Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?

In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?:
    [QUOTE]if you signed him to an offer sheet we would have to give uo 4 first rounders....so start there tor 1st bos 1st Joe Colborne Wheeler Stuart is he worth it???????? absolutely
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]
    No...there is no guarantee that signing a player like Weber for that package, is going take the Bruins to the promised land. If Chia wants to take a run at him on July 1st...go for it! 2 firsts , Colbourne, Wheeler and Stuart..for a guy who could walk at the end of the year...NO THANKS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

number08,

Yes anyone is available.  But for what people on here are offering?  C'mon.  And there were reasons the guys you mentioned were traded.  What's Nashvilles reason?  B/C the Bruins want him.  Yeah got it.  When he is dealt come chat with me again.  Until then its a moot pt. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber?:
    [QUOTE]Yes.  It would ruin the franchise to pick up a top 5 dman in the NHL. 
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]

Amen^

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Understand the business side of hockey and you'll know that this deal is very possible. Nashville, like Buffalo CANNOT AFFORD superstar players like Weber.

They develop young players into stars and then have to trade them away for good prospects that they can play for a few years for reasonable $$. 

Draft picks are what Nashville, Buffalo, and Florida are all about! It's what the Bruins have allot of this year. Chiarelli can make the happen and the Bruins will be true cup contenders for at least the next 5 to 8 years !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Give me an example of Nashville developing a star player and then watching him walk as a free agent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : Obviously the trade is stupid, but even if it did happen, I can't imagine a player leaving because the team didn't trade enough to get him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

It was meant to be hyperbole - you know, the long way around to saying that if that's all the value you place on Weber, it's insulting the way a below-market contract offer is insulting. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bobby,

Not to argue but you are wrong.  Weber is someone you build your franchise around.  He is one of the best dmen in the league.  And why does everyone think Boston will get him.  Washington needs him a lot more and have better prospects and good picks and most important lots of cap space. 
    Yes, he would be the best pick up next to Cam, but it isnt going to happen.  Not unless you wanna lose Lucic/Bergie or Krejci plus a bunch of prospects and picks.

Not happening

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

[QUOTE]Shea Weber = Cup. Can you imagine Weber+Chara on a PP. The two hardest shots in the NHL. Goalies and shot blockers would shake in thier boots.. However the deal would probably be more like... TO 1st MIN 2nd Bos 1st 2012 Cohen/Bartkowski/Kampfer(one of our top D prospects) Stuart+wheeler' I dont even know if that would be enough to get him. Probably not.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Because the trade for Gonchar = the Cup when we pulled that trigger.  And Gonchar was in his prime and way better then Weber. We also didn't throw away half of what you guys are saying we should for Weber when we got Gonchar.

Please stop talking in extremes and absolutes.  You armchair GMs need to realize trades don't equal anything more than a better chance to win not a diffinate chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Give me an example of Nashville developing a star player and then watching him walk as a free agent.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

They traded Hartnell and Timonen after the season, right before they became UFAs.  They got Philly's #1 pick in return.

For the record, that pick was used to select Jonathon Blum, who seems to be having a decent second year in the AHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Then you are either a) a troll b) an idiot or c) don't watch enough hockey. I suppose d) All of the above is possible too, but Shea Weber is in the same class of elite young defensemen as Yandle, Keith, and Doughty.

[QUOTE]I wouldn't give that much up to get Shea Weber
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I would give up krejci or lucic and picks for shea W in a heart beat!  It's going to take a lot to bring a guy like weber in, but if you can do it, def pull the trigger. 

I think some b's fans forget to realize it's not that hard to replace second line guys, and picks only come to fruition sometimes.  A perennial all star/norris contender or top scoring forward, those are tough to acquire and even find.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I must remind you this was an off season acquisition picking up park.

