Bourque placed on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Bourque placed on waivers

I thought he had a 2-way contract (1-way next season).  Why does he need to go on waivers to be sent down???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Bourque placed on waivers

Waivers is purely a function of seasons pro and number of games played.  Two-way just means he earns less in the AHL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Come on Maple Leafs!  Snap up Bourque before it's too late.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

You have to think this is the precursor to a move...

Or else they would've just played Bourque until making a move...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

You have to think this is the precursor to a move...

Or else they would've just played Bourque until making a move...

They're at the roster limit. If they're making a move without a roster player going the other way, then a waiver was necessary. So yeah, I think we'll see a move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Waive Pandolfo and keep Bourque would've been my move, if you want to bring Caron or Spooner up. No way does he make it through waivers , AHL teams needing a point per game playmaker will snap him up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bourque was not producing, tough break

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Preferably by 7:00 est tonight?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Waive Pandolfo and keep Bourque would've been my move, if you want to bring Caron or Spooner up. No way does he make it through waivers , AHL teams needing a point per game playmaker will snap him up.

San- I thought if he was claimed on waivers he had to play in the show?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

At least Chris and Ray can sit on the porch years from now and talk to the grandkids about their careers with the Bruins but for now Chris can spend his time trying to break Willie Marshall's all time points record.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Preferably by 7:00 est tonight?

I believe teams can put in claims until noon tomorrow, so no way to the leafs can get him for tonight........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I hope NAS is not in tears. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Being Ray Bourque's son, trying desparately to not be known as Ray Bourque's son (play forward) and then play for Bourque's team....unless you are truly a chip off the old block, the odds are stacked against you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Being Ray Bourque's son, trying desparately to not be known as Ray Bourque's son (play forward) and then play for Bourque's team....unless you are truly a chip off the old block, the odds are stacked against you.

It also does not help when you are 5 foot 7, 160 pounds, 27 years old, and have 30ish games of NHL experience with nothing to show for it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Blllllaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Blahhhhhhhhhhh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK, Chris tried and didn't make it. Still, I cannot believe the report that Claude thought the 4th line played a great game in Washington. Claude has rose colored glasses that fail to recognize how useless Thornton is, and how the CAPS totally dominated both the 4th and 3rd lines, as well as Kreji's [ I won't call his the 1st] line. Washington won with the same attack as last year's playoff. Size, speed, agressive checking all over the ice. Claude failed to mention how poorly Seidenberg, Ference, Hamilton and McQ played. Bourque must be the first of a few more changes. We'll see tonight since Toronto will play the same hard, swift, hitting game that has added wins to this year's squad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I hope NAS is not in tears. 

Looks like he's incomprehensible

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I apologize for not reading the full thread before posting.

I just wanted to throw my support behind Ryan Spooner until a trade can be made.  I would like to see the kid.  I think he is far enough along that he won't be stunted by a callup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

I apologize for not reading the full thread before posting.

I just wanted to throw my support behind Ryan Spooner until a trade can be made.  I would like to see the kid.  I think he is far enough along that he won't be stunted by a callup.

I think Spooner will be staying put in Providence for the year unless something drastic happens (like a rash of injuries). Pandolfo is filling in until PC pulls off a trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

At 5 foot 7 you better be able to put the puck in the net or fight like Stan Jonathan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to getoffthephone's comment:

At 5 foot 7 you better be able to put the puck in the net or fight like Stan Jonathan.

Even if Chris could score half as much as Jonathan he probably would've been fine. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

he'll always have Toronto...:-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

San- I thought if he was claimed on waivers he had to play in the show?

Correct.  I can't remember if it's like Rule 5 in baseball where, if you claim him and you don't play him in the NHL, you have to offer him back or what....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Bourque was not producing, tough break

If Bourques wasnt producing and it cost him to go on waivers. Shouldnt the whole 3rd line be on waivers?

Sections
Shortcuts