Boy did we miss Ryder!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Boy did we miss Ryder!

I was t.o.'d that he was let go. I've got to believe he would have been good for 3 or 4 goals in this series and you know what? 3 or 4 goals would have made it a 4-1 or 4-2 game series for the Bruins. The B's, specifically Chia, never give pure goal scorers enough credence. That's why they let Ryder go, why they never traded for a big shooter at the deadline, and, ultimately, why they lost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: Boy did we miss Ryder!

Dumbest thing I ever heard....Last season Segun watched the first round from the top of the garden (remember he did not play).  Are you trying to say that Segun was not a good replacement for Ryder? 

Sure Ryder is better than Poliot, but he is not worth what Dallas paid for him...to say that we lost because Ryder was not on the team is absurd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The only dumb thing is your thinking the Bruins couldn't have BOTH Ryder and Seguin. Do you think they would have had to trade Seguin to keep Ryder? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

we get it you like ryder. did ryder improve the pp? nope it was just as bad last year. did ryder bring TT back to earth? nope. did ryder keep the top six forwards quiet in the playoffs? nope. your post should have ended after "i was t.o.'d that he was let go". the fact remains that the bruins were a higher seed this year than last with ryder. why not just blame the series on caron, mottau, zanon and rolston? they lost in the first round with these guys, must be their fault using your logic. ryder... to my knowledge had zero goals, zero assists, and zero shots on goal in the 2012 playoffs. it's like he wasn't even there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

ADK: the pp stinks because of the system, not the players. And Ryder's goals would be most likely even strength goals, which, if you bothered to think about it, even 1 goal by Ryder in any of the games they lost (all by 1 goal, 2 in ot) would likely have been wins instead. Your logic is baffling.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Boy did we miss Ryder!:
    [QUOTE]Dumbest thing I ever heard....Last season Segun watched the first round from the top of the garden (remember he did not play).  Are you trying to say that Segun was not a good replacement for Ryder?  Sure Ryder is better than Poliot, but he is not worth what Dallas paid for him...to say that we lost because Ryder was not on the team is absurd.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you on one count. Do you forget Ryder scored 35 goals this season which lead the Dallas Stars ? Loui Eriksson & Jamie Benn were next with 26 goals. I think Dallas got a fair return for 3.5 million.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]ADK: the pp stinks because of the system, not the players. And Ryder's goals would be most likely even strength goals, which, if you bothered to think about it, even 1 goal by Ryder in any of the games they lost (all by 1 goal, 2 in ot) would likely have been wins instead. Your logic is baffling.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    i prefer to live in the "real world", instead of dreaming about how many goals a guy that doesn't play for the bruins would score for the bruins if he were here. how many goals should have bergeron potted this playoffs? marchand? seguin? ONE MORE GOAL FROM ANY OF THESE GUYS WOULD HAVE DONE THE TRICK AS WELL. atleast they actually play for the team we're talking about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

All the best for Michael Ryder, I think he was a decent teammate.  He was undoubtedly more frustrating to watch on the Bs team as he was in Montreal.  He was a factor in last year's playoffs.  Otherwise look at his career stats, then think what he will do next year for Dallas.  The Bs if healty would have been fine without Ryder.  I for one was bored to tears watching glyder!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

So you would keep Ryder and spend to the cap this year knowing that next year you have 6 UFAs and 2 RFAs?   Oh, and of course you know that all of the possible starting goalies will be up for free agency in the next 2 seasons. 

As I said, sure Ryder is better than poliot, and I personally stated last year that I did not think that the Poliot for Ryder was going to be an even swap...but the fact is, Ryder was not worth the $3.5m cap hit that he earned down in Dallas, not based on his performance as a Bruin. 

That said, I was quite happy with our offense this year...Best in the league; however, no one could forsee Horton missing half the year.

