Boudreau Fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Boudreau Fired

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381460

I wonder if a big trade will follow...big news down here that may even push the Redskins off talk-radio for 5-10 minutes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Boudreau Fired

Nice guy, put it all on the line by changing the whole system to help the team in the playoffs. I respect that. But when you have top guys on your team with the attitude of Semin, they are called coach killers for a reason. Theyre cancers, and I think Ovechkin needs a shaking up too. Perhaps Hunter is the right guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

PC should investigate whether he can get the Caps to overpay for Jared Knight now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Hunter could teach Ovechkin how to push people into a wall from behind allot better than he has been doing. PC should wait a month then call Boudreau about the Providence job, nice stop gap till Bruce is a NHL coach again.

I agree on McPhee their will be some shake up trades in Washington should be allot of bidders for Semin as a one year rental. I also see him going to the KHL next year tax free.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Will be interesting to see if he can get the Caps motivated to win again.......if the problem was really motivation/coach prep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ovechkin is a team killer. when a player determines how much he plays and when he plays, the coach is undermined. the best move boudreau made all year was benching ovie in that game late(final minute) where his replacement(?) scored the game-winner. took stones to do it... the caps are the anti-bruins. the caps go as ovie goes. the bruins rely on all 20 to get their wins. big reason why one team has won a cup, and the other disappoints every year in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

CAR fires Paul Maurice, Kirk Muller is the new guy.

Bob McKenzie

Dropping like flies...wonder if Jacques Martin is next.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

LA's coach is next.  Watch and see

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Boudreau Fired:
    ovechkin is a team killer. when a player determines how much he plays and when he plays, the coach is undermined. the best move boudreau made all year was benching ovie in that game late(final minute) where his replacement(?) scored the game-winner. took stones to do it... the caps are the anti-bruins. the caps go as ovie goes. the bruins rely on all 20 to get their wins. big reason why one team has won a cup, and the other disappoints every year in the playoffs.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I understand the premise of that statement but in reality that is pretty much what cost him his job. From the outside looking in it appeared Boudreau
    attempted to be a tougher coach this season while holding everyone including Ovechkin accountable.

I understand what he tried to do but unfortuneately in todays sports world with multi year million dollar contracts the superstar will win most everytime. It seems as though Ovie shut him out & to noone's surprise Boudreau gets the boot.

Now Hunter will come in and attempt to get the most out of Ovechkin while ultimately still trying to appease him.

The guy that they really need to get rid of on that team is Semin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LA's coach is next.  Watch and see
    Posted by shuperman

or Randy Carlyle  could be next

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

CAR fires Paul Maurice, Kirk Muller is the new guy. Bob McKenzie Dropping like flies...wonder if Jacques Martin is next.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin

Nice hire by the Canes. I think Muller will make a great coach & will be someone players will want to go through a wall for. I expect both the Caps & Canes to go on a bit of a role here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Can we get one of these guys to coach our PP?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As expected, these millionaires can truly tune a coach out. I agree on Muller, always hoped the Bruins could have landed him. Once again the financial balance that Chiarelli has brought to the Bruins is a big asset for Claude. Why would Jared Knight be in this commentary?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

As expected, these millionaires can truly tune a coach out. I agree on Muller, always hoped the Bruins could have landed him. Once again the financial balance that Chiarelli has brought to the Bruins is a big asset for Claude. Why would Jared Knight be in this commentary?
    Posted by bogie6

If I am not mistaken Knight played in London under Hunter and Dale Hunter is a huge fan of Knight. I think that is the relevance of bringing Knight up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

No surprise there. Ultimately Boudreau let the inmates run the asylum and it cost him. Lesson learned. Seems like a good coach though...I'll consider this his "Claude Julien, NJ Devils head coach" moment. He'll be back, and all the wiser for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No surprise there. Ultimately Boudreau let the inmates run the asylum and it cost him. Lesson learned. Seems like a good coach though...I'll consider this his "Claude Julien, NJ Devils head coach" moment. He'll be back, and all the wiser for it.
    Posted by seobrien

Don't think that was the case at all. if anything they tuned him out. Now by firing him, instead of trading Semin, you've pretty much empowered the players. Bruce benched Semin a couple of games ago, healthy scratch. He tried, but millionare players run the show. Happens everywhere, just happened with the Red Sox, happened in Denver because we all know Josh McDaniels is a better coach than Mike Shanahan, ya right.
    Problem is with the players here, not the coach. But you can't fire players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

McPhee should be fired too. The guy has done an absolutely god awful job at balancing out his team, setting them up for a deep playoff run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

finally!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I wonder which one will be coaching Columbus next year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Wow.....not surprised by the firing, but getting Dale Hunter to leave the London Knights (I think he's part owner along with his brother) is a surprise for me.

