Boucher still the super motivator?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Boucher still the super motivator?

His boys were disjointed all night. Way too many offsides.  Seems like he had trouble adjusting to the B's jamming the neutral zone.

Also didn't like him start to whine and make faces at his assistant after the too many men penalty.  He's not the solid coach i thought he was.

Lastly- i loved how he stayed in the 1-3-1 late in the 3rd when he was down by 2.  The B's defense should have held the puck all night long!

Guy wasn't motivating anyone on that squad.  Don't think he's an awful coach, but he may have been overhyped by media after Game 1!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Boucher still the super motivator?

In Response to Boucher still the super motivator?:
    [QUOTE]His boys were disjointed all night. Way too many offsides.  Seems like he had trouble adjusting to the B's jamming the neutral zone. Also didn't like him start to whine and make faces at his assistant after the too many men penalty.  He's not the solid coach i thought he was. Lastly- i loved how he stayed in the 1-3-1 late in the 3rd when he was down by 2.  The B's defense should have held the puck all night long! Guy wasn't motivating anyone on that squad.  Don't think he's an awful coach, but he may have been overhyped by media after Game 1!!!!
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]
    He got taken to school by our very own Claude Julien.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from calrapa. Show calrapa's posts

all i heard at the beginning was Boucher this and Bouchr gets 'it", Boucher 1-3-1, Boucher the motivator, Boucher, Boucher, Boucher.... Talk about hyping a guy.  I know its not his fault, but I had enough...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He has not been as impressive as his reputation (built up by the media, TSN/VS in particular) makes him out to be. He has not adjusted well in-game so far. Still early in the series though....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from calrapa. Show calrapa's posts

In Response to Re: Boucher still the super motivator?:
    [QUOTE]all i heard at the beginning was Boucher this and Bouchr gets 'it", Boucher 1-3-1, Boucher the motivator, Boucher, Boucher, Boucher.... Talk about hyping a guy.  I know its not his fault, but I had enough...
    Posted by calrapa[/QUOTE]

even Scotty Bowman lost before he won....You gotta lose before you win...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

After game 2, Boucher talked about getting back to defensive hockey.  Talk about playing into the hands of the Bruins!  The Bruins would much rather have a tighter, more conservative game!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What's Boucher supposed to do start yelling at Vinny "Stop losing faceoffs to Bergeron!" The Bruins didn't dominate Timmy was a big part of this win I thought the Bruins were very sloppy. Plenty of time for Boucher to adjust.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calrapa. Show calrapa's posts

[QUOTE]After game 2, Boucher talked about getting back to defensive hockey.  Talk about playing into the hands of the Bruins!  The Bruins would much rather have a tighter, more conservative game!
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

whats becoming evident is that the bruins have alot of depth and quality players on every line. With Patrice in , you gotta luv their chances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]What's Boucher supposed to do start yelling at Vinny "Stop losing faceoffs to Bergeron!" The Bruins didn't dominate Timmy was a big part of this win I thought the Bruins were very sloppy. Plenty of time for Boucher to adjust.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If the Bruins were sloppy then what does that say about TB?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Series is far from over, next game is going to be a war w/TB playing for their lives.  B's just need to stick to the program and they'll be fine - they have the better team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]What's Boucher supposed to do start yelling at Vinny "Stop losing faceoffs to Bergeron!" The Bruins didn't dominate Timmy was a big part of this win I thought the Bruins were very sloppy. Plenty of time for Boucher to adjust.

Can't you say anything positive after a win.  Huge team effort and all you do is slam them. 

CJ picked something out like TSN was saying.  The soft chips in their end and the other players being there.  It worked.  Gotta work it down low all night with these  guys.  I give CJ a lot of flack but he may have coached his best game ever.  IMO only.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hate to disagree SD but Bruins might have played their best positional, and tactical  game this season.. The misdirection or the reverse flow against Tampa's forecheck by our D was a thing of beauty to witness, all night long.. Bruins always had an open man to take the dish pass and move it out of the zone ...They made smart plays and clearly was frustrating for Tampa forwards to handle..
    As for Boucher, I am still having a hard time  understanding his line rotations when he is the home team and has last change. .. How you let Chara eat Vinny's line for 17 of his 22 shifts is beyond comprehension to me.. He also should have double shifted his star players when he is trailing.. I think he got schooled by the Bald Guy :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

My point was that the Bruins aren't dominating and the series isn't over. I won't or refuse because of two wins in a row think that this series is in the bag. I also think coaches are at a loss and yelling sometimes still won't do anything. My other point is Thomas bailed out the Bs with some sloppy backchecking.

Last night was exceptionally better!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I like Boucher as a coach. Comes across as a no Bull guy post game interviews. Says it like it is. And man, when he gets fired up on the bench........you know it (see check on Krecji/penalty).

I agree Sandog, this series isn't over just yet. Saturday will see Tampa play for their lives. We'll see how the B's respond. Personally, I'd stick to the same strategy they employed last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Boucher a super motivator? YES!

He's motivated me to make sure that I ALWAYS wear a seatbelt and never ever shave after I've been drinking. I'm going to be extra careful cleaning out my lawnmower and won't be going to any Japanese steakhouses anytime soon. My face is my ace and I can't be putting it in harms way. I've seen the aftermath thanks to my guy Guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

I haven't been impressed with Boucher's attitude. Obviously I can't attest to his strategic adjustments or his teaching in the locker room. But it's always been my opinion that a good coach needs to stay cool, calm, and collected. How can you expect your players to be disciplined and focused if you're huffing and puffing and whining on the bench behind them?

