Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready?

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready?:
    Dont be surprised if he comes back.  I call ABSOLUTE BS on the whole thing.  I have YET to see a "real" article saying he has a broken vertebrae.  I think its all overreacting BS from Montreal, and I dont mean just the team.
    Posted by bigvig

Is your theory that he's fine and the Habs held him out for 6 weeks just to make it look real, surprising the world with his return for Game 1 of the playoffs?

While there was plenty of BS (corporate boycotts, ridiculous 911 calls, dumb claims for a suspension to Chara) I don't see what an elaborate ruse does to benefit the Canadiens. And we all know the Habs, like any other franchise, aren't going to do anything if there's no benefit to it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I know it was meant in jest when someone else mentioned it, but knowing how corrupt the Montreal police can be, I wouldn't be surprised if Chara is served with a warrant prior to game three. Supposedly the investigation is still "on-going," so they could still argue exculpatory reasons and try to completely screw the Bruins.
    Posted by red75

I did joke about it but if just a question period would occur I think it would pump the Bruins even more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready? : I think there's a better shot of 2 separate meteors hitting both the Bell Center and the TD Garden than there is of the provincial government pulling any shenanigans on Chara, the Bruins, or anything / anyone else. This series will be decided on the ice: as it should be.
    Posted by Kennedy97

What size meteors?

Your roof is covered with meteors.  Take a magnet to your rain gutter and you will likely find a few very small meteors.

Big meteors are rare, but the smaller ones practically rain upon the planet - just like the tears of Habs fans when they get cleaned 4 straight by the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wait a second - never mind if I'm ready.

What about Kaberle? 

Someone has to tell Kaberle about this playoff thing, he may not know anything about it since he's been on the Leafs so long.

He might be booking tee times and vacations for this week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready? : Is your theory that he's fine and the Habs held him out for 6 weeks just to make it look real, surprising the world with his return for Game 1 of the playoffs? While there was plenty of BS (corporate boycotts, ridiculous 911 calls, dumb claims for a suspension to Chara) I don't see what an elaborate ruse does to benefit the Canadiens. And we all know the Habs, like any other franchise, aren't going to do anything if there's no benefit to it.
    Posted by Kennedy97

OK, it was partly in jest, but........no, thats not what I think (6 weeks, etc.)  However, I do think the organization, corporations, etc., made a HUGE deal out of something they knew NOTHING about, other than what was being reported.  And, I put a HUGE blame on ALL the media. 

I think Max was hurt.  Not NEARLY as bad as they all made it out to be.  I would NOT be shocked to see him come back and as the matter of fact, Im almost expecting it.  I do NOT believe he had a broken neck, but if someone wanted to link to a reputable source with an actual x-ray that had some way or proving it was him, I would gladly apologize.  IF he had a fractured vertebrae, I think it MIGHT have been a hair-line fracture about 1 mm in total length that was COMPLETELY overblown and irresponsibly reported in a misleading manner.  For him to be back skating as fast as he was with a broken neck, I dont think ANYONE was looking out for his best interests.  He has to be doctor cleared, right?  What doctor clears someone with a broken neck to skate after 3 weeks?  Ive known people who suffered broken necks, the same exact type of fracture as was reported as the matter of fact, and their doctor told them to do nothing for like 2 months.  Yes, he is a professional hockey player, but come on!  You dont start skating that fast after a "severe" concussion and broken neck.  It WREEKS of something fishy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Nevermind, somehow posted in the wrong thread

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Yes, he is a professional hockey player, but come on!  You dont start skating that fast after a "severe" concussion and broken neck.  It WREEKS of something fishy.
    Posted by bigvig

Is he skating? I hadn't seen reports of him practicing in Brossard at all. Maybe I missed them, as I've been tremendously busy the last couple of weeks.

