Boston vs Habs series thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Boston vs Habs series thread.

OK boys and girls time for round 2. So lets keep all talk here for easy reading during this series. So I shell start off by saying I have been watching the Bruins and Habs playoffs since the too many men on the ice game back in the Cherry days so have witnessed it all. 

The habs always seem to get up for the Bruins and this will be no different. So The Bruins have to win the first 2 games at home to win the series. If the habs come away with a split the Bruins might be in trouble. Remember folks, this is not the same Hab team we beat a few years back, they are faster and they have a Bruin Killer in Vanek.  Once the Series goes back to Montreal they have the fans and refs on their side.

The Bruins should beat this team as I think we are bigger and have 4 awesome lines and a world class goalie. The Bruins need to stop the habs from breaking out of their zone and hit hit hit to wear them down and to stay out of the Sin bin as the Habs with the power play will pose a problem. Saying that, special teams will win this series.

So folks sit back and enjoy this round as I have for the last 35 odd yrs as it's going to be a war. and hoping the Bruins come out healthy and ready for their next round. So the Bruins in 6.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Boston vs Habs series thread.

You say it's not the Habs the Bruins beat a few years back.  I want to add it's not the Bruins of a few years ago.  These Bruins are better than any Bruins team I've ever seen.  They're better than 2011 and 2013.  Last year the Bruins didn't have a third line.  Soderberg changed that.  In 2011, they had three lines, but the difference for me is the defence.  Kaberle led the dmen in scoring that year.  The way Krug and even Hamilton are playing brings these Bruins to another level.  We don't see "Bruins need a PMD" threads anymore.  The loss of Seidenberg is big but, Boychuk is better than previous years and Miller is also helping out.  Also, the Bruins finally have a great PP.

Bruins in 5.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You say it's not the Habs the Bruins beat a few years back.  I want to add it's not the Bruins of a few years ago.  These Bruins are better than any Bruins team I've ever seen.  They're better than 2011 and 2013.  Last year the Bruins didn't have a third line.  Soderberg changed that.  In 2011, they had three lines, but the difference for me is the defence.  Kaberle led the dmen in scoring that year.  The way Krug and even Hamilton are playing brings these Bruins to another level.  We don't see "Bruins need a PMD" threads anymore.  The loss of Seidenberg is big but, Boychuk is better than previous years and Miller is also helping out.  Also, the Bruins finally have a great PP.

Bruins in 5.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

[/QUOTE]

I agree the Bruins are better also and we have a great D.  Me thinks they will try and exploit Chara with speed to penetrate our own end of the rink and that's why we can't let them gain that speed. And yes our PP will be a key to victory.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree the Bruins are better also and we have a great D.  Me thinks they will try and exploit Chara with speed to penetrate our own end of the rink and that's why we can't let them gain that speed. And yes our PP will be a key to victory.

[/QUOTE]

How does a team exploit Chara with speed?  Please explain that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Montreal defense is average.  Subban is a great offensive player, diver extraordinare.  Price and Rask are a wash.  The Bs advantage is the third line.  Bruins in 6 in Montreal.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Wings won season series 3-1 and lost in 5.

Habs also won season series 3-1, and their delusion will end in 5.

This playoff might be a total original six affair for the Bruins: Wings and Habs, then Rangers and Blackhawk. How cool is that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With speed did you watch the Chicago series last year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Chicago series was in the SCF's,not the second round,Chara had an injury he wouldn't use as an excuse in post series interviews,Chara will be ready,i don't see it as a problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I joke when I say B's in four.  This Montreal team is pretty good.  They aren't as good as the B's, but a few bounces and a few saves go a long way in a seven game series.  Price is a fantastic goalie.  He's no Howard or Gustaffson.

On defense, Markov moves the puck well, Emelin and Gorges shut guys down and Subban is a helluva skater with a helluva shot that rarely gets caught out of position.

Up front, Pleckanic and Pacioretti can score. (Probably spelled those wrong, don't care.)  Gallagher is as annoying as Marchand.  Prust takes no guff.  Briere and Gionta are the old guard who can still get stuff done.

And then there's Vanek.  Save me the stupidity of "Bruin Killer". He's a great scorer and will undoubtedly light the lamp in the upcoming games.

Overall, the B's will have their hands full shutting down star players, but past some really dangerous forwards, there not much else.  The B's have Soderberg and Eriksson on the third line for Christssakes!

I truly think the Habs take two and the B's win in six.  However, for the fun of it and for the fun of annoying all worrywarts, I'm posting B's In 4 all over the place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Person A:  They will try to exploit Chara with speed.

Person B:  How does a team exploit Chara with speed.

Person C:  With Speed.

Kitchener, you're fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well just like I said we are as strong as our weakest link. That might be Chara. Not taking anything away from Chara he is one heck of a player, but he can't handle speedy forwards like Montreal has and they will use that to their advantage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Chicago series was in the SCF's,not the second round,Chara had an injury he wouldn't use as an excuse in post series interviews,Chara will be ready,i don't see it as a problem.

[/QUOTE]

Don't really think it will either Bruins have a more mobile deff this year,and Chara not playing as much so as not to get worn down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

[QUOTE]

I joke when I say B's in four.  This Montreal team is pretty good.  They aren't as good as the B's, but a few bounces and a few saves go a long way in a seven game series.  Price is a fantastic goalie.  He's no Howard or Gustaffson.

