Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie Close
    Defenceman Johnny Boychuk has agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension with BOS, with an AAV of $3.36M. #tsn

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per

In Response to Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per:
    [QUOTE]Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie Close Defenceman Johnny Boychuk has agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension with BOS, with an AAV of $3.36M. #tsn
    Posted by 1punchknockout[/QUOTE]
    That's higher than I would've liked but still reasonable enough. Cap geek already shows the new deal. It's exactly what Bob said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And capgeek already has it updated. Seems ok by me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Agree, would be nice to get him comfortable at the point on the pp. Make him that much more valuable

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

awful, awful, awful

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I like the signing. Keep em around. He's not THAT bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per:
    [QUOTE]awful, awful, awful
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    Are you commenting on your success rate with predictions this year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

OK, then who do you suggest they get who is better for that price?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : OK, then who do you suggest they get who is better for that price?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I'm pleased we've got the D locked up for next year too (other than Corvo).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Ohh burn.

Ditch Corvo. Grab Oduya?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Ohh burn. Ditch Corbo. Grab Oduya?
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Sigh... I'm gonna have to put up with the Oduya talk right up until the 27th, aren't I?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yup! OK ok ok. I'm done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Why so awfull?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

He's statistically very similar to Gleason (although Boychuck has the slight edge in stats). He also has more playoff experience and better playoff stats than Gleason.

Everyone around here was pining for Gleason (myself included) and agreed with the deal he recently recieved 4mil Cap Hit for 4 years. So by comparison Boychuck at 3.36 is a good signing by Chiarelli.

I dont think Johnny Rocket has peaked offensively yet and his skating is rounding out from below average to just about average. I expect him to be a real solid #4-5 dman for these next 3 years.

Better to sign him now than way overpay when he hits FA in the summer. Lots of fans of other teams pinned him potentially signing north of 4mil a year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

Leaving $9M (w/o Savard LTIR included) to sign Rask, a defenseman (Corvo), Kelly, Campbell, Paille and Thornton this summer. Chiarelli has some decisions to make for sure. It will be an interesting camp in September as I see more veteran invites with no one-way contracts so he can have some room.

PC better keep Paille because their is no one who can replace those 10 minutes and PK brilliance. If Hamilton isn't ready then that $9M starts to disappear with another vet stop gap coming in in the Boychuk price range.

Can anyone guarantee Savard doesn't start feeling better this summer ? Or the cap is going to more than what it is is now coming out of the new CBA ?

Got to be careful here Peter...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Good deal overall. It's basically what Ference got plus bonus for the cap going up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]He's statistically very similar to Gleason (although Boychuck has the slight edge in stats). He also has more playoff experience and better playoff stats than Gleason. Everyone around here was pining for Gleason (myself included) and agreed with the deal he recently recieved 4mil Cap Hit for 4 years. So by comparison Boychuck at 3.36 is a good signing by Chiarelli. I dont think Johnny Rocket has peaked offensively yet and his skating is rounding out from below average to just about average. I expect him to be a real solid #4-5 dman for these next 3 years. Better to sign him now than way overpay when he hits FA in the summer. Lots of fans of other teams pinned him potentially signing north of 4mil a year.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Exactly. After the Gleason deal I figured Boychuk would sign for between 3.8-4 million.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]                     http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5 Leaving $9M (w/o Savard LTIR included) to sign Rask, a defenseman (Corvo), Kelly, Campbell, Paille and Thornton this summer. Chiarelli has some decisions to make for sure. It will be an interesting camp in September as I see more veteran invites with no one-way contracts so he can have some room. PC better keep Paille because their is no one who can replace those 10 minutes and PK brilliance. If Hamilton isn't ready then that $9M starts to disappear with another vet stop gap coming in in the Boychuk price range. Can anyone guarantee Savard doesn't start feeling better this summer ? Or the cap is going to more than what it is is now coming out of the new CBA ? Got to be careful here Peter...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Everyone says we only have that much to re-sign everyone. But doesn't the current cap hit include their current salary? So wouldn't that in turn mean that that 9 million is what's available for pay INCREASES?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : Everyone says we only have that much to re-sign everyone. But doesn't the current cap hit include their current salary? So wouldn't that in turn mean that that 9 million is what's available for pay INCREASES?

Yes. (not counting Savard) It's also not counting any increase in the Cap itself, which is likely since league revenue has likely gone up with the Thrashers move.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : Everyone says we only have that much to re-sign everyone. But doesn't the current cap hit include their current salary? So wouldn't that in turn mean that that 9 million is what's available for pay INCREASES?
    http://www.capgeek.com/cap_calculator/popup.php?teamId=5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In a league where Joel Ward gets like 3 mil a year, I'm happy with 3.36 per for Boych...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In a league where Joel Ward gets like 3 mil a year, I'm happy with 3.36 per for Boych...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

This is a league where Michal Rozsival makes $5 million. I'm not about to complain about Boychuk

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Gotta love NESN. Supposed to be the Bruins local coverage, and have yet to post it. Now that's awful

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

NESN is too busy following the truck to spring training...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Good, solid signing of a guy that has shown he can play top-4 minutes on a cup-winning team.  He's also fun to watch and a great team guy.  Makes a few errors, but I can live with that.

Sections
Shortcuts