So therefore, you sir...seem to have lost a couple of Chicklets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

well...Ryder would have made the glove same in game 5 that Timmy didnt ftl

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

We missed Horton and Bergeron much more than we missed Ryder. If Horton was out and Bergeron lame last year, we wouldn't have beaten the Habs. This year's team was better, just less lucky.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]well...Ryder would have made the glove same in game 5 that Timmy didnt ftl
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Then he would have scored the winner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think they would have won if they had Savard,Horton,Oates,Janney,Guerin.....who cares about Ryder, he isn't on the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]I think they would have won if they had Savard,Horton,Oates,Janney,Guerin.....who cares about Ryder, he isn't on the team.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]we get it you like ryder. did ryder improve the pp? nope it was just as bad last year. did ryder bring TT back to earth? nope. did ryder keep the top six forwards quiet in the playoffs? nope. your post should have ended after "i was t.o.'d that he was let go". the fact remains that the bruins were a higher seed this year than last with ryder. why not just blame the series on caron, mottau, zanon and rolston? they lost in the first round with these guys, must be their fault using your logic. ryder... to my knowledge had zero goals, zero assists, and zero shots on goal in the 2012 playoffs. it's like he wasn't even there. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Actually Ryder led the Bruins with PP goals 2010-2011 season. Look before you hate.
    People are entitled to their opinions. There are a lot of B's fans who liked Ryder. Just because you and others don't doesn't make the opinions of those who do less valid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Yes they missed Ryder but missed Horton more!
    With out them The B's don't get out of the first round last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boy did we miss Ryder! : Actually Ryder led the Bruins with PP goals 2010-2011 season. Look before you hate. People are entitled to their opinions. There are a lot of B's fans who liked Ryder. Just because you and others don't doesn't make the opinions of those who do less valid.
    Posted by Krispy73[/QUOTE]
    no hate. just not living in a fairy tale world. opinions are one thing, but to insist on something that is fictional (how many goals ryder WOULD'VE had), is nonsense. last year TT was the best player in the playoffs. if you take last years stats and apply them to this year (what is being done here), then how come the bruins are done in 7? oh yeah, they were LAST YEARS STATS. get over the fact he DOES NOT PLAY FOR THE BRUINS. it's like wishing you were still with your ex, after THEY have moved on. it's easier if you just move on yourself, instead of thinking about the life you could have had together. get over it, he's a dallas star. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

chia didn't want to offend savvy so he kept the latter off ltir for as long as possible.  that money could have paid ryder.  the newfie would have been good for one or two goals during this playoff series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]ADK: the pp stinks because of the system, not the players. And Ryder's goals would be most likely even strength goals, which, if you bothered to think about it, even 1 goal by Ryder in any of the games they lost (all by 1 goal, 2 in ot) would likely have been wins instead. Your logic is baffling.
    Having Ryder means you'd miss out on your idol Pouliot (who scored 1 goal). So take away any of his actual contribution before applying Ryder's fictional contribution. Only then can you get an "accurate" assessment of what "could've been".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Right, Karl, and that would have been enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Having Ryder means you'd miss out on your idol Pouliot (who scored 1 goal). So take away any of his actual contribution before applying Ryder's fictional contribution. Only then can you get an "accurate" assessment of what "could've been".--dez

You're presuming having Pouliot (who may well be considered Recchi's replacement, which he was and then some--his 16 goals versus Recchi's 14) woould have precluded having kept Ryder as well. Like dbg1 you're way off Dez.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Having Ryder means you'd miss out on your idol Pouliot (who scored 1 goal). So take away any of his actual contribution before applying Ryder's fictional contribution. Only then can you get an "accurate" assessment of what "could've been".--dez You're presuming having Pouliot (who may well be considered Recchi's replacement, which he was and then some--his 16 goals versus Recchi's 14) woould have precluded having kept Ryder as well. Like dbg1 you're way off Dez.
    Where would Pouliot have played?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Pouliot's pretty versatile. Plus if Ryder stayed the Bruins would have made other moves than the ones they did, accordingly, to allow for Ryder and Pouliot to coexist. Deals like the Rolston one, bringing up Hammill and caron, etc. would have been unneccesary, though I'm liking Caron as he's developing into a good cornerman now, and Rolston chipped in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

There was room for 8 wingers. Lucic, Horton, Seguin, Marchand, Peverley, Pouliot, Paille, and Thornton.  Caron was the 9th winger.  Pouliot doesn't fight or kill penalties and isn't at all versatile. I don't know what would make anyone think that he was. So if Ryder was there then Pouliot wouldn't have been. That's obvious to most people.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Ryder makes $3.5 mil playing on the 1st line in Dallas, he wouldn't & couldn't make that much playing on the 3rd line in Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts