Boston vs Habs series thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Boston vs Habs series thread.

There is absolutely no way the Bruins lose this series if both teams played how they did last night.  Habs fans should be grateful that they came out of last night with a W because the Bruins dominated play.  I think the Habs know that.  I thought the B's looked awesome.  Montreal took advantage of the few chances they had where the Bruins couldn't close the deal on about 139081294 open nets.  Those shots will begin going into the net for the B's.  I still say Bruins in 6!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Therrien is going to rip into the Canadiens for all their defensive breakdowns. That is terrible for a team to give up that many shots during a playoff game.

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I,m sure the Habs are feeling really bad today, where as we -------

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tuukka's stats at Bell Centre 1.52 GAA and .952 save percentage this season.

Bruins are 14-1 in game 3s under Julien.

On like Donkey Kong!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the celebration hangover is quite intense today I must admit.....

B's in 5 is my prediction....MTL is just another Detroit; minus Datsyuk and Zetterberg but plus Price.

By the way, the Canadian boards are lit up with hatred for Lucic pounding his chest when he scored the empty-netter yesterday. Funny, those same people tend to cheer when Subban does it.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Therrien is going to rip into the Canadiens for all their defensive breakdowns. That is terrible for a team to give up that many shots during a playoff game.

[/QUOTE]

Shades of the Leafs, no?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the celebration hangover is quite intense today I must admit.....

B's in 5 is my prediction....MTL is just another Detroit; minus Datsyuk and Zetterberg but plus Price.

By the way, the Canadian boards are lit up with hatred for Lucic pounding his chest when he scored the empty-netter yesterday. Funny, those same people tend to cheer when Subban does it.....

[/QUOTE]

And the same people love Emelins hip checks but call Bergeron's dirty,Scab fans definitely love to see things their way.They also thought Thornton was embellishing when he got hurt in the third. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And the same people love Emelins hip checks but call Bergeron's dirty,Scab fans definitely love to see things their way.They also thought Thornton was embellishing when he got hurt in the third. 

[/QUOTE]

Ha! So true. Thornton must have been faking...that's what any Hab would have dome after all. lol

Interesting you mention Emelin, he has been very, very quiet so far (Markov too for that matter). I think he will pick it up back home though to play for the crowd. They will cheer all his borderline hits and he will slink back into obscurity in Game 5.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NickGossNESN

"Adam McQuaid had arthroscopic surgery on Thursday on his right ankle. Expected recovery time is 8 weeks. #Bruins"

Bummer I miss McQuaid!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

@NickGossNESN

"Adam McQuaid had arthroscopic surgery on Thursday on his right ankle. Expected recovery time is 8 weeks. #Bruins"

Bummer I miss McQuaid!

[/QUOTE]

Boy,his ankle is quite a ways away from his quad,huh. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Bummer I miss McQuaid!

[/QUOTE]

The guy is just an injury waiting to happen unfortunately. Has yet to play a full 82 game season. Reminds me of Ference his first few years in Boston. 50-60 game years, constantly playing through injuries and breaking down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]

@NickGossNESN

I thought it was his quad, well the story in now coming true.  Quick recovery for Adam!  There is a next season just not now.  I like Miller's game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought it was his quad, well the story in now coming true.  Quick recovery for Adam!  There is a next season just not now.  I like Miller's game.

[/QUOTE]

If Miller keeps improving then Adam will be on the IR for some other team. He has made McQuaid expendable

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

If Miller keeps improving then Adam will be on the IR for some other team. He has made McQuaid expendable.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure I can agree completely because McQ is as close as we have to a true heavyweight. I say this meaning I don't want Chara battling the meatheads. I don't think Miller has the size to go after a John Scott after a dirty hit whereas McQ has the size and the stones to battle anyone if need be. This is no slight to Miller. I just really like the added dimension that McQ brings to the D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

If true, the arthroscopy explains why he's been out so long. Cartilage damage is sometimes hard to diagnose and you often go through an extended period of rest/cortisone/hope it heals before you decide to fix surgically.

Not knocking him per se, but I've always thought McQuiad was over-valued by a lot of Bruins' fans. He's solid, tough, and can intimidate or hit guys, will drop the gloves when required, and he's a bigger player. But he isn't much of a skater, not overly speedy, and it's not that he's an injury waiting to happen so much as a self-inflicted injury waiting to happen. I swear that guy hurts himself more than any opposing player ever could.

