Boston v. Tampa Game Thread (21/02)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Boston v. Tampa Game Thread (21/02)

Could be an interesting one. The Lightning were beaten up by the Leafs physically a few days ago and will be highly motivated. The B's have not played, it seems, since the last ice age.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Boston v. Tampa Game Thread (21/02)

Just win this gm., the Bruins had a good rest. Heavy forechecking and discipline d zone hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Just win this gm., the Bruins had a good rest. Heavy forechecking and discipline d zone hockey.

Agreed, the rest was a blessing in disguise considering the flu issues earlier this week. TB is vulnerable right now. Bad goaltending, inconsistent d, and little scoring depth so far. They beat TO on the scoresheet but took their lumps and looked like a team with little confidence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Agreed, the rest was a blessing in disguise considering the flu issues earlier this week. TB is vulnerable right now. Bad goaltending, inconsistent d, and little scoring depth so far. They beat TO on the scoresheet but took their lumps and looked like a team with little confidence.

[/QUOTE]

Actually jm I was looking at GF/GA stats the other night and TB is #1 in the East in GF - a full 1/2 goal/game ahead of #2 Pittsburgh.  They can put the puck in the net.  The B's have to be careful they don't let TB's scorers go all Vanek on them - I want to see a tight, defensive road game tonight and hopefully expose Lindback by burying their chances early.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Actually jm I was looking at GF/GA stats the other night and TB is #1 in the East in GF - a full 1/2 goal/game ahead of #2 Pittsburgh.  They can put the puck in the net.  The B's have to be careful they don't let TB's scorers go all Vanek on them - I want to see a tight, defensive road game tonight and hopefully expose Lindback by burying their chances early.

Yes, but most of that firepower is concentrated in their top five forwards. The bottom 6 are as invisible as you are going to get.....hence, little depth. If the B's can role 4 lines they will wear TB out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Yes, but most of that firepower is concentrated in their top five forwards. The bottom 6 are as invisible as you are going to get.....hence, little depth. If the B's can role 4 lines they will wear TB out.

Ok got it.  Hopefully the B's top 6 can outscore TB's top 6 because that's where the goals will be coming from tonight.  Hope the B's have solid D zone coverage and can convert their chances on a suspect goalie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ok got it.  Hopefully the B's top 6 can outscore TB's top 6 because that's where the goals will be coming from tonight.  Hope the B's have solid D zone coverage and can convert their chances on a suspect goalie.

Good point. Could be difficult considering the stars they have. I am hoping our bottom six can help on the scoresheet tonight, they really need to step it up a bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Yeah, i think while the Bruins top 6 HAS to get on the score sheet tonight, their secondary scoring is one of the bigger keys to a win tonight...good d as well obviously.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The flu could still be in their system. Could be a long tiring 3 periods. Bruins need the early start to win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The one thing lacking in the Bruins game is hitting and lots of it. When the Bruins hit they score. If they started to hit on the PP they would score. I blame the lack of size on the 3 ed line for this because of the lack of scoring. We have the Best PK and should use  it to our advantage and go for it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Chris Bourque-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Aaron Johnson, Lane MacDermid, Jay Pandolfo

Storylines: This will be the Bruins first look at former teammate Benoit Pouliot. The one-year Bruin has been skating on Tampas second line with Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis. Pouliot has five goals and eight assists. The Bruins have scored power-play goals in three of the last four games.  The Bruins will travel to Fort Lauderdale after tonights game. They are scheduled to practice on Saturday prior to Sundays game against the Panthers. Cory Conacher is a candidate for the Calder Trophy as the leagues top rookie. The first-line winger has five goals and nine assists. Conacher has been playing alongside Steven Stamkos. Rob Martell and Dan OHalloran will be the referees. Darren Gibbs and Steve Barton will be the linesmen."

Beware of P00 P00s revenge...Oh no I just noticed the Refs..Good Luck Bruins PK!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

The one thing lacking in the Bruins game is hitting and lots of it. When the Bruins hit they score. If they started to hit on the PP they would score. I blame the lack of size on the 3 ed line for this because of the lack of scoring. We have the Best PK and should use  it to our advantage and go for it.

The Bruins remind me more of the Red Wings right now, than they do of the Big, Bad Bruins.  I see them more focused on puck possession and positioning, then I do on hitting.  I am not saying it is a bad thing to emulate the Red Wings, but I prefer a little bit more grit to a game.  My contention is that the Bruins forwards have not taken the body, when taking the body is the right play.  I see them stick checking more then body checking.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

20 minutes to go.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Well, we know Tampa can score, so I guess the question becomes, "Can Boston score?"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Chris Bourque-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Dennis Seidenberg-Dougie Hamilton
    Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Aaron Johnson, Lane MacDermid, Jay Pandolfo

Storylines: This will be the Bruins first look at former teammate Benoit Pouliot. The one-year Bruin has been skating on Tampas second line with Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis. Pouliot has five goals and eight assists. The Bruins have scored power-play goals in three of the last four games.  The Bruins will travel to Fort Lauderdale after tonights game. They are scheduled to practice on Saturday prior to Sundays game against the Panthers. Cory Conacher is a candidate for the Calder Trophy as the leagues top rookie. The first-line winger has five goals and nine assists. Conacher has been playing alongside Steven Stamkos. Rob Martell and Dan OHalloran will be the referees. Darren Gibbs and Steve Barton will be the linesmen."

Beware of P00 P00s revenge...Oh no I just noticed the Refs..Good Luck Bruins PK!

Thanks San that was my next question. Any changes due to flu or whatnot. Go bruins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

i love watching Stamkos set up for the one-timer..Hedman seems to be playing with a little more snarl latley...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Try to bottle up the great Stamkos line  and try to capitalize on TB defense. Not playing since Sunday night they need to get a quick jump,plus with 1/2 of our  team getting over the flu might play a factor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Horton can score!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Horton.....assist to Hamilton. Good start.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

i love watching Stamkos set up for the one-timer..Hedman seems to be playing with a little more snarl latley...

Getting punched in the face by Kadri will do that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bergeron scores. Lindberger is horrible so far...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

OMG... could tonight be the night we see Boston scoring???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Horton ! 1-0  PB 2-0  jump on the TB defense yes. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good kill...happy for Hamilton who took that rather dumb penalty.