Boy do I love the neutral zone trap!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Boy do I love the neutral zone trap!

B's played it to perfection tonight in the third.  CJ is a genius!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Boy do I love the neutral zone trap!

In Response to Boy do I love the neutral zone trap!:
    [QUOTE]B's played it to perfection tonight in the third.  CJ is a genius!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Hang, do you remember 2 games into the playoffs when some posters wanted to see him fired mid-series? I dare say he's outcoaching Laviolette quite badly right now. If I was Philly management I'd expect him to make the right goalie choice BEFORE one of the games starts. CJ is getting the best of him on most of the matches so far. Let's hope it continues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Boy do I love the neutral zone trap!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Boy do I love the neutral zone trap! : Hang, do you remember 2 games into the playoffs when some posters wanted to see him fired mid-series? I dare say he's outcoaching Laviolette quite badly right now. If I was Philly management I'd expect him to make the right goalie choice BEFORE one of the games starts. CJ is getting the best of him on most of the matches so far. Let's hope it continues.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I hear you dez...problem for Lavvy is that there is no "right" goalie choice, and that's on Holmgren for not upgrading.

All CJ has to do is win to shut up the critics - of which I am one unless he closes the deal here!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boy do I love the neutral zone trap! : I hear you dez...problem for Lavvy is that there is no "right" goalie choice, and that's on Holmgren for not upgrading. All CJ has to do is win to shut up the critics - of which I am one unless he closes the deal here!
    I actually think Bobrovsky has played way better than I expected though. He's got to get the call in game 4 but whatever,I don't care who Philly starts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boy do I love the neutral zone trap! : I actually think Bobrovsky has played way better than I expected though. He's got to get the call in game 4 but whatever,I don't care who Philly starts.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I can't imagine Lavvy starting Boucher again, but I bet Bob will be on a short leash, as usual!  I've never seen anything like this before, if I were a Flyer fan I would be livid!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

A close friend of mine is a Flyers fan and the sad truth is that they had some really weak stretches this season. There was so much hope with last year's run and a strong start this year, but they went into the playoffs the same way Bruins fans do...wondering if they can get out of each round.

The goalie thing is a tough pill to swallow, and most of the Philly blame pie is going to the players and not the coach.

Stevie Y is looking like a genius down in Tampa, isnt he? Wonder if Philly would like Rolo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Flyers should have taken one less expensive forward and gotten a half-decent goalie.  It's killing them.  And they are being out-coached, CJ's doing great.  But Al Arbour or Scotty Bowman couldn't help the Flyers with that goal tending and Pronger hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You like the trap eh?  Wait until we face Tampa.  Hate the trap.  They should just put the red line back in and let teams water ski off each other.  I find it funny how they just forgot about interference.  I mean a few yrs ago you couldnt get in front of someone dumping the puck.  That rule has gone bye bye.

TBays system is so boring.  The Caps should have dumped it all game.  Then everyone curl off and wait at their blue line.  Wait for one PP goal. And win 1-0. 
    Outside of the Bruins success I find these playoffs very very boring.  I mean Boston and Montreal climaxed during the reg season.  Philly Boston is a yawner as well.  Where is the hatred and passion. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]You like the trap eh?  Wait until we face Tampa.  Hate the trap.  They should just put the red line back in and let teams water ski off each other.  I find it funny how they just forgot about interference.  I mean a few yrs ago you couldnt get in front of someone dumping the puck.  That rule has gone bye bye. TBays system is so boring.  The Caps should have dumped it all game.  Then everyone curl off and wait at their blue line.  Wait for one PP goal. And win 1-0.  Outside of the Bruins success I find these playoffs very very boring.  I mean Boston and Montreal climaxed during the reg season.  Philly Boston is a yawner as well.  Where is the hatred and passion. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

you must be joking

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

about what?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boy do I love the neutral zone trap! : Agreed, I can't imagine Lavvy starting Boucher again, but I bet Bob will be on a short leash, as usual!  I've never seen anything like this before, if I were a Flyer fan I would be livid!

I was sort of wondering if it's easier on them this way to just be able to shrug it off due to goaltending.  They don't have to give any credit that way and they get to point fingers at the GM.  Either way, I'm happy...but it'd be better if Boston was giving them this schooling w/o such a glaring weakness.  As for the other Flyers, well...we all gave them more credit yesterday, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]You like the trap eh?  Wait until we face Tampa.  Hate the trap.  They should just put the red line back in and let teams water ski off each other.  I find it funny how they just forgot about interference.  I mean a few yrs ago you couldnt get in front of someone dumping the puck.  That rule has gone bye bye. TBays system is so boring.  The Caps should have dumped it all game.  Then everyone curl off and wait at their blue line.  Wait for one PP goal. And win 1-0.  Outside of the Bruins success I find these playoffs very very boring.  I mean Boston and Montreal climaxed during the reg season.  Philly Boston is a yawner as well.  Where is the hatred and passion. 

ISN'T THERE A GOLF TOURNAMENT YOU COULD GO WATCH  INSTEAD?

You're not a hockey fan...just as I suspected!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boy do I love the neutral zone trap! : ISN'T THERE A GOLF TOURNAMENT YOU COULD GO WATCH  INSTEAD? You're not a hockey fan...just as I suspected!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    Huh?  I am not permitted to have an opinion. 
    The 1st round was decent but I just wasnt fond of some of the teams advancing.  I didnt think th Boston Montreal met the hype. 
    The 2nd round is a complete bore to watch.  3 series will be sweeps.  Who really cares about watching a trap team Tampa?  Nashville?
    SJ is playing some inspired hockey.
    Hope you like 7 days without playoffs.  Its getting like the NBA.  Where is battles and hate filled hockey games.  Every game is more concerned about questionable hits and the refs winning games.