I see Miller as a better, faster option and a guy who is just as tough. McQuaid is listed at 6' 5" and 209 lbs, Miller 6' 2" and 210 lbs. Not exactly a huge difference there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

So everyone in Toronto and Boston thinks the Habs are a bunch of divers. What about the rest of the league?

Do the Habs really dive or is it the Bruins and Laffs colored glasses that make us hate the Habs diving so much?

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So everyone in Toronto and Boston thinks the Habs are a bunch of divers. What about the rest of the league?

Do the Habs really dive or is it the Bruins and Laffs colored glasses that make us hate the Habs diving so much?

"Lighten up Francis"

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The Habs are teaching the other teams that embellishing pays.  If the NHL does not fine players next year it will become standard diva dives all around.  Other teams dive to answer your question.  BTW Nrguy, Lighten up Francis is a saying my younger brother spots off all the time.  Got to love Bill Murray in Stripes.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to nrguy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Lighten up Francis"

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The Habs are teaching the other teams that embellishing pays.  If the NHL does not fine players next year it will become standard diva dives all around.  Other teams dive to answer your question.  BTW Nrguy, Lighten up Francis is a saying my younger brother spots off all the time.  Got to love Bill Murray in Stripes.  

[/QUOTE]

It's a saying in my family too.

They need to actually punish diving. If they call a dive, they always call a matching. I would love to see them call a dive by itself once in a while.

I get so irritated watching games and seeing infractions by the Habs not called because the Bs don't sell it. Then as soon as the Habs feel a stick, they fall.

I just don't see how there is a conception out there that it's the Bruins fault that the Habs dive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/what-we-learned--boston-bruins--self-fulfilling-prophecy-leads-to-struggles-vs--montreal-071549764.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That PuckDaddy article was written after game 1 and before game 2. Pierre McGuire said the same thing right up until Price got lit up. Most fans on HFboards call out the Canucks, Pens and Shabs the most of any other teams. I would say there is a consensus on twitter. 

Me thinks PC keeps both Miller and McQuaid for next year because depth is good and both contracts are very reasonable. There is no guarantee that Seidenberg's knee doesn't get sore through next year either and needs some games off. In most post ACL recoveries there needs to be some follow scope procedures. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Not sure I can agree completely because McQ is as close as we have to a true heavyweight. I say this meaning I don't want Chara battling the meatheads. I don't think Miller has the size to go after a John Scott after a dirty hit whereas McQ has the size and the stones to battle anyone if need be. This is no slight to Miller. I just really like the added dimension that McQ brings to the D.

Good points for sure Dez. Adam did prove this season (when he did play that is) that he can hang with the heavies and it was nice to see after ST did everything to prove his legit days are all but over.

The problem though is that McQuaid is simply not durable and if the cap becomes an issue or roster spots tight then I think Miller has proven he can handle it. Plus, Miller also has shown he can play 20ish mins.....McQuaid averages 3-4 mins less. That is important as well.

Pugilism-wise I never thought it optimal that a Dman be the heavyweight. Dmen need to be able to play 15-18 mins a night and if one is in the box for 5mins or more on  a regular basis it disrupts the D core as a whole. Personally, I think it better for next season to "retire" ST and replace his pugilism with a younger guy that can handle a regular shift like ST has done the past few seasons. Surely someone can be found to do this.

This is all no disrespect to Adam, he has been one of my favorite players to watch since the 2010 Buffalo series. His snarl is terrific. I just think his perpetual injury issues are becoming more and more of a problem. Durability and reliability are optimal. Just think of Chara and Lucic in this regard. Both tough as nails and can handle the grind. Toughness means nothing if you are perpetually on IR.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Monday morning's practice saw Douglas Murray practicing on the third pairing with Mike Weaver instead of Francis Bouillon."

Oh please make it so!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Just read that good old Doug "Cement Skates" Murray is likely to play tomorrow night.

This is good news.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

"Monday morning's practice saw Douglas Murray practicing on the third pairing with Mike Weaver instead of Francis Bouillon."

Oh please make it so!

[/QUOTE]

LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That game 2 was the loudest I've ever heard the Garden in that 3rd period. Amazing feeling.

Seems like only the come back against the Leafs in game7 was louder according to the season ticket holders I spoke with at the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What will be the final PP count of this MTL-BOS series be ?