Boston vs Habs series thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Boston vs Habs series thread.

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

for a moment there i thought you were talking about the Habs of the 70's....  surprised you're still picking the B'S to win out....

if B'S are to win it'll be because their top players were better than the sHabs top were....

B'S in 6....

[/QUOTE]

Don't be silly. My point is many here are dissing the Habs and under estimating them. That's why I'm pointing out what the Habs have and will bring in this series .

While I agree Bruins will win the series Habs are no push overs.

It's not the lunch pail Bruins against "les Glorieux" of the late 70s

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I wonder  what games in this series  Francois St. Laurent and Francis Charron will get assignments...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I am hearing the "aren't you afraid of the Habs? They have a 24-9 playoff series record against the Bruins" rumblings from various Habs fans...the problem is that at one time(long time ago) the Habs won 18 straight series against Boston. But in recent times the Bruins have won 7 of  the last 11 series.

Two predictions:

Bruins in 5.

We will see Peter Budaj in this series...possibly even starting a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I wonder  what games in this series  Francois St. Laurent and Francis Charron will get assignments...

And don't forget Eric Furlatt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to cowboys9's comment:

And don't forget Eric Furlatt.

He's the guy that doesn't blow the whistle because its too loud,lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

‏@HackswithHaggs

"No updates on Daniel Paille and Chris Kelly from Peter Chiarelli #bruinstalk"

"This secrecy is killing me Jerry...killing me!"

For some reason I thought a Cosmo Kramer reaction would much more fitting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I predict Bruins in 6.

So many interesting matchups to be contested-- Chara-Patches, Subban-Lucic, Rask-Price, Marchand-Gallagher, Doug Murray-ice skates...

Who would want it any other way?  I've already apologized to the wife for being short and irritable for the next two weeks, but truthfully, I love this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

The playoffs aren't as fun to watch unless the Bruins face the Habs at some point.

Im sure there will be much drama.

Bruins in 6.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

So many interesting matchups to be contested-- Chara-Patches, Subban-Lucic, Rask-Price, Marchand-Gallagher, Doug Murray-ice skates...

Who would want it any other way?  I've already apologized to the wife for being short and irritable for the next two weeks, but truthfully, I love this.

Baaaa-zzzing! lne of the day.

I'm not discounting the Habs, I just think the Bruins are that good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I'm not discounting the Habs, I just think the Bruins are that good.

This is it for me as well,i have learned from the past that it is very foolish to discount Montreal and for that reason i think they will make it a series,but from what i have seen from the B's all year long and so far these playoffs they are for real and are out to prove it.The win one for Iggy is alive and well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

Montreal feels good because they beat a team that:

1) lost its #1 goalie and MVP Bishop

2) had its heart ripped out by losing its leading scorer and team icon St.Louis

3) was led by a rookie coach(who played lacrosse, not hockey) and got taken to school by Therrien. 

Won't happen with Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I'm in full Hab hating mode right now. I may respect the quality of their play on the ice but I still loathe them with a passion. Bruins in 5. Maybe 6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

I'm in full Hab hating mode right now. I may respect the quality of their play on the ice but I still loathe them with a passion. Bruins in 5. Maybe 6.

Well you've got me beat then. I'm only passionately annoyed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Well you've got me beat then. I'm only passionately annoyed.

They dramatically perturb me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

And the delusion of their fans continues.   I think some of them actually believe it.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2014/4/28/5656426/nhl-playoffs-2014-canadiens-bruins-divers-embellishment-city-boston-flop-divefiles

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

That's some embarrassing stuff right there, and I didn't even watch the Marchand tapes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Agreed NAS. But you'd have to comb through about 1 to 3 Hab games to come up with the same # of examples as in 1 Bruins season. I didn't watch them either, it pains me too much, I wish the Bs never went there

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Habs calling the Bruins divers??? Oh, that is rich.

---proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

For some reason it feels like the playoffs start now. I think DK, PB, Lucic, Soderberg and Smith have big series and the Bruins put a good beat down on the Habs. Montreal implodes under pressure. I'm too superstitious to say sweep, but I think the Bruins score an impressive win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Like I said Bruins win, but the great Canadian mens diving team has given the Bruins fits over the years and this year is no different.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Just a little pre series primer. Lets get ready to rumble!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/VideoHub/?collection=72&show=352526

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

No interest in watching,I could care less what the Scab fans think Bruins in 5.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

As always seems to be the case with these two great rivals, it should be a very tough, long series. I do think the Bruins have the advantage, but all it takes is a bad break or two and they could find themselves on the short end of the stick.......and on the golf course. Can't discount the history of these two teams; games are generally very close. Bruins in 6 or 7.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

As always seems to be the case with these two great rivals, it should be a very tough, long series. I do think the Bruins have the advantage, but all it takes is a bad break or two and they could find themselves on the short end of the stick.......and on the golf course. Can't discount the history of these two teams; games are generally very close. Bruins in 6 or 7.

My head's there most of the time too but I try to make myself believe that we are in a new era now, its our turn to dominate. In the past several series we're trending in the right direction. Must be my history of pain that makes me temper my expectations, because we are clearly the better team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I love it when the Bruins put it to the Habs and their bloated, insufferable, frothing-at-the-mouth fans regardless of it being regular season or playoffs. I feel good any time Montreal loses and not just at the hands of the B's. I'm not losing sight of the Habs beating TB minus Bishop. Regardless, it won't be easy. It usually isn't but Boston will win.

Sections
Shortcuts