Bourque out MacDermid in

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bourque out MacDermid in

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

Healthy Scratch. Paille up to the third line. 

Not really sure MacDermid is an upgrade over Bourque in any way. I thought maybe it had something to do with the new "tough Sabres", but other than super agitator Ott and the big goon Scott they really aren't all that tough at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bourque out MacDermid in

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Not really sure MacDermid is an upgrade over Bourque in any way. I thought maybe it had something to do with the new "tough Sabres", but other than super agitator Ott and the big goon Scott they really aren't all that tough at all.

It's not so much about MacDermid being an upgrade over Bourque. It's that Paille is an upgrade over Bourque on the third line and that Macdermid doesn't make the fourth line much worse, especially considering the type of game we're all expecting. That's how I see it anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I'm not real excited about the Bruins gooning up for the Sabres.  Let's just take the points.

Who is McDermid gonna fight, Weber?  I can't see anyone fighting Scott except for Thornton and Ott won't drop the gloves with anyone except for Campbell (or less).  Seems unnecessary, especially with pest #1 Kaleta out of the lineup.

Well, should be fun to watch...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It's not so much about MacDermid being an upgrade over Bourque. It's that Paille is an upgrade over Bourque on the third line and that Macdermid doesn't make the fourth line much worse, especially considering the type of game we're all expecting. That's how I see it anyway.

That's a fair point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It may be fair, but it has to hurt if you're Chris Bourque.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

It may be fair, but it has to hurt if you're Chris Bourque.

Also a fair point ;

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yeah, I'm not real excited about the Bruins gooning up for the Sabres.  Let's just take the points.

Who is McDermid gonna fight, Weber?  I can't see anyone fighting Scott except for Thornton and Ott won't drop the gloves with anyone except for Campbell (or less).  Seems unnecessary, especially with pest #1 Kaleta out of the lineup.

Well, should be fun to watch...

I saw John Scott yapping at chara last year with him skating away not wanting to entertain the big dumby.  I wouldn't be shocked if chara grabs him.  This has the making of the Dallas massacre.   Will be interesting for sure.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I believe that Paille is a downgrade from any AHL caliber player on any NHL line except the 4th.  I hate watching him play any roll other then the defensive minded merlot stalwart.

I would much rather see MacDermid on the 3rd line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I saw John Scott yapping at chara last year with him skating away not wanting to entertain the big dumby.  I wouldn't be shocked if chara grabs him.  This has the making of the Dallas massacre.   Will be interesting for sure.  

[/QUOTE]

A part of me wants to see that, but another part of me objects to Chara having anything to do with Scott.  If you think, like I do, that Chara is the most important player to the Bruins, it seems ridiculous to have him fighting a complete thug like Scott.  If Chara wins the fight he still sits for 5 minutes.  Not a good deal.  And it only gets worse from there.  What if he loses the fight and/or gets hurt?  Don't think it couldn't happen.

Nah, tonight's a night for Thronton to do his job and earn his money.  Thornton should tell Scott "you're getting me and nobody else" if you want to fight.  If Scott comes calling on Chara or Lucic, Thornton should immediately call on their skill players.  Let the goons slug it out.

I'm more interested in the undercard anyway...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This isn't about Julien gooning up it is about the coach making the right decesion for a very physical game that Bourque has not shown he is ready for.I have a feeling @RickyHussle, MacDermid will see some shifts on the 3rd line cause Paille hasn't done so great during the few shifts he's had after being moved up.

How long was MacDermid supposed to sit for ? I don't know if Payne or Camara will be able to replace Thornton in a few years and I certainly won't know about Lane if he's sitting up in press row all the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

A part of me wants to see that, but another part of me objects to Chara having anything to do with Scott.  If you think, like I do, that Chara is the most important player to the Bruins, it seems ridiculous to have him fighting a complete thug like Scott.  If Chara wins the fight he still sits for 5 minutes.  Not a good deal.  And it only gets worse from there.  What if he loses the fight and/or gets hurt?  Don't think it couldn't happen.

Nah, tonight's a night for Thronton to do his job and earn his money.  Thornton should tell Scott "you're getting me and nobody else" if you want to fight.  If Scott comes calling on Chara or Lucic, Thornton should immediately call on their skill players.  Let the goons slug it out.

