Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless

Habs again in the Playoffs?  In terms of a pure hockey matchup I like it as a Bruins fan.  I can see the B's playing with extreme discipline and simply out working the Habs similar to how they dismantled the Sabres last year.

When thinking of all the other nauseating crap that goes along with this matchup, I almost would rather pass and enjoy watching them hopefully get clobbered by someone else.  When the Bruins play a team other than the Habs, it is basically about hockey and not much else.

When it's the Habs....it's comes with so much more.  Annoying Euro songs, extreme levels of greasy whinny hab fans jumping in front of tv cameras, that bias loser Pierre McQuire chirping and snuggling with Price's and PK's scrotum, a bias CBC, a frustrated Don Cherry who just wants to punch someone out, diving, acting...I could go on and on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

but beating them...again would still taste sweeter than sweet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The Bruins are not doomed: either team could win this series. The only thing I'd be confident in is that it wouldn't be a sweep either way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless:
    The Bruins are not doomed: either team could win this series. The only thing I'd be confident in is that it wouldn't be a sweep either way.
    Posted by Kennedy97

No doubt about that, it would probably be a 7 game nail-biting slugfest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Montreal isn't the team to fear in the first round of the playoffs. They are undersized, their defense is a patch work of reclamation projects and their  goaltending his questionable come playoff time. Price is snakes and ladders.

The team I would fear most playing are the NY Rangers. They have a great goalie, solid defence, consistent offence and are well coached. They are going to be this year's Flyers from last year.

In Response to Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless:
    I've been reading everyone's discussions of firing Julien, and I don't really see the point either way. I'm a huge Bruins fan, but because of the stupid way the NHL seeds division leaders there is almost no way that Boston can avoid playing Montreal in the first round. And I'm sorry to say will be a complete and utter let down as Boston would lose that series in 6 games! With Boston's terrible record against Montreal, the emotion that the Canadiens play with in the playoffs and added on to that the Chara hit and Pacoritty coming back in time for the playoffs - the Bruins are set up to lose before the playoffs even begin!! There is almost no way to avoid this looming disaster - if Montreal takes first spot in the division the Bruins fall to 6th and still play them. The Rangers won't catch Montreal for 6th, but the Canadiens won't catch Tampa for 5th. And the way Boston is playing they won't catch Washington for 2nd. The writing is on the wall - and I had such hope for this season too!
    Posted by SuperSucka

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

as a bruins fan living in montreal, one of the greatest moments in my life is the 2009 playoffs (the habs centennial season woohoo) the night we sweeped montreal at the bell center. i say bring on the habs once again, we'll get home ice advantage and that's huge. while i admit the bruins seem to be in a funk, i would much rather they go into a funk now and get out of it in the playoffs. there's no way the habs can stand the physicality of a 7 game series against these bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Could not be a better matchup in the 1st round then the habs. Price is a choker. Thomas will easily beat him in a series. I say no better way to start the run to the cup then by eliminating the midget habs and breaking soxfans heart.
    Posted by tukka_fall

I'll take the bet too.  Bruins in 6 ... finishing in the Bell Center.  Black and gold too physical and too disciplined.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless : Wow, that is hard to actually spell "there" (their, they're) wrong 3 times, 2 different ways in the same paragraph. Incredible. This site is staggering in its illiteracy.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL
    Here's another one for ya. I'm going to write a  sentence, see if you can figure out which word is spelt wrong.....Stick to hockey or go fcuk yourself. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricRGreen. Show EricRGreen's posts

Habs again in the Playoffs?  In terms of a pure hockey matchup I like it as a Bruins fan.  I can see the B's playing with extreme discipline and simply out working the Habs similar to how they dismantled the Sabres last year. When thinking of all the other nauseating crap that goes along with this matchup, I almost would rather pass and enjoy watching them hopefully get clobbered by someone else.  When the Bruins play a team other than the Habs, it is basically about hockey and not much else. When it's the Habs....it's comes with so much more.  Annoying Euro songs, extreme levels of greasy whinny hab fans jumping in front of tv cameras, that bias loser Pierre McQuire chirping and snuggling with Price's and PK's scrotum, a bias CBC, a frustrated Don Cherry who just wants to punch someone out, diving, acting...I could go on and on.
    Posted by misterpaulo

