Boston vs Habs series thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Boston vs Habs series thread.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red Wings are faster and bigger than the habs...

BRUINS in 5 .....but not a big surprise if they win in 4

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

[/QUOTE]

What no more ranting about ST? Didn't you predict we were going to lose to the Wings?

[/QUOTE]

Come on.  He's not even fun.  Put him on ignore!

[/QUOTE]

Like I said carrying dead load is a minus for a team and I've said that it would be a miracle on ice if the BRUINS would beat the Wings ....wich they did ....lets hope Paille comes back and the BRUINS keep Florek vs ST .....THE BRUINS would not lose one single game against the habs with that line up

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Bruins in 7. This is going to be a fun one. One thing we can count on is something will happen during this series that will be worthy of it's own thread. It does not get any better than this. Boston vs Montreal, nothing in all of sports beats it. Nothing.

Keys to this series for me is how well the Bruins compose themselves. Detroit could not handle the physical part of the B's. Montreal seems to use it against them. Habs want to see the Bruins play physical and let their emotions get the best of them.

I wonder what the status of Galchenyuk is for this series. He's a big part of their offense. Gionta always seems to raise his game against the Bruins, Briere is a playoff guy etc...

I can't wait.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think a deciding factor could be Price,he hasn't faced the bruins this year,imo he can be had as witnessed in the first Tampa/Scabs game,he can be rattled but he can be real good as well,we'll see which Price turns up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think the Bruins found their niche. Next 2 rounds for them will be 5 games or less! The goaltending isn't a wash at all. I like Price, but he's no Tuukka! The B's won't fall into the trap. The referees will make life harder on Boston, but not enough to make a difference.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I don't care how long it goes just beat these a-holes or their fans will be insufferable. I think the Bruins will be more disciplined than we've seen them against the Habs in the reg season. No Boychuk like blow ups (his incident with the Habs diving Dman last game) unless its after a game is already decided. We now have a weapon for a powerplay instead of wishing they could just decline penalties like in football. We are better than at any point since the early 70s.

Bruins in 6.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The B's PP has been great,and it will be again against Montreal,remember the days when it was back to Chara and he'd let it fly,that was it,back to Zdeno,shot,blocked,cleared & repeat over,Krug ,Hamilton & King Carl have been massive in the overhaul. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Price is 7-11 in the playoffs against the Bruins and lost the last two playoffs series. Rask had more playoff series wins last year than Price has his entire career. This years Tampa Bay series included.

Eat it Montreal trolls!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The B's PP has been great,and it will be again against Montreal,remember the days when it was back to Chara and he'd let it fly,that was it,back to Zdeno,shot,blocked,cleared & repeat over,Krug ,Hamilton & King Carl have been massive in the overhaul. 

I have a feeling that Vanek & the movie goer will be non factors in this series. Bourque will come back down to earth. Emelin won't finish the series, because he'll be trying to continue to use the hip check on Lucic & hurt himself. P.K & Markov will be the 2 on the Habs that will have a positive impact and it won't be much. The one game that the Habs win will be a steal from Carey Price. But that'll be the only sniff they get. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Ramz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree the Bruins are better also and we have a great D.  Me thinks they will try and exploit Chara with speed to penetrate our own end of the rink and that's why we can't let them gain that speed. And yes our PP will be a key to victory.

[/QUOTE]

How does a team exploit Chara with speed?  Please explain that.

[/QUOTE]

They can bring in Phil Kessel like speed to exploit Chara.. Oh wait a minute... lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Price is 7-11 in the playoffs against the Bruins and lost the last two playoffs series. Rask had more playoff series wins last year than Price has his entire career. This years Tampa Bay series included.

Eat it Montreal trolls!

[/QUOTE]

The Montreal trolls should remember that their team beat a Tampa team that had their backup in and the Tampa D were worse than a non playoff AHL team,it was pathetic to watch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Bruins in 5. They'll lose a game in Montreal because the refs pee their pants in the Bell Center.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Habs aren't a bad team but I can only seem them winning one. Plus, I want to hear everyone in the TD Garden singing 'Ole Ole Ole' in the dying seconds of Game 5. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thank God the Bruins will not down play the Habs like some of you. Average D
    ? You have to be kidding .  Markov and Emelin come as close to any shut down pair in the league.  Georges is one of the best shot blockers in the league and Subban, well we all know what he can do.

Krejci has never played well against Plekanec. Wonder if Lucic will still remain friends with Gallagher by the end of this series. They'll be gong head to head.

Bergeron line will have hands full with their 1st line Pacioretty,Vanek and Desharnais.

