Both Firsts for somebody!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

Both Firsts for somebody!!!!

Its time to make a major move..... however the package is made up for some good talent to get in here for a serious Cup run... I dont want to hear you cant give away both first round picks...F that.... give me a Cup this year and I will take 10 years of mediorocraty....its been 40 years ummm yeah thats right 40 do something drastic PC.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Both Firsts for somebody!!!!

Wrong.   Even if you acquired the entire Hawks lineup from last year you still would not guarantee anything.  Too many variables to do that.  Too risky to put all your assets in the pot for one run.  Contend every year and tweak when the right player becomes available. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What one person is available that would put this team over the top (remember, other teams will upgrade too!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Both Firsts for somebody!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Its time to make a major move..... however the package is made up for some good talent to get in here for a serious Cup run... I dont want to hear you cant give away both first round picks...F that.... give me a Cup this year and I will take 10 years of mediorocraty....its been 40 years ummm yeah thats right 40 do something drastic PC.  
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]

Go back to the bar and order ... um, you forgot what you wanted?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

In Response to Re: Both Firsts for somebody!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Wrong.   Even if you acquired the entire Hawks lineup from last year you still would not guarantee anything.  Too many variables to do that.  Too risky to put all your assets in the pot for one run.  Contend every year and tweak when the right player becomes available. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

WRONG!

Going on 20 years since the Bruins last won a second round playoff series! Obviously the Bruins philosophy on winning is not working

Time to go for a deep cup run with the chips you have available to move. "The future is bright" slogan has grown cold in Boston

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Both Firsts for somebody!!!! : WRONG! Going on 20 years since the Bruins last won a second round playoff series! Obviously the Bruins philosophy on winning is not working Time to go for a deep cup run with the chips you have available to move. "The future is bright" slogan has grown cold in Boston
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

"The Future is Bright"...yeah, it's probably a little stagnant....but thankfully, so is "go for it"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

39 years, not 40 (Actually it's about 38 years and 8 or 9 months). Just saying... You're taken less seriously when you get your facts wrong.

Also the teams that have a longer cup drought then us include the Leafs, Blues, Kings, Canucks, Sabres. All of those teams have tried what you're suggesting in terms of a big trade for a big push and they've all failed and have gone cupless for over 40 years. Your strategy is in no way guaranteed to succeed. I'd rather be contenders every year and wait or the puck to bounce our way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Both Firsts for somebody!!!! : Go back to the bar and order ... um, you forgot what you wanted?
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

weak

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Both picks for Spezza ....I would'nt say no ...

Stanely Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Both Firsts for somebody!!!! : WRONG! Going on 20 years since the Bruins last won a second round playoff series! Obviously the Bruins philosophy on winning is not working Time to go for a deep cup run with the chips you have available to move. "The future is bright" slogan has grown cold in Boston
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

And how many is PC responsible for?  You are blind if you don't see how this franchise has set itself up for the next ten years.  That is unless people loose patients and sacrifice the future.