't meaningless. Hopefully if/when they reschedule the game, it will be meaningless by the time they play it.

Having the Bs play 3 games in 4 nights before the start of the playoffs would not be a good way to enter the postseason.

I understand that some of you don't think professional athletes get tired but they do and I'd rather give up the 2nd seed for an extra couple days of rest.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't like Kaleta and the game the other night did nothing to change that one way or another.  He's always trying hammer skill players and trying to avoid tough players.  Same old story.  The Richards hit was awful. Nothing illegal the other night,  but I just don't like him.

Ott's another story.  I haven't liked the way he's played in the past either,  but he's not dirty like Kaleta.  And I found his comments after the game to be very sincere.  I bet he's a decent guy of the ice and doubt he has any motive to suck up to the media just to impress Boston.  I think he meant what he said.

Haven't we all played hockey with guys who are brutal on the ice and great guys off of it.  My roommate in college could be a dirty player for sure, drove people nuts.  Great guy off the ice.  Wouldn't hurt a fly. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Mass.gov @massgov

RT @boston_police: #CommunityAlert: Bruins Game, Red Sox Game, Big Apple Circus performance scheduled for tonite have been postponed

Retweeted by Zuri Berry

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone live in Watertown?  Looks like a war zone.  

I used to bartend and wait tables at the Oakley Country Club, a few blocks from last night's  shootout.  Haven't been there in 10 years though.  Hope this ends quietly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

(For the record, I can't stand Kaleta.  I think he's a coward.  I just didn't have a problem with the game he played a couple of nights ago.)

25. This post has been removed.