Bourque out MacDermid in

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Re: Bourque out MacDermid in

Thanks for the update, Bisson.  Darn. I was hoping that Kaleta would be in there.  I remember Ott creating a shiitestorm here when he played for Dallas and Jack Edwards calling him "Brave Steve".  Good stuff. 

In response to Bisson1's comment:

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I like the move...  This game could get ugly fast and this is a good swap too get more toughness.  With Kaleta, McCormick, Ott, and Scott all in the lineup, it makes no sense to have Bourque in there.   We don't want Chara, Horton, or Lucic to fight any of these scumbags although I would love to see Luc kick Ott's azz.  Leave the dirty work to Thornton, MacDermid, Campbell, and Darth Quaider.   I can't wait for this game.  What is the over/under on # of fights and penalty minutes?

McCormick is out, Kaleta is out, Regher is out. With the exception of Scott, Ott, and Marcus Folgino there aren't many physical/nasty players on the Sabres. If they try to match the Bruins physically tonight they are going to get masacred on the ice and probably on the scoreboard. The Bruins thrive in physical games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Thanks for the update, Bisson.  Darn. I was hoping that Kaleta would be in there.  I remember creating a shiitestorm here when he played for Dallas and Jack Edwards calling him "Brave Steve".  Good stuff. 

Jack had a lot of good lines from that game. My favorite involving Hnidy and Niskinen. Something about "Sherrif Shane Hnidy rearranging Niskinen's kisser" and something about "not being a pretty little boy anymore".... hmm, I've gotta watch that video again...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Only announcers more homer then boston is San Jose.  and pittsburgh.  I can't mute it though.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Only announcers more homer then boston is San Jose.  and pittsburgh.  I can't mute it though.  

And why would you?  Jack Edwards is the man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

On a random note:

Today is Seguins Birthday = goal(s).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

On a random note:

Today is Seguins Birthday = goal(s).

Happy birthday TYLER !    A hat trick tonight ???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yeah, I'm not real excited about the Bruins gooning up for the Sabres.  Let's just take the points.

Who is McDermid gonna fight, Weber?  I can't see anyone fighting Scott except for Thornton and Ott won't drop the gloves with anyone except for Campbell (or less).  Seems unnecessary, especially with pest #1 Kaleta out of the lineup.

Well, should be fun to watch...

I saw John Scott yapping at chara last year with him skating away not wanting to entertain the big dumby.  I wouldn't be shocked if chara grabs him.  This has the making of the Dallas massacre.   Will be interesting for sure.  

I'm with you, shupe.  I'd hate the trade-off in terms of on-ice value.  Advantage Sabres.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'd also put the Leafs' Joe "Bless You Boys" Bowen in the running.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I don't know, Rick Jeanneret of the Sabre's is pretty bad. Vanek shoots! He scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooores !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of couse when its the opposition............  Lucic shoots........ he scores!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I'd also put the Leafs' Joe "Bless You Boys" Bowen in the running.

You mean Joe "Holy Mackinaw"Bowen ? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I don't know, Rick Jeanneret of the Sabre's is pretty bad. Vanek shoots! He scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooores !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of couse when its the opposition............  Lucic shoots........ he scores!

Forgot about him.   He's up there with the other 3.  San Jose the other day made me laugh it was so bad.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If the Bruins lose tonight, is it because Bourque didn't play?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

If the Bruins lose tonight, is it because Bourque didn't play?

Bruins win 5-2.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

MacDermid got KO'd by Brett Gallant back on 11/18 and has only fought 2 times since.  Did fair too well in either bout (Frazer McLaren & Michael Haley).

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/4997/fightcard/reg2013

Not sure about the wisdom of this roster move.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Smat thinking, MacDermid is just in because Bourque was not generating anything with Kelly and Peverly.  Coaching as watchtower states, nothing more.  

I like the move...  This game could get ugly fast and this is a good swap too get more toughness.  With Kaleta, McCormick, Ott, and Scott all in the lineup, it makes no sense to have Bourque in there.   We don't want Chara, Horton, or Lucic to fight any of these scumbags although I would love to see Luc kick Ott's azz.  Leave the dirty work to Thornton, MacDermid, Campbell, and Darth Quaider.   I can't wait for this game.  What is the over/under on # of fights and penalty minutes?

McCormick is out, Kaleta is out, Regher is out. With the exception of Scott, Ott, and Marcus Folgino there aren't many physical/nasty players on the Sabres. If they try to match the Bruins physically tonight they are going to get masacred on the ice and probably on the scoreboard. The Bruins thrive in physical games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Smat thinking, MacDermid is just in because Bourque was not generating anything with Kelly and Peverly.  Coaching as watchtower states, nothing more.  

I'm thinking that MacDermid was just in because of who the Bruins were playing. Not because of Bourque not generating. 

As it turns out, Macdermid was no upgrade from Bourque.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

MacDermid did not play on on the 3rd line so he could not be a replacement.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Huh ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Huh ?

It's pretty straight forward. Paille replaced Bourque and the 3rd line looked terrific. MacDermid replaced Paille and the 4th line was weaker. Perhaps it also had something to do with Thornton only having the one shift. Last night's game only solidified the idea that the team is worse with Bourque in the lineup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks Dez and yah he knew what I meant. Looks like the scarecrow will have to deal with Orr Saturday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thanks Dez and yah he knew what I meant. Looks like the scarecrow will have to deal with Orr Saturday.

Of course he knew San but heaven forbid being straight forward and honest. That'd be far too easy for some to attempt. In his defense, Stanley and Heyoo couldn't figure it out either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Huh ?

It's pretty straight forward. Paille replaced Bourque and the 3rd line looked terrific. MacDermid replaced Paille and the 4th line was weaker. Perhaps it also had something to do with Thornton only having the one shift. Last night's game only solidified the idea that the team is worse with Bourque in the lineup.

I'm not stuck on Bourque staying in the lineup. But wouldn't a win have solidified that idea better ? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Huh ?

I'm not stuck on Bourque staying in the lineup. But wouldn't a win have solidified that idea better ? 

Yes, Macdermid must've been the reason why the Bruins lost. Bourque would've turned that game around for sure. Let's totally ignore the fact the 3rd line was finally solid again and that the Bruins played a man short on the bench all night. All hail Chris Bourque. He's (apparently) the difference maker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Actually no I didn't. Didn't make sense and still doesn't.

Bourque out and MacDermid in, means he replaced him in the lineup. How else would one say it ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yes, Macdermid must've been the reason why the Bruins lost. Bourque would've turned that game around for sure. Let's totally ignore the fact the 3rd line was finally solid again and that the Bruins played a man short on the bench all night. All hail Chris Bourque. He's (apparently) the difference maker.

All of the above was never said, implied or even thought of by me.

Great ideas though. It solidifies why with Bourque in the lineup they are worse. Nothing beats losing. 

Sections
Shortcuts