Good move, though.   I'm originally from the London Ontario area, and Dale Hunter is a great coach, especially with young talent.

Whether that translates into NHL hockey is the question, but I think he'll do a great job.  Should see more grit coming Washington way, if he gets any say.

Chowda, what do you think of Dale coming out othe OHL ranks to coach in the NHL?  He did wonders in London

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Boudreau Fired : Don't think that was the case at all. if anything they tuned him out. Now by firing him, instead of trading Semin, you've pretty much empowered the players. Bruce benched Semin a couple of games ago, healthy scratch. He tried, but millionare players run the show. Happens everywhere, just happened with the Red Sox, happened in Denver because we all know Josh McDaniels is a better coach than Mike Shanahan, ya right. Problem is with the players here, not the coach. But you can't fire players.
    Posted by kelvana33

Yeah, Kel. I suppose you are right. But how come some coaches do not let the spoiled millionaires run the show and get them to buy all in? Bylsma comes to mind, that must be quite a juggling act. It seems like it is an issue with ownership then, which I do not doubt. Maybe it was a matter of the organization (i.e. Coach, GM, owner) not being on the same page and trying to change horses mid-stream?

Ultimately, the more I look at it, I think there needs to be a sense of leadership from within the locker room itself. Crosby, Chara, Bergeron, Lidstrom, Yzerman, Orr, etc (even Brady, Bird, and Jeter to cite other sports) all demand(ed) the very best from their teammates as well as having the burning desire not to fail. Perhaps Boudreau could never coax that out of Alexander The Not-So-Great?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Will be interesting to see if guys are traded. Hunter isn't passive. Do you guys think Green will be made available?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Boudreau Fired : Yeah, Kel. I suppose you are right. But how come some coaches do not let the spoiled millionaires run the show and get them to buy all in? Bylsma comes to mind, that must be quite a juggling act. It seems like it is an issue with ownership then, which I do not doubt. Maybe it was a matter of the organization (i.e. Coach, GM, owner) not being on the same page and trying to change horses mid-stream? Ultimately, the more I look at it, I think there needs to be a sense of leadership from within the locker room itself. Crosby, Chara, Bergeron, Lidstrom, Yzerman, Orr, etc (even Brady, Bird, and Jeter to cite other sports) all demand(ed) the very best from their teammates as well as having the burning desire not to fail. Perhaps Boudreau could never coax that out of Alexander The Not-So-Great?
    Posted by seobrien

I'm not totally blaming it on Semin and the locker room attitude. I'm sure Bruce wishes he had done something different, and his next coaching job will benefit from it. Theres more than one problem here. The team was not built right around Ovechkin. When you have a player of his caliber, he's the guy you build around. Mike Knuble is a very good player. Did not belong on the same line as him. Ovechkin needs to be turned loose, and the good will far outweight the bad. Let great players do what they are great at. I would trade Semin, Green and get some character players with some skill.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

so when they keep being streaky and lose in the first rd of the playoffs again who do you think asks for a trade first...semin or ovie?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Boudreau Fired : Yeah, Kel. I suppose you are right. But how come some coaches do not let the spoiled millionaires run the show and get them to buy all in? Bylsma comes to mind, that must be quite a juggling act. It seems like it is an issue with ownership then, which I do not doubt. Maybe it was a matter of the organization (i.e. Coach, GM, owner) not being on the same page and trying to change horses mid-stream? Ultimately, the more I look at it, I think there needs to be a sense of leadership from within the locker room itself. Crosby, Chara, Bergeron, Lidstrom, Yzerman, Orr, etc (even Brady, Bird, and Jeter to cite other sports) all demand(ed) the very best from their teammates as well as having the burning desire not to fail. Perhaps Boudreau could never coax that out of Alexander The Not-So-Great?
    Posted by seobrien

2 good post there obie and kel. boudreau did very little with amount of talent he had over the years. he had 2 #1 seeds a 2nd and a 3rd in his 4 years in Washington and won a grand total of 2 playoff series. i mean the its the chicken or egg - players or the coach ,but were i come out obie and tell if u disagree but last years 24/7 on hbo with the Washington capitals and Pittsburgh penguins and there month before the winter classic told me all i needed to know about both coaches. Blysma was playing chess and boudreau was playing checkers. u could see that the players respected blysma and bought into his style, i mean right down to passing out a shovel after every game to guy that played the best in that game.

boudreau on the other hand seemed like his spent most of is time with team just trying reach them to play better. its seemed like there were no real leaders in the Washington locker room with the best players like ovechkin,semin,backstrom and green were the quietest of all the players in the locker room.

Sections
Shortcuts