Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?

This would be the starting point just to get the discussion going. Weber, like
    Bourque would love a chance to win the cup. The Bruins are very close and need Weber to make them the favorites to win. This trade would be very similar to the Bourque trade to Colorado

Assuming Savard is out for the rest of the season...Would you do It ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?

I read on the Hockey News that Weber could be on the move if they don't think they can sign him. If the Bruins could get him for what ever it takes it would help in the puck moving department and the PP also putting us very close to being a top contender. I feel the Bruins need scoring but Weber can also score. If there's a way PC should do his best to get him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So...you're going to show them how serious you are by sending them two guys who are healthy scratches and two picks that could be in the bottom 25% of each round?  I figure, if that deal did go through, Weber signs elsewhere on July 1st and when asked says "well, Boston clearly didn't want me."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?:
    [QUOTE]So...you're going to show them how serious you are by sending them two guys who are healthy scratches and two picks that could be in the bottom 25% of each round?  I figure, if that deal did go through, Weber signs elsewhere on July 1st and when asked says "well, Boston clearly didn't want me."
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Obviously the trade is stupid, but even if it did happen, I can't imagine a player leaving because the team didn't trade enough to get him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : Obviously the trade is stupid, but even if it did happen, I can't imagine a player leaving because the team didn't trade enough to get him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I wouldn't give that much up to get Shea Weber

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Shea Weber = Cup.

Can you imagine Weber+Chara on a PP. The two hardest shots in the NHL. Goalies and shot blockers would shake in thier boots..

However the deal would probably be more like...

TO 1st
    MIN 2nd
    Bos 1st 2012

Cohen/Bartkowski/Kampfer(one of our top D prospects)
    Stuart+wheeler'

I dont even know if that would be enough to get him. Probably not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

last time i checked is that Nashville has made the playoffs and is in the hunt for the playoffs this year.  Shea in my mind is the best young dman if not the best dman in the league.  Why on earth would Nashville trade their best player for what has been mentioned.  You want Shea.  Start with Krejci/Lucic and both 1st round picks.  And Nashville would still hang up.

And if Shea wants to win a cup why wouldnt he wanna go to a more sure thing than the B's.  Its not like we have been winning cups lately...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

No. No. No. No. No. and No

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]No. No. No. No. No. and No
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Yes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?:[QUOTE]Shea Weber = Cup. Can you imagine Weber+Chara on a PP.  However the deal would probably be more like... TO 1st MIN 2nd Bos 1st 2012 Cohen/Bartkowski/Kampfer(one of our top D prospects) Stuart+wheeler' Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Yes ILH I can imagine it and PC does have the package if Weber ever says "This organization is never going to spend the money to put players around me."

TO 1st, Min 2nd, Stuart (was a 1st rounder is NHL ready) is all I would offer and probably wouldn't be enough another prospect is what Nashville would ask for and I wouldn't give up Kampfer.

As far the fear of Shea signing somewhere else after the season he is an RFA so PC could match anything that's what makes me salivate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Bruins passed over Shea Weber twice in the 2003 Entry Draft.

They took Mark Stuart with the 21st pick and Patrice Bergeron with the 45th. Weber went 49th to Nashville.

Now you want to break the bank to get him? And he can fly away July 1st. That is not the way to reinforce your franchise - that is Toronto Maple Leaf mentality!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins passed over Shea Weber twice in the 2003 Entry Draft. They took Mark Stuart with the 21st pick and Patrice Bergeron with the 45th. Weber went 49th to Nashville. Now you want to break the bank to get him? And he can fly away July 1st. That is not the way to reinforce your franchise - that is Toronto Maple Leaf mentality!
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

What a ridiculous reason to not try and trade for a guy.  The Bruins wouldn't want Datysuk or Zetterberg either because they passed on them several times in drafts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He is a RFA, meaning we could match any offer.

