Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per

In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per:
    In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : This is a league where Michal Rozsival makes $5 million. I'm not about to complain about Boychuk
    Posted by red75

In a league where Scott Gomez makes 7 million dollars a goal. Anything else seems like a good deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Seems a bit high to me, but when you find a guy who fits the system and is reliable you hang on to him, per Chia's logic.  I think Chia has done a pretty good job with the d-men contracts.  I trust the organizational logic, based on what I've seen.

...but...he wouldn't have accepted $3.0?

Sorry, shouldn't second guess.  Just a tad higher than I expected.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'm with you fletch, seems a bit high.  however, i do trust pc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

That is a very reasonable signing for a guy who is on our top 2 pairing against all the stars of the league. He chips in with a few big goals with that shot. Blocks a pile of shots and is generally a good BOSTON BRUIN!! Good job PC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good, solid signing of a guy that has shown he can play top-4 minutes on a cup-winning team.  He's also fun to watch and a great team guy.  Makes a few errors, but I can live with that.
    Posted by OatesCam

Chara does ... not as many though .I would have liked about 3m but then you'de be calling me out of touch.
    As a top4 guy some teams might have overpaid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of us have been frustrated by Boychuck's brain miscues, and the fact that the last 7 goals in the playoffs came from his area of responsibility, but, obviously Claude has convinced Peter , and there are few comparables existing,so Gleason is reasonable. Now, what about Corvo? or are they assuming Dougie can step right in? He's obviously perceived as better than those in Providence, and the success of young guns like Karlson [sp.] in Ottowa.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

To bogie and bostonfan6995347890008. Enjoy watching 3 more years of Mr. Boychuk. Hee Hee.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

glad to have johnny back. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps5NOSWuvmQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DStsts9FA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O82ExbzS40&feature=fvwrel

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Originally, I thought 3.36 was high.  When I think of the comparables you've all shown me here....seems reasonable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : http://www.capgeek.com/cap_calculator/popup.php?teamId=5
    Posted by dezaruchi

Interesting. Without Savard we're looking at closer to $13 though. Not to bad for having to sign 5 guys. Some of which will make close to minimum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : Interesting. Without Savard we're looking at closer to $13 though. Not to bad for having to sign 5 guys. Some of which will make close to minimum.
    Posted by lambda13

Even after next year it'll just be Ference who's UFA on D. Just in time for Hamilton to slide in perhaps. Regarding the off-season, I feel only Paille, Kelly and Rask are important to re-sign. Everyone else can be replaced if need be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i haven't predicted a darn thing. I simply suggested the direction I would like to see the team take. Chiarelli has pretty much done no wrong, so hopefully I'm wrong, but I think Boychuk is a weak link, not an asset. I think smart hockey is winning hockey, and I don't think he plays a smart brand of hockey. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

i haven't predicted a darn thing. I simply suggested the direction I would like to see the team take. Chiarelli has pretty much done no wrong, so hopefully I'm wrong, but I think Boychuk is a weak link, not an asset. I think smart hockey is winning hockey, and I don't think he plays a smart brand of hockey. 
    Posted by bostonfan191646

You predicted the Hawks would tank and said Boychuk was awful. Both things are untrue. You also predicted a Knight interview.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

He plays hard, and bleeds black and gold and was huge in the playoffs. It is debatable who our best D-man was last playoffs. Seidenberg, Chara or Boychuck. A couple brainfarts from time to time...Who cares!! Good Job PC

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I usually count on it. Just think, you now have 3 more years to let everyone know how bad you think Boychuk is. Lucky us !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Its doable. Its just going to be tough to resign everyone. Darn it gets tough. LOL glad its not my job.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5 Leaving $9M (w/o Savard LTIR included) to sign Rask, a defenseman (Corvo), Kelly, Campbell, Paille and Thornton this summer. Chiarelli has some decisions to make for sure. It will be an interesting camp in September as I see more veteran invites with no one-way contracts so he can have some room. PC better keep Paille because their is no one who can replace those 10 minutes and PK brilliance. If Hamilton isn't ready then that $9M starts to disappear with another vet stop gap coming in in the Boychuk price range. Can anyone guarantee Savard doesn't start feeling better this summer ? Or the cap is going to more than what it is is now coming out of the new CBA ? Got to be careful here Peter...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Does anyone know exactly how that would work?  Cuz it's very possible.   I'd be surprised that at his age, being out of the game for over a year, whether he can  get it back, no matter how he feels. 

I'm wondering if he did want to return, after the phsyicals were passed, the B's wouldn't argue that the injury, has taken away his ability to compete as a player at the NHL level.

There must be some safety net there for both parties isn't there?

Thoughts?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : Even after next year it'll just be Ference who's UFA. Just in time for Hamilton to slide in perhaps. Regarding the off-season, I feel only Paille, Kelly and Rask are important to re-sign. Everyone else can be replaced if need be.
    Posted by dezaruchi

A good point dez.  Chia has shown that he can dance on the salary cap tight rope if needed, but this situation is still a pretty comfortable one. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : A good point dez.  Chia has shown that he can dance on the salary cap tight rope if needed, but this situation is still a pretty comfortable one. 
    Posted by Fletcher1

Corvo, Campbell and Thornton are nice guys but replacable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : Corvo, Campbell and Thornton are nice guys but replacable.
    Posted by dezaruchi

from a cap perspective though, their replacements probably wouldn't be any cheaper overall.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck 3 yr 3.36 per : from a cap perspective though, their replacements probably wouldn't be any cheaper overall.
    Posted by stevegm

Well, I'm thinking McDermid over Thornton. Maybe 1 of the prospects might be able to take on Campbell's 4th line minutes too. Corvo, I'd happily see PC pay for an upgrade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Still wondering, who then is a better D with a similar level of experience that could be had from another team and then re-signed for 3.36 a year?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Cap space next year - $8.96 - $12.96 if you include Savard

Forwards

Chris Kelly - makes $2.125
    3 yr - $3.5 million per

Campbell - makes $1.1
    2 yr - $2 million per

Pouliot - makes $1.1
    2 yr - $1.75 million per

Paille - makes $1.075
    1 yr - $1.75 million per

Thornton - makes $0.8125
    1 yr - $0.8125

Defense

Dougie comes in and replaces Corvo
    EL deal - $1.525 million per

Goalie

Rask - makes $1.25
    1-2 years - $3 million per

I think these are all reasonable assumptions for salary (think Kelly and Rask could be higher, but these contracts are within reason). Total them all together and you have $14.3375 vs cap room of $12.96 and that is for 14 forwards. Cut out one of the Paille, Campbell, Pouliot crowd and you're right at the cap.

I think it is very possible that the Bs can keep everyone under the current cap, the main question is whether the team chooses to keep Kelly. Given how important he is to the team and the fact Chia hasn't signed him yet, my bet is that he's gone if he wants more than Peverley ($3.25).

It's not a huge problem and Rask isn't going anywhere.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm a little suprised by the amount, but he is a good player and i can live with it. Who knows, if the cap goes up in the next 3 years which I would anticipate then it makes this deal look better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

boychuck and siedenberg are really our only 2 "big hit" threats.  He would have fetched more in FA no question.  Look at wisnewski (sp?).  If we had lost him for nothing then what?  Just cause a player is signed doesnt mean he cant be traded.  If nothing else PC has assured atleast a pick back if he's moved.

I like him, he's the rodney dangerfield of this team.

Sections
Shortcuts