I'm more interested in the undercard anyway...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but will counter with if he beats the big ape boston huge edge.    I don't want him fighting.  I think Scott is on my most disliked list.  He shouldn't be in the NHL.  Warm ups will be interesting.  Scott always skates through other teams warmup.  That's not gonna happen in boston.  I like the eye for eye mentality though.  Go grab vaneK.  And miller gets snowed first shift.  It's gonna be fun to watch tonight.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Coaching.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Scott is such a punk, and he thinks he's the most initimidating guy "on the ice".  I have to use scare quotes because the last time I actually saw him skating, I think I also saw Yetiburg breaking in on three on one with Snufflupagus and the Lock Ness Monster.

It would give me great pleasure if Lucic got in Miller's face all night and/or blasted Myers or Pominville through the boards.  Or Vanek.  Just to show that Scott's presence is a joke and the Bruins will do whatever it takes to get that lumbering chump on the ice and exploit him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but will counter with if he beats the big ape boston huge edge.    I don't want him fighting.  I think Scott is on my most disliked list.  He shouldn't be in the NHL.  Warm ups will be interesting.  Scott always skates through other teams warmup.  That's not gonna happen in boston.  I like the eye for eye mentality though.  Go grab vaneK.  And miller gets snowed first shift.  It's gonna be fun to watch tonight.  

[/QUOTE]

^ That's what I want to see.  Bring in all the goons you want, we're still gonna rattle your whiney goalie.

I remember watching Scott play at Michigan Tech (why on earth would he choose the NCAA route??).  He was a terrible skater there and I recall a bunch of 5'8 forwards running circles around him.  Then he got arrested for drunken assault and/or DUI and I think he got kicked off the team.  Apparently he had menaced and assaulted two students that were half his size while he was drunk.  So yeah, he's a bum. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[/QUOTE]

^ That's what I want to see.  Bring in all the goons you want, we're still gonna rattle your whiney goalie.

I remember watching Scott play at Michigan Tech (why on earth would he choose the NCAA route??).  He was a terrible skater there and I recall a bunch of 5'8 forwards running circles around him.  Then he got arrested for drunken assault and/or DUI and I think he got kicked off the team.  Apparently he had menaced and assaulted two students that were half his size while he was drunk.  So yeah, he's a bum. 

[/QUOTE]

Tonight's game is must see TV.  Power better not go down.  Crazy windy here

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I like the move...  This game could get ugly fast and this is a good swap too get more toughness.  With Kaleta, McCormick, Ott, and Scott all in the lineup, it makes no sense to have Bourque in there.   We don't want Chara, Horton, or Lucic to fight any of these scumbags although I would love to see Luc kick Ott's azz.  Leave the dirty work to Thornton, MacDermid, Campbell, and Darth Quaider.   I can't wait for this game.  What is the over/under on # of fights and penalty minutes?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I lost power last night.  Ugh.  Im in RI.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good call SanDog, you stated Claude would make this roster move for this game 2 weeks ago and I said he wouldnt..

Well done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I like the move...  This game could get ugly fast and this is a good swap too get more toughness.  With Kaleta, McCormick, Ott, and Scott all in the lineup, it makes no sense to have Bourque in there.   We don't want Chara, Horton, or Lucic to fight any of these scumbags although I would love to see Luc kick Ott's azz.  Leave the dirty work to Thornton, MacDermid, Campbell, and Darth Quaider.   I can't wait for this game.  What is the over/under on # of fights and penalty minutes?

McCormick is out, Kaleta is out, Regher is out. With the exception of Scott, Ott, and Marcus Folgino there aren't many physical/nasty players on the Sabres. If they try to match the Bruins physically tonight they are going to get masacred on the ice and probably on the scoreboard. The Bruins thrive in physical games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yeah, this makes sense. I've liked Paille's play so far this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lost power for a little bit, luckily they have generators here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Good call SanDog, you stated Claude would make this roster move for this game 2 weeks ago and I said he wouldnt..Well done.

I'll hold my pat on the back, Fluery looking good so far :D

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's funny, windy as hell in CO today too.  I have the same worries...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Lost it for an hour.  Back on.  Gotta get snacks ready soon.  

Sections
Shortcuts