Boston on lock down - Would call 50/50 the game being cancelled tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: Boston on lock down - Would call 50/50 the game being cancelled tonight

I hoping that they don't reschedule the game. The rest we're getting now won't mean squat if we are forced to play another make up. We're already making up the Ottawa game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I don't like Kaleta and the game the other night did nothing to change that one way or another.  He's always trying hammer skill players and trying to avoid tough players.  Same old story.  The Richards hit was awful. Nothing illegal the other night,  but I just don't like him.

Ott's another story.  I haven't liked the way he's played in the past either,  but he's not dirty like Kaleta.  And I found his comments after the game to be very sincere.  I bet he's a decent guy of the ice and doubt he has any motive to suck up to the media just to impress Boston.  I think he meant what he said.

Haven't we all played hockey with guys who are brutal on the ice and great guys off of it.  My roommate in college could be a dirty player for sure, drove people nuts.  Great guy off the ice.  Wouldn't hurt a fly. 

I used to play with a woman who on the ice could have made Pat Verbeek look like a Lady Byng winner. Off the ice? She's a flipping kindergarten teacher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I read game rescheduled for Saturday 12:30

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Received a notice on my phone thru a Bruins app that the Pens' game has been postponed and will be played on 4/20 at 12:30 PM

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Wasn't Pitts supposed to play Buffalo tomorrow?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

That's rescheduled for Tuesday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Yes.  Moved to Tuesday. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The topic isn't other games this season.

There is no reason for me to change my opinion of either player becuase they didn't do there usual "Dale Hunter" style of play. One soft, nice interview and a stick salute isn't going cut it. Not for one game in Boston or the rest of their careers. Clearly I am on topic and have been all this thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Thanks luc the Jagr and DK hits stuck in mind as ones that should have elicited a response.  As far as #2 goes, Ott told the media what they want to hear - a wolf in sheep's clothing if you will.  I'm sure that if Campbell wanted to go with him again it would have been business as usual. But he didn't, and no one else did either.

How do you know Ott was saying what the media wanted to hear?  He seemed genuine in the interview.  Why assume he's a liar and a terrible person overall?

Not assuming this at all.  He was here to win a hockey game and would have done whatever it took to accomplish that goal.  The Sabres won the game.  Ott was in a god mood.  He put out a few cream puff quotes that made him look sympathetic to the situation, as I expect every other decent human being would do.  But this doesn't change how I feel about how he plays the game, which is really all I have to use to make my judgement on him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

There is no reason for me to change my opinion of either player becuase they didn't do there usual "Dale Hunter" style of play. One soft, nice interview and a stick salute isn't going cut it. Not for one game in Boston or the rest of their careers. Clearly I am on topic and have been all this thread.

You're the person who's talking about the stick salute.  I posted an interview quote that I thought was very nice and changed my opinion of the man overall.  I haven't said anything about his previous games or fighting Greg Campbell or whatever else.

It's a great statement and I appreciate it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You're the person who's talking about the stick salute.  I posted an interview quote that I thought was very nice and changed my opinion of the man overall.  I haven't said anything about his previous games or fighting Greg Campbell or whatever else.

It's a great statement and I appreciate it.

You sticking to your opinion is fine and it was a nice gesture on Steve's part...was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I love ott.  Would welcome him here.  He plays hard every night unlike lucic and horton.  Likely will be the next sabre captain.   I think ott would be a great bruin.  Kaleta is a different story.  Hate him.  I think his hits were fine but the zero response is bc we have a clown that should retire.  Orr didnt let kaleta skate away.  Dont wanna fight?   Too bad.  You are getting beat.  

This yrs bruins team went after hendricks bc there was no other player on that roster that could fight.   I didnt see ST trying to mount scott or kaleta or Orr and Neil earlier in the year.   

This yrs bruins are big.  Not very bad though.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'd take Ott in a heartbeat, if you look past his antics, which really wouldn't bother me that much on this team, he's an excellent hockey player. We could use some trouble makers on this squad, Milan and Brad have had their edges smoothed down pretty good by I won't mention any names.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I'd take Ott in a heartbeat, if you look past his antics, which really wouldn't bother me that much on this team, he's an excellent hockey player. We could use some trouble makers on this squad, Milan and Brad have had their edges smoothed down pretty good by I won't mention any names.

Marchand still has that fire.  Lucic has turned into penner before our eyes.  Ott has this streak in him that wants to win.   Hes skilled, a pest, will fight, can play on all situations.  Hes a character.  He crosses the line. But most guys who hit do.  