The best coaches I've seen (Belichick, Francona, Scotty Bowman) always seem have that air of calmness and confidence. Ocassionally they will fire it up when their team needs a kick in the pants, but for the most part they're cool and collected. Boucher looks to have been the opposite of that so far.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Boucher is an excellent coach.  Just because you lose, doesn't mean you aren't good.  But he is being out-coached by Julien.  CJ is in the zone.  He has arrived.  He has his team playing outstanding hockey and he's picking apart the opposition.  They are playing patient hockey with the D playing with the puck which works great when TB only uses one forechecker.  Julien looks like the wise veteran schooling a kid.  But the Bruins are also a more talented team.  Coaching's a factor but in the bottom two lines and on defense the Bruins are clearly superior.  Also, bad move by Boucher in the late part of the game to put all his stars on one line, further making his lack of depth a problem and making it easier to match Chara and either Bergeron or Krejci against them.  The Bruins would win the draw and play with the puck until the big 3 were tired.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't been impressed with Boucher's attitude. Obviously I can't attest to his strategic adjustments or his teaching in the locker room. But it's always been my opinion that a good coach needs to stay cool, calm, and collected. How can you expect your players to be disciplined and focused if you're huffing and puffing and whining on the bench behind them? The best coaches I've seen (Belichick, Francona, Scotty Bowman) always seem have that air of calmness and confidence. Ocassionally they will fire it up when their team needs a kick in the pants, but for the most part they're cool and collected. Boucher looks to have been the opposite of that so far.
    posted by legolaspinkerton[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure how many times you've actually watched the lightning on tv, but if you're basing this on last night, he was completely out of character after that call. Boucher rarely reacts. This is the playoffs - emotions and tempers flare. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]Boucher is an excellent coach.  Just because you lose, doesn't mean you aren't good.  But he is being out-coached by Julien.  CJ is in the zone.  He has arrived.  He has his team playing outstanding hockey and he's picking apart the opposition.  They are playing patient hockey with the D playing with the puck which works great when TB only uses one forechecker.  Julien looks like the wise veteran schooling a kid.  But the Bruins are also a more talented team.  Coaching's a factor but in the bottom two lines and on defense the Bruins are clearly superior.  Also, bad move by Boucher in the late part of the game to put all his stars on one line, further making his lack of depth a problem and making it easier to match Chara and either Bergeron or Krejci against them.  The Bruins would win the draw and play with the puck until the big 3 were tired.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

yes, he is an excellent coach and it's his first time in the NHL playoffs. I'm sure CJ struggled his first few seasons and failed to bring a team to the conference championships. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Boucher is a new coach. CJ is an old coach. CJ is widely considered (outside of Boston) to be a very good coach. Boucher is getting noticed since he's a good young coach.

Would Boucher be considered such a great coach without St. Louis, Stamkos and Lecavelier? Would CJ be considered a great coach without Chara, TT and Bergeron? No to both.

Boucher is still a great young coach, Bs and CJ should get the credit for doing well not Boucher for coaching poorly. Plus there were 2 goals that you can't blame Boucher for, but you can blame him for not switching up the 1-3-1 I guess.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boucher still the super motivator? : i'm not sure how many times you've actually watched the lightning on tv, but if you're basing this on last night, he was completely out of character after that call. Boucher rarely reacts. This is the playoffs - emotions and tempers flare. 
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

I've only seen their games against the Bruins this year. So yes, I am basing my comments off orf how he looked last night (I have nothing else to base it from). And yes, I admit that's a small sample size.

But still, he did not look confident or collected last night. I remember thinking during the game, "If Boucher is going to be that emotional and unfocused for the rest of the series, the Bruins have this thing in the bag." I'm not saying he's a bad coach overall, but if that's atypical for him, then maybe it's just his youth/inexperience showing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I have not watched Boucher for any Length of time, but I am sure that Steve Yseman did before he presented Boucher to Jeff Vinick, a new, but very astute owner. I have watched El Claude for a looong time and actively chronicled his short comings, best represented by playing Shawn Thornton every game, when there were other, more skilled players readily available. I have also watched the stumbling Bruins PP, as otherwise, very skilled players, have been unable to establish any consistency all year long. Please don'e suggest that Claude, and his personally selected staff, are out-coaching anyone. Bouc her has melded a less skilled group of players into a team that is playing the Bruins, so he must have some skills.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

First year in the bigs. I think the guy will be just fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boucher still the super motivator? : I've only seen their games against the Bruins this year. So yes, I am basing my comments off orf how he looked last night (I have nothing else to base it from). And yes, I admit that's a small sample size. But still, he did not look confident or collected last night. I remember thinking during the game, "If Boucher is going to be that emotional and unfocused for the rest of the series, the Bruins have this thing in the bag." I'm not saying he's a bad coach overall, but if that's atypical for him, then maybe it's just his youth/inexperience showing.
    Posted by legolaspinkerton[/QUOTE]

yeah, i'll agree with you on that point, he didn't look confident last night. i'm sure the stress of the series is taking it's toll. hopefully he can regain his composure for saturday. the team likes him and he's done a great job with these guys. next year can only get better. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I have not watched Boucher for any Length of time, but I am sure that Steve Yseman did before he presented Boucher to Jeff Vinick, a new, but very astute owner. I have watched El Claude for a looong time and actively chronicled his short comings, best represented by playing Shawn Thornton every game, when there were other, more skilled players readily available. I have also watched the stumbling Bruins PP, as otherwise, very skilled players, have been unable to establish any consistency all year long. Please don'e suggest that Claude, and his personally selected staff, are out-coaching anyone. Bouc her has melded a less skilled group of players into a team that is playing the Bruins, so he must have some skills.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Tampa's PP unit....Stamkos, St. Loius, Lecavalier.  These are very skilled players. 

Sections
Shortcuts