Park was picked up 12 games into the 75-76 season. The B's were in Vancouver when Don Cherry told Bobby Orr to open the window for Phil when Phil said "if you say I've been traded to NY, I'm jumping out that window!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby, Not to argue but you are wrong.  Weber is someone you build your franchise around.  He is one of the best dmen in the league.  And why does everyone think Boston will get him.  Washington needs him a lot more and have better prospects and good picks and most important lots of cap space.  Yes, he would be the best pick up next to Cam, but it isnt going to happen.  Not unless you wanna lose Lucic/Bergie or Krejci plus a bunch of prospects and picks. Not happening
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying we have any better shot than Washington to acquire Weber but I do know Washington doesn't own a lottery pick.I also wouldn't trade Bergeron(locked up for 3 more years)for an RFA.....but that's just me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The B's won't get Weber.We'll have to settle for McCabe or Kaberle  or someone of that ilk. Unfortunately. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The B's won't get Weber.We'll have to settle for McCabe or Kaberle  or someone of that ilk. Unfortunately. 
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

McCabe?

I'd prefer Milbury or Kluzak, or maybe the corpse of Doug Harvey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : McCabe? I'd prefer Milbury or Kluzak, or maybe the corpse of Doug Harvey.

Yeah i know, how about Bruce Shoebottom ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : McCabe? I'd prefer Milbury or Kluzak, or maybe the corpse of Doug Harvey.

I think Kathryn Topless infront of the net might help the PP actually.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Any deal for Shea Weber involves Blake Wheeler + Joe Colborne + high pick.  + another element.

You think the Bruins could land Shea Weber for two picks (25th, 55th), a 6th defenceman, and a 22-23 yr old prospect in the AHL .. c'mon.  Wake up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby, Not to argue but you are wrong.  Weber is someone you build your franchise around.  He is one of the best dmen in the league.  And why does everyone think Boston will get him.  Washington needs him a lot more and have better prospects and good picks and most important lots of cap space.  Yes, he would be the best pick up next to Cam, but it isnt going to happen.  Not unless you wanna lose Lucic/Bergie or Krejci plus a bunch of prospects and picks. Not happening
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Shuper,

No other team can offer as many draft picks and/or prospects as Boston can.
    If the Bruin management and owners really want to win a cup then they have to
     try an pry Weber away from Nashville. 

Dion Pheneuf would have been a very good acquistion also. What did Calgary get for him ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : They traded Hartnell and Timonen after the season, right before they became UFAs.  They got Philly's #1 pick in return. For the record, that pick was used to select Jonathon Blum, who seems to be having a decent second year in the AHL.

True enough, but in the original context, you have to add: they hung on to these guys and tried to sign them right up to summer they became UFAs, and they gutted their roster one season after picking up Peter Forsberg to make a Cup run (a.k.a. the Marlin Plan) because Leopold was looking to get out.

I believe Blum was one of the key pieces of the rumoured Kessel to Nashville deal....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : Shuper, No other team can offer as many draft picks and/or prospects as Boston can. If the Bruin management and owners really want to win a cup then they have to  try an pry Weber away from Nashville.  Dion Pheneuf would have been a very good acquistion also. What did Calgary get for him ?
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    I don't know how Phaneuf lost it so fast but he is awful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : I wouldn"t give up that much for Crosby, GET REAL.
    Posted by degolds[/QUOTE]

Then you don't want the Stanley cup bad enough...Speak to you in another 30 years !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : I don't know how Phaneuf lost it so fast but he is awful.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

At the time of the trade it seemed like T.O won this deal but i guess the Sutter's knew some thing about Phaneufs decline. Right now it looks like both teams recieved a bunch of crap in the trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston's 1st and 2nd round + Stuart + Hamill for Shea Weber? : At the time of the trade it seemed like T.O won this deal but i guess the Sutter's knew some thing about Phaneufs decline. Right now it looks like both teams recieved a bunch of crap in the trade.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Toronto has  no system...a lousy coach...and a egotistical GM. Pheneuf is not the problem there !  PC would take him in a second if Toronto made him available. Put him with Chara  (25 minutes /game) and we'd have the best duo in the game, bar none.