I would love him here.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Marchand still has that fire.  Lucic has turned into penner before our eyes.  Ott has this streak in him that wants to win.   Hes skilled, a pest, will fight, can play on all situations.  Hes a character.  He crosses the line. But most guys who hit do.  

I would love him here.   

Yeh - I also would have taken Clowe and Torres and babye Pev and horton... but I needed to move on from that one.

Wow - what a nasty bunch that would have been

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I love ott.  Would welcome him here.  He plays hard every night unlike lucic and horton.  Likely will be the next sabre captain.   I think ott would be a great bruin.  Kaleta is a different story.  Hate him.  I think his hits were fine but the zero response is bc we have a clown that should retire.  Orr didnt let kaleta skate away.  Dont wanna fight?   Too bad.  You are getting beat.  

This yrs bruins team went after hendricks bc there was no other player on that roster that could fight.   I didnt see ST trying to mount scott or kaleta or Orr and Neil earlier in the year.   

This yrs bruins are big.  Not very bad though.  

Orr was able to get Kaleta because the refs were already tied up with Scott and McLaren. Boston did the exact same thing to some Habs that tried to turtle on them and you've been complaining about it for a year and a half since. You're all over the place in this respect and Chris Neil is a pretender. That is all.  BTW, I was in Halifax for that hospitality expo. I had a good time even though nobody seemed to know any cops named Shupe. I'm starting to think you might be all in my imagination.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez, 

orr did his job bc he knows how to do it.  No code.  You are a punk running our guys.  Im beating you up.  Boston beat up on a habs team with no fighters.  And people here loved that and when they tried to goon hendricks.  I dont see the bruins doing these acts against buffalo or the leafs this year.  Why is that?   I think the bruins have the toughest team in the league.  Why is it always against teams that have no fighters.  And then why does everyone beat their chests like we are in the movie 300.  Ive seen numerous times this year where our guys who are supposed to do something do nothing.  Yet when a guy like hendricks fights horton hes a cheap shot goon.  

You should have let me know you were in town i would have bought you lunch.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

By the way dez,

chris neil wont be scratched from his lineup.  He is a major player for them.  Just like Ott is for buffalo.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

By the way dez,

chris neil wont be scratched from his lineup.  He is a major player for them.  Just like Ott is for buffalo.  

My Chris Neal remark was just a greasy shot before you even realized a fight had started. Very much like what Chris Neil and Subban like to pull. Did you see the latest fights they each had? One was a great battle. The other featured Subban.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

By the way dez,

My Chris Neal remark was just a greasy shot before you even realized a fight had started. Very much like what Chris Neil and Subban like to pull. Did you see the latest fights they each had? One was a great battle. The other featured Subban.

Nicely put.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PK shouldnt fight ever.  his fights belong in the nba. 

Neil on the other hand would be such an ideal Bruin.  never ever takes a night off. Ever.  I love him.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

By the way dez,

PS. How does neil do this in 150+ nhl fights.  You'd think people would catch on.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

By the way dez,

PS. How does neil do this in 150+ nhl fights.  You'd think people would catch on.  

That's true. People should catch on but it's not like he does it every time. Sometimes he's fighting Seidenberg.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I don't like Kaleta and the game the other night did nothing to change that one way or another.  He's always trying hammer skill players and trying to avoid tough players.  Same old story.  The Richards hit was awful. Nothing illegal the other night,  but I just don't like him.

Ott's another story.  I haven't liked the way he's played in the past either,  but he's not dirty like Kaleta.  And I found his comments after the game to be very sincere.  I bet he's a decent guy of the ice and doubt he has any motive to suck up to the media just to impress Boston.  I think he meant what he said.

Haven't we all played hockey with guys who are brutal on the ice and great guys off of it.  My roommate in college could be a dirty player for sure, drove people nuts.  Great guy off the ice.  Wouldn't hurt a fly. 

For sure,  those are the types you hate to play against but love to have on your team.

As for Ott he won two of the most important faceoffs the other night.  1st one was what led to the game tying goal and the 2nd was in OT the last faceoff in his own end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

By the way dez,

That's true. People should catch on but it's not like he does it every time. Sometimes he's fighting Seidenberg.

Chara fights emelin and regehr?  And jumped them.  And Neil fought Chara the next game.   I didnt see chara jumping scott after he roughed up jagr?  

You can think what you want about Neil.  To say he picks his spots is completely wrong.  

Sections
Shortcuts