Last time I checked we all are entitled to opinions.  If you like it fine.  I personally don't.  Now go cram walnuts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How can anyone who enjoys hockey like watching a trap style game.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boy do I love the neutral zone trap! : ISN'T THERE A GOLF TOURNAMENT YOU COULD GO WATCH  INSTEAD? You're not a hockey fan...just as I suspected!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    BOA,you might be able to call Shupe any number of things but to say he's "not a hockey fan" is as ridiculous as it gets. While he and I often disagree,one thing I'd never question is his passion for the game. Anyone who's spent any time at all at this forum knows that(which means you know better).How many others do you also "suspect" ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

haha, I just read the part about not being a hockey fan.  what am I then.  i will love to hear this.  I guess you are superfan right?  I will love to hear your argument of me not being a hockey fan.  Most hockey fans don't even use blogs.  If anything I like hockey too much.  Not much a hockey fan for the new aged hockey.  I agree with that. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez,
    thanks buddy, but you don't need to defend me.  I actually said outside of Boston's success.  Selective reading on his part. 
    I am just missing something.  Maybe its b/c all the canadian teams are out and the fact that Tampa has no fan base.
    I thought Philly and Boston was gonna be a war.  It hasnt been.  I am gonna miss watching hockey for a week.  I wish they would start up immediately

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez, thanks buddy, but you don't need to defend me.  I actually said outside of Boston's success.  Selective reading on his part.  I am just missing something.  Maybe its b/c all the canadian teams are out and the fact that Tampa has no fan base. I thought Philly and Boston was gonna be a war.  It hasnt been.  I am gonna miss watching hockey for a week.  I wish they would start up immediately
    Shupe, I found myself dreading the downtime between series' but remembered the alternative. I quickly found myself praying for a sweep again. I also thought last night's game to be rather anticlimactic. It's almost a letdown after the Habs series was such a rollercoaster. I guess maybe I don't really like hockey anymore either.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

tampa is an incredibly fun team to watch. disciplined, smart, got some really intelligent players. the first round was AMAZING, not okay, but AMAZING. 4 game 7s in round 1, two game 7 OTs? detroit is down 3-0 but they lost two overtime gmaes. they could be up 2-1. How has that not been a good series to watch. Same with tampa vs washington. The bruins series is theo nly one that hasn't been close

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

tampa is extremely boring to watch.  all that skill and no one crosses the red line.  I personally find it boring.  They have allstar skill and guys that work hard and play a system to the max.  Its winning hockey but very very boring to watch.  Thats just my opinion.
    SJ is on a mission.  Detroit could easily be in this series.  But its likely over in 4 games.  That to me is not good hockey. They have no chance in this series. Caps were done after game 2.  Sweep.

Round one was awesome compared to this round. But I still wasnt a big fan of round one.  My opinion only. 
    I hope everyone is loving it.  I am just not one of them and I watch hockey 24/7

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I don't think you do. I don't think you have watched the SJ detroit series or the tampa series. How can it be that the detroit series isn't good hockey when 2/3 of the games have gone into OT?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dauber,
    my girlfriend is my witness b/c I havent seen her in a month.  The Dteroit/SJ is ok.  Its fast, BUT the amount of penalties has taken some of the luster.  I actually am one that likes watching detroit play b/c they just love having the puck.  But when a series is 3-0 its pretty much run its course hasnt it? 

The Tampa series.  Are you serious.  Washington showed no heart or effort.  They couldnt break through the trap.  Washington played some of the most uninspired hockey in playoff history.  Between every period they were showing Backstrom, Semin and how they quit.  Are you telling me that exciting.  Are you telling me that watching guys like Stampkos/Vinny/St. Loius sit back in a death trap and wait for opportunity is exciting hockey. 
    It wins games but is very boring.  Washington is forced to dump and chase or try and break through.  They didnt do either well.  I blame the Caps more than Tampa.
    Bottom line is when 3 series are likely sweeps how is that good hockey or enjoyable hockey when there hasnt been one ugly moment.  Not one.  Washington series?  Nope.  Detroit series? Nope.  other than snowing the goalies every chance they can. Philly and Boston.  Two of the roughest and hard nosed teams in hockey history.  I almost yawned last night flipping back and forth.  It was so bad at one point I watched CNN for 10 minutes. 
    The semis likely feature Boston and Tampa and Van vs SJ. 
    I believe the SJ Van series may be the best one this year.  Boston and Tampa will try to out trap each other. 

You must like watching paint dry as well.  All these OT games don't impress me.  To me its trap systems vs trap systems. 

I will say this.  Game 2 Philly vs Boston was an excellent back and forth game.  I wish there were more of them. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I don't mind the neutral zone trap onnly if they keep forechecking and that is what the Bruins did last night!  Just sitting on a lead is an open door for trouble!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Boy do I love the neutral zone trap!:
    [QUOTE]B's played it to perfection tonight in the third.  CJ is a genius!

Yessss, reminded me of the Devils back in the day when they had Scott Stevens. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

lucaoo,wait until the Tampa series and we can talk about this more.  I don't mind shuting a team down in a close game late.  I just dont like it from the opening faceoff.  And Tampa's system slows the game down to a snail pace

Sections
Shortcuts