Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperSucka. Show SuperSucka's posts

Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless

I've been reading everyone's discussions of firing Julien, and I don't really see the point either way. I'm a huge Bruins fan, but because of the stupid way the NHL seeds division leaders there is almost no way that Boston can avoid playing Montreal in the first round. And I'm sorry to say will be a complete and utter let down as Boston would lose that series in 6 games!

With Boston's terrible record against Montreal, the emotion that the Canadiens play with in the playoffs and added on to that the Chara hit and Pacoritty coming back in time for the playoffs - the Bruins are set up to lose before the playoffs even begin!!

There is almost no way to avoid this looming disaster - if Montreal takes first spot in the division the Bruins fall to 6th and still play them. The Rangers won't catch Montreal for 6th, but the Canadiens won't catch Tampa for 5th. And the way Boston is playing they won't catch Washington for 2nd.

The writing is on the wall - and I had such hope for this season too!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless

Can you let me know which 2 games the B's are going to win so I don't waste my time watching the other four?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless:
    I've been reading everyone's discussions of firing Julien, and I don't really see the point either way. I'm a huge Bruins fan, but because of the stupid way the NHL seeds division leaders there is almost no way that Boston can avoid playing Montreal in the first round. And I'm sorry to say will be a complete and utter let down as Boston would lose that series in 6 games! With Boston's terrible record against Montreal, the emotion that the Canadiens play with in the playoffs and added on to that the Chara hit and Pacoritty coming back in time for the playoffs - the Bruins are set up to lose before the playoffs even begin!! There is almost no way to avoid this looming disaster - if Montreal takes first spot in the division the Bruins fall to 6th and still play them. The Rangers won't catch Montreal for 6th, but the Canadiens won't catch Tampa for 5th. And the way Boston is playing they won't catch Washington for 2nd. The writing is on the wall - and I had such hope for this season too!
    Posted by SuperSucka

Nice first post....if your standing on a ledge...do us all a favor..and jump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

When first time posters open with this kind of stuff and claim there big bruin fans, you can bet there fans of hockey just not the bruins.
    More than likely another scab fan. There so predictable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless:
    When first time posters open with this kind of stuff and claim there big bruin fans, you can bet there fans of hockey just not the bruins (likely scab fan). 
    Posted by pauly1

Likely Miller! AGAIN!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless : Likely Miller! AGAIN!
    Posted by nitemare-38

All the more reason to encourage him to jump.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless : Likely Miller! AGAIN!
    Posted by nitemare-38
    Could be.  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

... Personnaly, I like the Bruins chances of reaching the cup finals.  Despite their recent losing streak, from which they'll probably come out from in time for the playoffs.  I don't see any good reasons not to think they can make it past the other teams in the East. 

I want the Habs to win the cup... but the Bruins are definitely in there...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Tampa is not playing great hockey lately.  Therefore the Habs will catch Tampa.  The question is will they catch the Bs.  if they do the Bs must finish ahead of Tampa!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

When first time posters open with this kind of stuff and claim there big bruin fans, you can bet there fans of hockey just not the bruins. More than likely another scab fan. There so predictable.  
    Posted by pauly1

Wow, that is hard to actually spell "there" (their, they're) wrong 3 times, 2 different ways in the same paragraph. Incredible. This site is staggering in its illiteracy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless : Wow, that is hard to actually spell "there" (their, they're) wrong 3 times, 2 different ways in the same paragraph. Incredible. This site is staggering in its illiteracy.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Or "Incredible this site is staggering in it's illiteracy." Your one to talk...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

With flipper in net, I can't see them going far come playoff time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless : Or "Incredible this site is staggering in it's illiteracy." Your one to talk...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

I'm not in favor of playing the Canadiens either but to say that it's hopeless and it's a disaster? I didn't know the Bruins would be playing the 1978 Montreal Canadiens lets not panic here if the 2 teams meet it will be a good series but with 11 games left for the Bruins and 9 for Montreal it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't meet especially the way that Tampa Bay has played lately they could easily fall into 6th in the East and the Caps are going be with out Ovechin for a couple of games and the Bruins having games in hand if they get hot the B's can still finish second. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperSucka. Show SuperSucka's posts

I'm a bigger Bruins fan than probably 3/4's of Boston and I live in the hotbed of hockey - southern ontario! I'm not being fatalistic, just realistic. I'm sick and tired of watching these two team play 6 times a year plus 6 or 7 playoff games! Come on I wanna see them play other teams in the East. The Canadiens suck but for some reason they get up to play Boston, and I hate hearing that terrible stupid soccer song that the Habs fans sing.

