Boston vs Habs series thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Boston vs Habs series thread.

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love it when the Bruins put it to the Habs and their bloated, insufferable, frothing-at-the-mouth fans regardless of it being regular season or playoffs. I feel good any time Montreal loses and not just at the hands of the B's. I'm not losing sight of the Habs beating TB minus Bishop. Regardless, it won't be easy. It usually isn't but Boston will win.

[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly,but at the hands of the Bruins is especially sweet,a fan can savour it for a long time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Any Boston / Montreal series has issues with officiating. It kills me that the B's have to restrain from the "heavy" style because of BS calls.

For this reason, Mtl steals Game 1 and wins Game 3 outright.

Boston ties series in Game 2 and 4, wins the next 2 dominating the scoreboard.

Watch for Miller, really think he's got some serious potential.

Krug comes out of series with 8 pts. Krejci gets on track and Ignila scores a hatrick.

btw, total guessing, lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any Boston / Montreal series has issues with officiating. It kills me that the B's have to restrain from the "heavy" style because of BS calls.

[/QUOTE]

It's a little early to start complaining about the refs.  Can't we at least wait until the refs make or don't make a call?  Or maybe, if nothing else, wait until the game starts?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love it when the Bruins put it to the Habs and their bloated, insufferable, frothing-at-the-mouth fans regardless of it being regular season or playoffs. I feel good any time Montreal loses and not just at the hands of the B's. I'm not losing sight of the Habs beating TB minus Bishop. Regardless, it won't be easy. It usually isn't but Boston will win.

[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly,but at the hands of the Bruins is especially sweet,a fan can savour it for a long time.

[/QUOTE]

I'm in full agreement with you, 50. It's hugely satisfying when the B's beat them. I just love when the Habs lose to anybody.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm listening in on the enemy now, TSN 690.  "Get ready for another sweep."  They just played tons of audio from the glory days.  They are picking on some guy from Southie or someplace right now saying the Bruins dive worse than the Bruins.  Nilan is in studio unapologetic about the butt end on Middleton.

Wow.

No wonder they are they way they are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Nilan is in studio unapologetic about the butt end on Middleton.

Was at that game and was one of the few who actually was watching them (it was behind the play). I have never been so livid about sports in my life. Nilan is a slimebag who would punch his Mother for a dollar.

I love when they accuse the Bruins of diving, especially since they had a historically low number of penalties called for them this year.

Pot, I'd like you to meet teakettle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Comments section on TSN is in full anti-Bruins mode...One poster pointed out how the Bruins were 3rd in the league in diving calls and the Habs were 23rd....I literally laughed out loud...It's hilarious to read how they call the B's divers and cheap shot artists...If you bring up cheapshots of the past they point to today, but if you bring up recent success they talk about their 24 past Cups...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

60% of the TSN comments come from snickering 11 year old boys in the GTA and 30% from older bitter Canadian guys who lament the fact no Canadian team has won in 20 years. 10% of the posters are legit hockey fans.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Well the only thing that stands in our way to lord Stanley is the Canadian mens diving team the scabs. I say that as the other two teams Pens and Rangers are no match for the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Lets just hope Brad Marchand wakes up against the scabs....or else it could mean a trade in June

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Montreal has an average defense.  Subban is an exceptional offensive player. The Bs have an average defensive players as well but play better team defense.  Advantage Bs. Rask and Price are a wash not individually or as part of a team.  They are a wash when Montreal plays against Rask.  Watch the short side quick shots Tuuka.  Price indeed may be hurt.  So calling it wash is incomplete.  Edited to seek no approval but only to clarify.  I am not underestimating La Canadien. The Bs are a better TEAM.   Bs in 6 and if not 5. I think that is a healthy respect for the Belle Province lovers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

Well the only thing that stands in our way to lord Stanley is the Canadian mens diving team the scabs. I say that as the other two teams Pens and Rangers are no match for the Bruins.

The only thing that stands in their way is Montreal...and the next opponent...and the next opponent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This is amusing:

http://daysofyorr.com/2014-articles/body-worlds-exhibit-is-all-set-for-bruins-habs-series.html" rel="nofollow">http://daysofyorr.com/2014-articles/body-worlds-exhibit-is-all-set-for-bruins-habs-series.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Is the puck being dropped at 7:30 or is that the time for pregame ceremonies.  Where can I get details.  I am supposed to be driving my wife home tonight, but I am debating having her walk!

Edit

Puck Drop is at 7:30 and my wife is walking!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-night-in-canada-schedule-bruins-habs-penguins-rangers-1.2627915

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

These game times are killing me here in the mountain time zone.  10:30 on Saturday morning?  Right in the middle of kids skating lessons, and a little early to crack a beer.

