Boychuck/McQuaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Boychuck/McQuaid

Why is there a serious difference in ice time here?
    Boychuck - 20:34 per game
    McQuaid - 14:51 per game

Does anyone else here prefer McQuaid's safe game in the B's system over Johnny's high-risk/low-reward style? It seems like Johnny is always slow in getting rid of the puck on the breakout, and in the offensive zone, he makes some pretty ill-advised pinches leading to odd-man rushes going the other way. The guy was the main reason for the game 1 loss against Vancouver last year when he rushed into the scrum on the boards.
    McQuaid usually makes safer plays with the puck and doesn't usually get caught out of position. He doesn't provide much offensively, but he rarely makes mistakes, which I like.
    If you don't agree, you can't possibly disagree to the point where you think that there should be a 5:43 per game difference in their ice time.
    If they've changed their games a little bit this year, I apologize (I'm not in the states and I'm unable to watch games). However, judging by stats and what I've read, their games seem to be pretty consistent with what I recall.
    Any reasons for this? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Boychuck/McQuaid

The answer is pretty simple...Boychuck is on the #1 D pairing with Chara, McQuade is on the #3 pairing with Ference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck/McQuaid:
    [QUOTE]The answer is pretty simple...Boychuck is on the #1 D pairing with Chara, McQuade is on the #3 pairing with Ference.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Actually Hang, I've been glad to see McQuaid getting a few more shifts with Zee lately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck/McQuaid:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuck/McQuaid : Actually Hang, I've been glad to see McQuaid getting a few more shifts with Zee lately.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed...always a good idea for the younger guys to play with and learn from the best.  They'll have their hands full today!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

Double agreed.  From a physical intimidation viewpoint alone, is there another pairing that can match these two?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

McQuaid has progressed every year, another Kudo for Chiarelli. He is also gaining more ice time in key situations, and has good chemistry with Ference. Boychuck, as we know, took a longer time to get to the NHL. He has worked hard to be part of the Bruins defense, as dictated by Claude, but, continues to make poor decisions, particularly when cornered or hemmed in. Some of the speedier teams, like the Habs, are anticipating his cross ice pass to his defensive partner, so it's up to Houda to reinforce an earlier and shorter release. It is what it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Expectations are different because from what the team wants of the 2 of them and Boychuk is being instructed to pinch more because Julien trusts that Siedenberg, Ference and Chara can cover. For what both Dmen are being paid my expectations are satisfied with their positional play.