Boston vs Detroit round 1 thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Boston vs Detroit round 1 thread.

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Not going to worry as its only game 1, but Boston can't continue to be standing still. And they need stop trying to be fancy. And Lucic that's total bush league and garbage!!! Hope u get suspended for that!!

Yep, total garbage... never thought I'd see it from him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Totally embarrassing is what that is! I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he did it to Emelin, but not now!  P.O.S move and inexcusable!  

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Cant believe we could have played all year with Florek over ST ....Florek missed the best chance of the game 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Not good!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

There you go Lucic!  Karma is a bi tch! BI TCH! Looks good on ya! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Soon or later I knew palying with dead woods would hurt the team ....ST has no business to do in this series NO WAY....its ridiculous when you know you have a skater like Spooner that could generate offence and so much speed .....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

President trophy winners ya right!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Soon or later I knew palying with dead woods would hurt the team ....ST has no business to do in this series NO WAY....its ridiculous when you know you have a skater like Spooner that could generate offence and so much speed .....

That was Bergy's man who scored the goal... Thornton no where in sight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spike77. Show Spike77's posts

Not gunna hit panich  button yet but that was brutal. If they keep playen like that we won't have to worry about Habs beaten us

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Totally embarrassing is what that is! I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he did it to Emelin, but not now!  P.O.S move and inexcusable!  

Ok Nite,we get the point,time to move on,study the game film and make some adjustments.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

Ahhhh, there it is. One loss, already a ship jumper.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

only NAS was dumb enough to think the Bruins would win in 4...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Who cares about the President trophy...we have the less talented player among the 2 teams and that is a shame for the team for the organization, for the fans and for our pride ...I could see Spooner on the 4th who would bring deepth to that line ...would bring speed and production...but no we stick with slowmo the f...Turtle ....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH we're in the playoffs not in the pre season...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

U bet if the ship includes slowmoe the Turtle I jump in the sea

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

only NAS was dumb enough to think the Bruins would win in 4...

Count me as dumb too then.I don't really care how long it takes but the B's will prevail.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

-Small, fast teams are a bad match-up for the Bruins. This could get real bad.

-Lucic needs to stop the cheap shots. No way to justify that.

-People need to quit responding to Stanley, so that the majority of us, who have the good sense to have him on ignore, don't have to be exposed to his never-ending regurgitation of his myopic views on certain hockey players.

I see Stanley is still calling for his beloved Spooner, but the fact the Bruins were down 2 forwards, and Spooner still did not get the call, was kind of surprising, and is an indication too me, that they are not that high on him.

Bad time of year for a flu bug, but this team seems to thrive on adversity. They were sluggish for a few games after the Olympic break, then went on that tremendous roll.

I am hoping they can do it again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I thought the wings got away with a lot of interference.  The b's rarely got 2 or 3 forwards in on the forecheck because they were being obstructed,  They did just enough not to get a penalty.  B's have to find away around that and get more shots on net and expose Howard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

My Friend not a ship jumper just stating a fact!!! we didn't play like a team that was considered the best team in the league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bruins in 5!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hindsight is 50/50 and I think last night was to be expected in some way.  The Bruins have been coasting the last 10 games or so and playing with no intensity as they had nothing to play for.  The Red Wings have been playing essentially playoff hockey for the last 20 games or so as they were trying to make the playoffs.  So the Bruins have some rust and Wings have been in playoff mode for a while.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Hindsight is 50/50 and I think last night was to be expected in some way.  The Bruins have been coasting the last 10 games or so and playing with no intensity as they had nothing to play for.  The Red Wings have been playing essentially playoff hockey for the last 20 games or so as they were trying to make the playoffs.  So the Bruins have some rust and Wings have been in playoff mode for a while.

My thinking as well. Lets get the rust out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I thought hindsight was 20/20.  Either way, I expect "playoff beast mode" Krejci to make an appearance Sunday.  Bruins in 5!

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

-Small, fast teams are a bad match-up for the Bruins. This could get real bad.

-Lucic needs to stop the cheap shots. No way to justify that.

-People need to quit responding to Stanley, so that the majority of us, who have the good sense to have him on ignore, don't have to be exposed to his never-ending regurgitation of his myopic views on certain hockey players.

I see Stanley is still calling for his beloved Spooner, but the fact the Bruins were down 2 forwards, and Spooner still did not get the call, was kind of surprising, and is an indication too me, that they are not that high on him.

Bad time of year for a flu bug, but this team seems to thrive on adversity. They were sluggish for a few games after the Olympic break, then went on that tremendous roll.

I am hoping they can do it again.

They gave the "small, fast" Wings one goal late in the third.  People were talking about the Leafs' speed last year when the Leafs came back on the Bruins, but remember how the Bruins absolutely dominated them for whole periods when they'd wake up and realize the Laffs, despite their reputation and experience, were not going to roll over?  It was like the Red Army vs. TimBits out there.  That game will come.

As for Spooner, I don't think they picked Florek over Spooner because of anything Spooner's done wrong.  Spooner had an assist on the OT winner last night, is right on pace to match his scoring rate from last year - just under point/game - and only Florek and Sweethands have a better +/- on that team.  If anything, the "problem" is they need a high energy third line winger who can play a Kelly-like game.  Florek's been good in his limited viewing - skates hard all over the ice, sound positional player, and he had some scoring touch in his first go-round.  There's also the P-Bruins playoffs to think about - a lot of guys down there with a bad taste in their mouths after last year.  Spooner's value in Providence is probably much better than in Boston, and leading their O in the playoffs is likely better for his development, too. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Bruins in 5!

Yip yip!  Also, wow this new forum is hard to look at on my phone.  I can't read who the Bruins 'fans' are that are calling for a Lucic suspension. But on topic, the Bruins adjusted well in the second and had a solid effort. I hope Miller and Bartowski are back for game 2, we need better breakouts and Potter almost caused a goal if not for Rask. No question that the Red Wings are better than their 8 seed, but the Bruins are #1 for a reason.

Sections
Shortcuts