I can't believe I am involved with this thread.  Weber is an elite dman and is the franchise player in Nashville.  There is zero chance we get him for the players offered.  We have no one on our current roster that is enough unless you pkg a lot of picks/prospects. And if you offer the world it would deplete our roster in a big way. 
    Lucic- not near enough
    Bergie- not near enough
    Krejci- not near enough.

Weber is about as untouchable as they come.  Even though they are stocked with young talented dmen.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : What a ridiculous reason to not try and trade for a guy.  The Bruins wouldn't want Datysuk or Zetterberg either because they passed on them several times in drafts?
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]

The first sentence was a statement of fact, not a reason.

The third paragragh was the reason.

You must have Leaf leanings or can't read right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : The first sentence was a statement of fact, not a reason. The third paragragh was the reason. You must have Leaf leanings or can't read right.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

So the fact you are stating is that if a team passed on a kid in a draft they will never want them.  OK then.

Your reason is probably worse then your fact as well.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : So the fact you are stating is that if a team passed on a kid in a draft they will never want them.  OK then. Your reason is probably worse then your fact as well.
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]

Wrong, again. It was stated for irony.

Don't you find it ironic that "twice" you passed over the guy and now you want to ruin your franchise to get him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Don Cherry back when he was coaching the Bruins. Sinden mention what if I get you Park ? Cherry said with Park and Orr on the blue line I will guarantee a cup. Then the Orr jinx happen again after a game in New York. Bobby was walking to the bus and Don notice that Orr will be done for season. Don Cerry's "response their goes the the Stanley Cup."  Cherry said in his book if you got a player like Orr on d and Park's cannon shot on the blue line the goaltender will be a very busy player. I must remind you this was an off season acquisition picking up park.Laughing

The way Leafs are playing they may have their confidence back for remaining season and their goal is to let Boston not get a lottery pick. Boston has two choices use the 2 1st rd. draft picks to get Weber or use the picks and a prospect to advance up the draft line. Too get d man with Weber's caliber I would definitely pursue Weber.Undecided

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

The key point is if Nashville thinks they can resign him or not.  Also, for about the 10th time --- the fools that say that two first round picks (1 being in the lottery) and a second round pick + Stuart would not be enough--- you are crazy.  Again- IF NASHVILLE CANT SIGN HIM--- that would be more than enough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Don Cherry back when he was coaching the Bruins. Sinden mention what if I get you Park ? Cherry said with Park and Orr on the blue line I will guarantee a cup. Then the Orr jinx happen again after a game in New York. Bobby was walking to the bus and Don notice that Orr will be done for season. Don Cerry's "response their goes the the Stanley Cup."  Cherry said in his book if you got a player like Orr on d and Park's cannon shot on the blue line the goaltender will be a very busy player. I must remind you this was an off season acquisition picking up park. The way Leafs are playing they may have their confidence back for remaining season and their goal is to let Boston not get a lottery pick. Boston has two choices use the 2 1st rd. draft picks to get Weber or use the picks and a prospect to advance up the draft line. Too get d man with Weber's caliber I would definitely pursue Weber.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

The trade happened in November. However, it did happen early on in the year leaving plenty of time for the player(s) to integrate before the playoffs.

I get your point, though.

Deadline deals backfire at a very high rate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

if you signed him to an offer sheet we would have to give uo 4 first rounders....so start there

tor 1st
    bos 1st
    Joe Colborne
    Wheeler
    Stuart

is he worth it????????

absolutely

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Yes.  It would ruin the franchise to pick up a top 5 dman in the NHL. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

[QUOTE]He is a RFA, meaning we could match any offer. I can't believe I am involved with this thread.  Weber is an elite dman and is the franchise player in Nashville.  There is zero chance we get him for the players offered.  We have no one on our current roster that is enough unless you pkg a lot of picks/prospects. And if you offer the world it would deplete our roster in a big way.  Lucic- not near enough Bergie- not near enough Krejci- not near enough. Weber is about as untouchable as they come.  Even though they are stocked with young talented dmen.  
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's untouchable like Joe Thornton, Bobby Orr, heck even Wayne Gretzky was!!!!