This series will be played by how good your3rd and 4th lines are .  Their 3rd line Bourque-Eller-Gionta, 4th line Moen-Brière-Weise,  Bruins have the edge against their 3rd line , the 4th it's  wash.

They are not push overs and they are also much better than in 2011.  Bruins in 6 or 7. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

? You have to be kidding .  Markov and Emelin come as close to any shut down pair in the league.  Georges is one of the best shot blockers in the league and Subban, well we all know what he can do.

[/QUOTE]

Oh here we go.

I recall zero times where Emelin was a factor in shutting down the B's.

When has Gorges blocking shots been an issue?

Markov is well past his prime.

Subban is a great player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Krejci has never played well against Plekanec. Wonder if Lucic will still remain friends with Gallagher by the end of this series. They'll be gong head to head.

Bergeron line will have hands full with their 1st line Pacioretty,Vanek and Desharnais.

This series will be played by how good your3rd and 4th lines are .  Their 3rd line Bourque-Eller-Gionta, 4th line Moen-Brière-Weise,  Bruins have the edge against their 3rd line , the 4th it's  wash.

They are not push overs and they are also much better than in 2011.  Bruins in 6 or 7. 

[/QUOTE]

"Paranoia,self destroy ya"-Ray Davies

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So are the Bruins,much better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

for a moment there i thought you were talking about the Habs of the 70's....  surprised you're still picking the B'S to win out....

if B'S are to win it'll be because their top players were better than the sHabs top were....

B'S in 6....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Okay Bruins in 5 , you all convinced me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Okay Bruins in 5 , you all convinced me. 

[/QUOTE]

Lol,thats the spirit BsL ! And we didn't even have to put you on the rack!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I agree the Bruins are better also and we have a great D.  Me thinks they will try and exploit Chara with speed to penetrate our own end of the rink and that's why we can't let them gain that speed. And yes our PP will be a key to victory.

How does a team exploit Chara with speed?  Please explain that.

Well just like I said we are as strong as our weakest link. That might be Chara. Not taking anything away from Chara he is one heck of a player, but he can't handle speedy forwards like Montreal has and they will use that to their advantage.

Ramz, don't you think his positioning helps to level out those fast forwards you speak of? The Wings had pretty swift guys too. Why is my editing 5 stories high??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There you go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

I joke when I say B's in four.  This Montreal team is pretty good.  They aren't as good as the B's, but a few bounces and a few saves go a long way in a seven game series.  Price is a fantastic goalie.  He's no Howard or Gustaffson.

On defense, Markov moves the puck well, Emelin and Gorges shut guys down and Subban is a helluva skater with a helluva shot that rarely gets caught out of position.

Up front, Pleckanic and Pacioretti can score. (Probably spelled those wrong, don't care.)  Gallagher is as annoying as Marchand.  Prust takes no guff.  Briere and Gionta are the old guard who can still get stuff done.

And then there's Vanek.  Save me the stupidity of "Bruin Killer". He's a great scorer and will undoubtedly light the lamp in the upcoming games.

Overall, the B's will have their hands full shutting down star players, but past some really dangerous forwards, there not much else.  The B's have Soderberg and Eriksson on the third line for Christssakes!

I truly think the Habs take two and the B's win in six.  However, for the fun of it and for the fun of annoying all worrywarts, I'm posting B's In 4 all over the place.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL

[/QUOTE]

I say they shut guys down.  I didn't say they are top of the league at it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I say they shut guys down.  I didn't say they are top of the league at it.  

Ok and I said come close to any shut down pair in the league.  Did not say "top" . There could be a big difference between top (Seabrook-Keith) and come close to any in the league (Daley-Gologoski) Emelin - Markov are pretty good.

I'm excited though to see Lucic go after Emelin like he did against Komisarek in 2008.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Question: isn't Markov the guy the B's have smoked repeatedly in the playoffs? I remember him as the guy we wanted on the ice as much as possible, because he sucked. Sure enough, I looked up his stats... career -3 player in the playoffs.

Chara, the guy who can't keep up with anyone and is the Bruins' "weak link" is a career +33 in the playoffs. The bum.

Didn't Detroit have tons of speed that was going to expose Chara and the Boston D?

Nyquist: 5gp 0-0-0 -1

Tatar: 5gp 0-0-0 -3

Helm: 5gp 0-1-1 -3

Datsyuk was the only Wing who showed up for 5 games.

Canadiens are a solid team who give the B's fits, so this could go 6-7 games, but over the course of a series I don't see them taking the B's out.

It says here that Krecji and Marchand find their games in Round 2, and the B's take it in 6.