I don't think the injury reports were fabricated. I think the sever concussion may have been misdiagones, and the overall response was...well..."over the top" doesn't do justice to the week of stupidity that was on display in the aftermath of the Chara hit. But I think if there was fabrication, Pacioretty would be on the ice ready to play, because the Habs have needed him, and would love to have him for this series against Boston. The Habs with Pacioretty surely have a better chance to knock off Boston than the Habs without him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Living in Mtl is absolutely crazy at this time of the year...believe it or not I cant even talk about that playoffs series in front of my boss (he is a habs fan) it is worst than talking about religion ...I wont watch the games at home cause my step daugter is a habs fan and this would be ugly ....the habs fan are very confidents because of what happened last year with Halak ...they believe Price will do the same and they say on radio they will win in 7....this place is wild ...I hope the B's win the first 2 games otherwise if Mtl wins one of the 2 games it'll be like a Stanley Cup celebration here in Mtl ....PLEASE GUYS WIN BOTH GAMES in BOSTON ...and I will be in Boston for game 2.....GO BRUINS GO ! ! ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready? : Is he skating? I hadn't seen reports of him practicing in Brossard at all. Maybe I missed them, as I've been tremendously busy the last couple of weeks. I don't think the injury reports were fabricated. I think the sever concussion may have been misdiagones, and the overall response was...well..."over the top" doesn't do justice to the week of stupidity that was on display in the aftermath of the Chara hit. But I think if there was fabrication, Pacioretty would be on the ice ready to play, because the Habs have needed him, and would love to have him for this series against Boston. The Habs with Pacioretty surely have a better chance to knock off Boston than the Habs without him.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Yep you must have been really busy cause he's been skating for 2 weeks he is close to a return ...if the Bruins-Mtl round goes to 7 games I wouldnt be surprised to see him back ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready? : Is he skating? I hadn't seen reports of him practicing in Brossard at all. Maybe I missed them, as I've been tremendously busy the last couple of weeks. I don't think the injury reports were fabricated. I think the sever concussion may have been misdiagones, and the overall response was...well..."over the top" doesn't do justice to the week of stupidity that was on display in the aftermath of the Chara hit. But I think if there was fabrication, Pacioretty would be on the ice ready to play, because the Habs have needed him, and would love to have him for this series against Boston. The Habs with Pacioretty surely have a better chance to knock off Boston than the Habs without him.
    Posted by Kennedy97

You mean you're not watching Olivier Dame-Malka ????  Man can that kid fire the puck.  He's got an NHL shot. 
    Not drafted . Uhmm wonder if the B's can get him in the 2nd round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready? : Yep you must have been really busy cause he's been skating for 2 weeks he is close to a return ...if the Bruins-Mtl round goes to 7 games I wouldnt be surprised to see him back .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Why do you insist on making sh*t up?

This story was published in the Gazette on Saturday. According to that, he hasn't skated outside of taking the ice himself before a Habs practice on April 1. He hasn't practiced at all, and no doctor has cleared him to do anything, which means he's not "close to a return" in any realistic sense, as after he's cleared he'd have to have several days of skating to return to game fitness.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Doctors+have+final+Pacioretty/4586718/story.html

Maybe he'll be back this year. Maybe he won't. But he won't be back this week (Games 1 and 2),  that seems clear. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can't wait...

I hope there are some "Miracle Max" T-shirts as well....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

three players are the importance for b's   Thomas lucic chara....hopefully tt can get the playoff monkey off his back.lucic plays physical and doesn't take stupid penaltys. chara plays big and physical...if that all happens   no problem

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm ready, hopefully the bruins are... something tells me the team that scores first will win each game. just a hunch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Can't wait for the playoffs.  Thursday is too far away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

i'm ready, hopefully the bruins are... something tells me the team that scores first will win each game. just a hunch.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Montreal has been a lousy come-from-behind team this year. The game when they shocked Boston by erasing the 2-0 late-3rd defecit was an anamoly. Getting out to a lead is crucial-- for Montreal at least.

I have more faith in Boston's comeback ability. And that's not because the Habs don't play with heart--they have lots of it (by all rights, they shouldn't be 6th with the guys they missed for long stretches this year). But teams can and do wear them down, and that IMO is the biggest reason that comebacks haven't been their forte.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Can't wait for the playoffs.  Thursday is too far away.
    Posted by OatesCam

Agreed.  Been waiting for this.  It's going to be a stressful week or two, but I've wanted this matchup all along.  Rivalries are the best.