I have tons of confidence that the Bruins could beat any team in the East this year - except Montreal - there's just no way they'll overcome the passion that Montreal will play with against Boston due to the Chara hit. I'd love to play Tampa first round!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless : Or "Incredible this site is staggering in it's illiteracy." Your one to talk...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Don't you mean 'you're' ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Watched the Montreal game on TV today, Buffalo was by far the better team tonight.

They look to be ocoming together and when you have Miller, anything can happen.

I don't think the Sabres would be a fun team to open the playoffs against; unlike last year.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm a bigger Bruins fan than probably 3/4's of Boston and I live in the hotbed of hockey - southern ontario! I'm not being fatalistic, just realistic. I'm sick and tired of watching these two team play 6 times a year plus 6 or 7 playoff games! Come on I wanna see them play other teams in the East. The Canadiens suck but for some reason they get up to play Boston, and I hate hearing that terrible stupid soccer song that the Habs fans sing. I have tons of confidence that the Bruins could beat any team in the East this year - except Montreal - there's just no way they'll overcome the passion that Montreal will play with against Boston due to the Chara hit. I'd love to play Tampa first round!
    Posted by SuperSucka

I predict the Habs have shot their load and will be a playoff non-factor.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Could not be a better matchup in the 1st round then the habs. Price is a choker. Thomas will easily beat him in a series. I say no better way to start the run to the cup then by eliminating the midget habs and breaking soxfans heart.
    Posted by tukka_fall

What are you smoking???

Floppy is going to get undressed night after night like he always does against montreal. Did you forget that horrendous goal he gave up against Carolina in the game 7 overtime??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless : What are you smoking??? Floppy is going to get undressed night after night like he always does against montreal. Did you forget that horrendous goal he gave up against Carolina in the game 7 overtime??
    Posted by TTisOverrated

Was that right after he was in goal for the sweep of Montreal?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bring on the habs...as a bruin fan what more could you want? winning the clincher in montreal would make me cry tears of joy! habs fans would burn down their own city, i hope they televise that in HD. just the thought of it makes me giddy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWrong All Wrong!!!  Check the standings nothing is decided!!! n Response to Boston vs Montreal Playoffs - Hopeless:
    I've been reading everyone's discussions of firing Julien, and I don't really see the point either way. I'm a huge Bruins fan, but because of the stupid way the NHL seeds division leaders there is almost no way that Boston can avoid playing Montreal in the first round. And I'm sorry to say will be a complete and utter let down as Boston would lose that series in 6 games! With Boston's terrible record against Montreal, the emotion that the Canadiens play with in the playoffs and added on to that the Chara hit and Pacoritty coming back in time for the playoffs - the Bruins are set up to lose before the playoffs even begin!! There is almost no way to avoid this looming disaster - if Montreal takes first spot in the division the Bruins fall to 6th and still play them. The Rangers won't catch Montreal for 6th, but the Canadiens won't catch Tampa for 5th. And the way Boston is playing they won't catch Washington for 2nd. The writing is on the wall - and I had such hope for this season too!
    Posted by SuperSucka

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

It's pretty sad when Wedgy has more faith in the Bruins than Bruins fans. Count me as one that wants the Habs in the first round. Nothing better than sending the Habs home early. I'd rather a series win over the Habs than a semifinal win over Tampa, Washington, or the Pens (assuming in this case the Bs lose in the Eastern conference finals).

Saying you don't want to play the Habs is like saying you don't want to play the Yankees. It just wouldn't feel right if the Bs went all the way and they didn't beat the Habs.

Sections
Shortcuts