Wow. you are forgetting the most important part. YOU WOULD BE PLAYING THE HABS. of course the CBC would be biased, of course the CANADIAN announcers and analysts would be on the habs side. As for the fans in front of the camera, they are FANS. Come on man, this was the most unintelligent post ever. I am being objective, pointing out all the straightforward, visible flaws in your argument. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricRGreen. Show EricRGreen's posts

oh and not to mention PK's name is being thrown around for the Calder trophy and Price's name is being thrown around for the Vezina...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Come on man, this was the most unintelligent post ever.

For real?  I write allot of things and do re-think or second guess from time to time, but the most unintelligent post ever?  That hurts!

You must be a new troll.  Oh yes....6 posts.  Playing the habs is more than hockey and I am simply not interested in all the BS that goes with this matchup this year.  Some years I do crave the matchup but just can't be bothered this year.  Not sure why.  It does drain me and I wonder if it does the same to the B's players.  At times it goes beyond just a healthy rivalry and borders on lunacy mainly because of idiot hab fanatics.

In 09, after sweeping the habs in the Bell Centre and urinating on another "celebration of the week" in hab country the next series against the Canes was anti-climatic and the team didn't seem to have the same motivation or urgency until they were down 3-1 in games.  I don't think getting caught up in the habby hype early in the playoffs helps the Bruins when the later rounds approach. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins are not doomed: either team could win this series. The only thing I'd be confident in is that it wouldn't be a sweep either way. Posted by Kennedy97

Interesting a Canadien fan trying to convince a Bruins fan they have a chance against the Habs if they meet in the playoffs. Just when you think you've seen it all on a sports discussion board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

tell me about it, it's a sad state of affairs when bruins fans need "keep your head up pal"-pep talks from hab fans! cat's and dogs are living in harmony

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

oh and not to mention PK's name is being thrown around for the Calder trophy and Price's name is being thrown around for the Vezina...
    Posted by EricRGreen

No way they win either. Must be great cheering for 3rd place for both guys. PK's cheap shots will keep him off the ballot for some and he's not having a stellar year like other rookies. Tell PK to keep his head up, he skates over the blue line like Lindros. And that's not a compliment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless : No way they win either. Must be great cheering for 3rd place for both guys. PK's cheap shots will keep him off the ballot for some and he's not having a stellar year like other rookies. Tell PK to keep his head up, he skates over the blue line like Lindros. And that's not a compliment.
    Posted by nrguy

There's something wrong if PK manages to come 3rd in the R.O.Y. voting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless:
    I've been reading everyone's discussions of firing Julien, and I don't really see the point either way. I'm a huge Bruins fan, but because of the stupid way the NHL seeds division leaders there is almost no way that Boston can avoid playing Montreal in the first round. And I'm sorry to say will be a complete and utter let down as Boston would lose that series in 6 games! With Boston's terrible record against Montreal, the emotion that the Canadiens play with in the playoffs and added on to that the Chara hit and Pacoritty coming back in time for the playoffs - the Bruins are set up to lose before the playoffs even begin!! There is almost no way to avoid this looming disaster - if Montreal takes first spot in the division the Bruins fall to 6th and still play them. The Rangers won't catch Montreal for 6th, but the Canadiens won't catch Tampa for 5th. And the way Boston is playing they won't catch Washington for 2nd. The writing is on the wall - and I had such hope for this season too!
    Posted by SuperSucka

I hope all you babies that are afraid of playing the Habs in the playoffs watched the game tonight.

I don't know if the Bruins will win or lose a series either, but I want that matchup.  How fun was tonight?

Bring 'em on.

Sections
Shortcuts