Oates, whatcha' huntin' there, coyotes?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kennedy don't be disillusioned- the b's are no comeback kids either. falling behind to the habs starts all those "not again" thoughts, that can creep into their psyche. rather not go there

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

kennedy don't be disillusioned- the b's are no comeback kids either. falling behind to the habs starts all those "not again" thoughts, that can creep into their psyche. rather not go there
    Posted by adkbeesfan

That's true....but this year, I think I have more faith in the Bruins to erase a 2 goal deficit than I do Montreal. I don't base that on any stats (I don't know them offhand), just gut feeling.

And I'm not sure how many "not again" thoughts there are. Most players on both rosters haven't played against each other in the playoffs. The last time they did play, Boston won without breaking a sweat. Even in the regular season, while the Habs won 4 of 6, the Bruins won 2 of the last 3 (and scored something like 16 goals in the process). I *HOPE* the Bruins psyche is fragile--especially Tim Thomas'....I just don't hold out much hope that it to be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready? : That's true....but this year, I think I have more faith in the Bruins to erase a 2 goal deficit than I do Montreal. I don't base that on any stats (I don't know them offhand), just gut feeling. And I'm not sure how many "not again" thoughts there are. Most players on both rosters haven't played against each other in the playoffs. The last time they did play, Boston won without breaking a sweat. Even in the regular season, while the Habs won 4 of 6, the Bruins won 2 of the last 3 (and scored something like 16 goals in the process). I *HOPE* the Bruins psyche is fragile--especially Tim Thomas'....I just don't hold out much hope that it to be.
    Posted by Kennedy97
    I think the B's could likely erase a two goal deficit playing in Boston ,if they get down by two in Montreal it just might be lights out.If Montreal gets one of the two games in Boston[I don't think they will] this may be a long series.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sad but it comes to reffing, I just hope it is true and fair, I realize there is going to be the odd shiite penalty, I just want the calls right.

Of playoff teams, the B's had the 4th fewest minors, the fewest in the east, the habnots were 2nd most behind only Pit, so this should be similar. ya right!

The B's were 2nd to Pit in majors, habs 8th.

A very interesting stat B's had 5 bench minors(too many men) will this cost them this year, mon has 14.

Please, let's see the best reffed games in decades, and let the teams decide.

Keep 2 hands on the stick, the stick on the ice and there should be no stupid penalties.

GOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE's

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal- Part 33- Are You Ready? : Yep you must have been really busy cause he's been skating for 2 weeks he is close to a return ...if the Bruins-Mtl round goes to 7 games I wouldnt be surprised to see him back .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I'm sure the Habs are lying, and he'll be in the starting lineup Thursday.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Pacioretty+will+return+face+Bruins/4598873/story.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kennedy,this horse is has been dead for weeks(i think you'll agree). too bad we'll have to keep hearing the squabbling for a couple more(both sides). does add some drama though. the only saving grace is that when the whistle blows, it will finally be about hockey. man i can't wait for thursday! btw, did you catch my apology from yesterday? like i said "I'm always the last guy in the room to get the joke". in all fairness though- i was rather blunt with my rip, and you used sarcasm- easier for you to realize it was a joke, i had to decipher what a smiley face was supposed to mean! anyways, you are the most tolerable of all hab fans in this forum- that's a compliment my friend 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

kennedy,this horse is has been dead for weeks(i think you'll agree). too bad we'll have to keep hearing the squabbling for a couple more(both sides).
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I agree...and I probably shouldn't respond to anything StanleyCuptotheBruins says, because he's an idiot. But when he blatantly makes up things, I do take the bait! My own fault, I admit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kennedy,stanley is a little over the top. he's so bad, at one time truly believed he was a hab fan. here to make ridiculous statements, hoping to rile everyone up. i've come the realization he's hopelessly optimistic to a fault.  i take EVERYTHING he says with a grain of salt.  

Sections
Shortcuts