As far as diving goes, you know it when you see it.  Both teams have players who dive sometimes, and the penalty call for diving has been a wildly unreliable way of addressing the issue.  The problem that I have with Montreal is the same as Vancouver in 2011 -- 'drawing' penalties is a huge part of their game plan.  They're always trying to get refs involved.  They hate playing 5 on 5.  So it changes the game a little.  Moves everything a few degrees away from honest hard-fought competition, in favor of influencing and manipulating the officials.  

Watch soccer or basketball if you want to see the constant reliance and focus on the refs.  I like hockey best when the refs play a small role.  I like fair and even 5-on-5 hockey.  I think the Bruins do to, and I respect them for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Has anyone heard anything about Marchand's absence? He wasn't on the ice again this morning. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem that I have with Montreal is the same as Vancouver in 2011 -- 'drawing' penalties is a huge part of their game plan.  They're always trying to get refs involved.  They hate playing 5 on 5.  So it changes the game a little.  Moves everything a few degrees away from honest hard-fought competition, in favor of influencing and manipulating the officials. 

Watch soccer or basketball if you want to see the constant reliance and focus on the refs.  I like hockey best when the refs play a small role.  I like fair and even 5-on-5 hockey.  I think the Bruins do to, and I respect them for it.

[/QUOTE]

Truer words have never been spoken

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Julien said Marchand "took his option" this morning"

"Coach said Paille will be a game-time decision tonight ^CS"

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@NHLBruins

"Julien said Marchand "took his option" this morning"

"Coach said Paille will be a game-time decision tonight ^CS"

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

[/QUOTE]

I have to say that's a bit disconcerting.  I'm hoping that Julien is just being reserved and not commenting on a possible lingering sickness/minor injury than Brad simply not wanting to be out there with the guys, especially with him missing out on last practice.  We need him back and focused.  I personally thought he played well in the first round.  He was skating well, backchecking well, playing good defense, etc.  Just have to bury the chances and stop taking dumb penalties.  We need ya Brad!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Marchand has the flu

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

the only question about this series is how many games it takes the B's to win. unless there are some other major injuries along the way,i'm getting the feeling about the Bruins as I did the Blackhawks last year.

"the world is full of crashing bores"-Morrissey

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK boys and girls time for round 2. So lets keep all talk here for easy reading during this series. So I shell start off by saying I have been watching the Bruins and Habs playoffs since the too many men on the ice game back in the Cherry days so have witnessed it all. 

The habs always seem to get up for the Bruins and this will be no different. So The Bruins have to win the first 2 games at home to win the series. If the habs come away with a split the Bruins might be in trouble. Remember folks, this is not the same Hab team we beat a few years back, they are faster and they have a Bruin Killer in Vanek.  Once the Series goes back to Montreal they have the fans and refs on their side.

The Bruins should beat this team as I think we are bigger and have 4 awesome lines and a world class goalie. The Bruins need to stop the habs from breaking out of their zone and hit hit hit to wear them down and to stay out of the Sin bin as the Habs with the power play will pose a problem. Saying that, special teams will win this series.

So folks sit back and enjoy this round as I have for the last 35 odd yrs as it's going to be a war. and hoping the Bruins come out healthy and ready for their next round. So the Bruins in 6.

[/QUOTE]

Just started an I.V. of Crown Royal.  GO BRUINS!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LordByron77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a little early to start complaining about the refs.  Can't we at least wait until the refs make or don't make a call?  Or maybe, if nothing else, wait until the game starts?

[/QUOTE]

That would be what I'm talking about!

Are you new to Montreal/Boston rivalry?

I  know you're not, but to question my comment? Really?

(shaking head)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I find it hard to believe that Montreal will prevail in this series by playing the way they did in game 1.  They are getting out shot 2-1; playing max-defense; and then hoping for lucky bounces or timely power-plays.

That's not gonna work 4 times.  It worked last night but not 4 times.

Bruins got a weak effort from Rask.

Iginla is a mess out there.  He needs to do something positive - sick of watching him flail.

Defense.  It is still important.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I find it hard to believe that Montreal will prevail in this series by playing the way they did in game 1.  They are getting out shot 2-1; playing max-defense; and then hoping for lucky bounces or timely power-plays.

That's not gonna work 4 times.  It worked last night but not 4 times.

[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I said to my Habs friend last night after the game.  Yes.  Montreal won.  It's going to happen.  How many open shots or empty nets did the B's miss?  400?  The fact is they had a ton of opportunities.  If they were completely shut down and stifled, it may be concerning.  It's not.

Bruins in 5!