On defense, Markov moves the puck well, Emelin and Gorges shut guys down and Subban is a helluva skater with a helluva shot that rarely gets caught out of position.

Up front, Pleckanic and Pacioretti can score. (Probably spelled those wrong, don't care.)  Gallagher is as annoying as Marchand.  Prust takes no guff.  Briere and Gionta are the old guard who can still get stuff done.

And then there's Vanek.  Save me the stupidity of "Bruin Killer". He's a great scorer and will undoubtedly light the lamp in the upcoming games.

Overall, the B's will have their hands full shutting down star players, but past some really dangerous forwards, there not much else.  The B's have Soderberg and Eriksson on the third line for Christssakes!

I truly think the Habs take two and the B's win in six.  However, for the fun of it and for the fun of annoying all worrywarts, I'm posting B's In 4 all over the place.

[/QUOTE]

Well said and totally agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The B's are fairly healthy and firing on all cylinders. They are deeper, more well coached, and play the proverbial "heavy" game better suited for playoff hockey. 

Montreal feels like world beaters, but Tampa may well have been the worst playoff team I've ever seen in all my years of watching hockey. They were atrocious.

Montreal is a decent squad but I don't think they can hang with the Bruins at all. This one is over in 5 unless the refs call every half gainer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The B's are fairly healthy and firing on all cylinders. They are deeper, more well coached, and play the proverbial "heavy" game better suited for playoff hockey. 

Montreal feels like world beaters, but Tampa may well have been the worst playoff team I've ever seen in all my years of watching hockey. They were atrocious.

Montreal is a decent squad but I don't think they can hang with the Bruins at all. This one is over in 5 unless the refs call every half gainer.

[/QUOTE]

Well said and atrocious might be too kind of a word to describe them.The Tampa series definitely gave the Scab fan base an over inflated view of their team,which is ok by me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

just like I said we are as strong as our weakest link. That might be Chara. Not taking anything away from Chara he is one heck of a player, but he can't handle speedy forwards like Montreal has and they will use that to their advantage.

Kitch <edit...my bad, Ramz>, gotta disagree here. In the last series we all heard about how fast guys like Nyquist, Tatar, and Abdelkader were and what problems they presented. They were completely invisible. The sheer wingspan and positioning of Chara negates any speed Montreal has except on 2 on 1's. Speaking of...who are these speed demons Montreal has? Desharnais? Gallagher? Galchenyuk? Sure they're fast but not Nyquist fast. I wouldn't consider Briere (any more), Vanek, Patches or Gionta speed merchants. 

If Chara is the Bruins weak link then the Bruins are going to sweep every team in their path on the way to the cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If you were worried about the Red Wings, then I guess you are really worried about the Habs. If you didn't like the Wings clutch and grab game, you are really going to hate the Habs dive and embellish style. The Habs are not a better team but they sure get under the Bruins skin. I look to Iginla, Loui, Smith and the Yeti to change things.

Bruins in 5

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

As long as Bruins stay disciplined they will be ok,we all know how the Scabs can get under the Bruins skin,Bruins just have to use there size and where the smurfs down,and I'm still not convinced Price is all that,yeah he has a gold medal,but with the team he had in front of him,heck Canada could have won with me in net.Now on the flip side lets hope that Rask's is better in the playoffs against Mont than he has been in  reg season games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Well just like I said we are as strong as our weakest link. That might be Chara. Not taking anything away from Chara he is one heck of a player, but he can't handle speedy forwards like Montreal has and they will use that to their advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Chara can handle anything any team wants to throw at him.  He's a Norris Trophy winner having a Norris trophy year.  If blowing by Chara because you can skate fast was that easy, teams would do it often.  Chara's not some big, slow lughead (See:  John Scott).  He can move and he can anticipate.  What he does lack in speed he makes up for in positioning.  

Please, oh please oh please oh please let Chara (one of the best players in the world) be the Bruins weakest link.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Red Wings are faster and bigger than the habs...

BRUINS in 5 .....but not a big surprise if they win in 4

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Screw the Habs!

Obviously they give the B's problems but this B's team is beyond focused. Anyone giving Marchand crap needs to chill. If he gets opportunities like those 3 again I guarantee he buries them, no doubt in my mind. Soderberg is a freakin beast and eventually he'll set up Loui for 2-3 goals as well. the looch line is solid as always. and still the fourth line has been getting very good chances as well! all four lines are killing it.

The young guys on D are playing very well and if that keeps up we're in business.

Does anyone know the status of Pallie or Kelly in the upcoming series? It would be REALLY nice to get them back.

Anyway I think this still goes atleast 6-7 games

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's going 7 because it is the Bruins vs the Shabs. Oh I did have to mention to Canadien fan out here last night "You won't be shooting against a backup in this round"...clammed right up.

Can't wait!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What no more ranting about ST? Didn't you predict we were going to lose to the Wings?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What no more ranting about ST? Didn't you predict we were going to lose to the Wings?

[/QUOTE]

Come on.  He's not even fun.  Put him on ignore!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I say the Bruins in 5.  Bs will have to stay disciplined and not take bad penalties and be hard all series long on Vanek and Subban. 

Sections
Shortcuts